PDA

View Full Version : Which remaining playoff team relies more on officiating?

TE
05-30-2012, 10:50 PM
I'm not just talking about free throw attempts allotted, but rather when they are received in junctures of the game. The qualitative aspect of officiating is more discussion worthy than the quantitative aspect, obviously, unless we look back at games like the 4th quarter of game 6 in the 2002 WCF. Bad officiating really fucks up games in crucial moments and I think all of us can relate to that when our favorite teams have both been the beneficiary and victim.

Anyway,... discuss :wakeup

Edit: poll up

Reck
05-30-2012, 10:55 PM
Why did you put SA in there? When have they benefited from the refs on a game to game basis?

Latarian Milton
05-30-2012, 10:55 PM
yeah we got more ft shooting tonight but that's something legitly granted when we have 2 of the top3 players of the current league imho. that nigga bron kept attacking their ass and the fags had nothing to do to stop him but throw brutal fouls at him one after another, it ain't meaning none biased officiating tbh

irishock
05-30-2012, 10:56 PM
Miami can still win without officiating.

OKC needs it to make the playoffs.

TE
05-30-2012, 10:57 PM
Why did you put SA in there? When have they benefited from the refs on a game to game basis?

"Remaining playoff teams".

TE
05-30-2012, 11:05 PM
So far we got 5 for Miami and 1 for OKC.

NRHector
05-30-2012, 11:07 PM
why did you put sa in there? When have they benefited from the refs on a game to game basis?

+1

Spur_Fanatic
05-30-2012, 11:07 PM
Hmm, tough one.

TE
05-30-2012, 11:39 PM
Up to 11 for the Heat, 4 for the Thunder, and one for Spurs (??:madrun:madrun)

mavsfan1000
05-30-2012, 11:43 PM
Miami or San Antonio.

spursfan1000
05-30-2012, 11:55 PM
Miami defenatly, they are not really a good jump shooting team, if they didn't get all the fits they would only have 70 points a game. Thunder on the other hand have plenty of jump shooters, they are a jump shooting team.

Reck
05-30-2012, 11:58 PM
"Remaining playoff teams".

Should still be a poll about the two teams that get the most benefit. San Antonio doesn't get shit.

Boston used to get calls but clearly that hasn't been the case for a few years now.

Jacob1983
05-31-2012, 12:00 AM
Miami but it's funny how the Heat's two best players aren't great free throw shooters. Wade and Lebron aren't even at 80 percent at the FT line.

mavsfan1000
05-31-2012, 12:14 AM
Should still be a poll about the two teams that get the most benefit. San Antonio doesn't get shit.

Boston used to get calls but clearly that hasn't been the case for a few years now.
Bullshit. They get a ton of flopping calls. Flopobili. Also San Antonio is allowed to play more aggressively on defense than most teams.

ElNono
05-31-2012, 12:23 AM
I thought this poll was going to be closer :lol

KD4MVP
05-31-2012, 12:34 AM
Miami, easily.

TE
05-31-2012, 12:36 AM
I think of Miami, but somehow, the mental image of Osama Bin Harden's beard barreling into the defender hoping to draw a whistle comes to mind.

Jacob1983
05-31-2012, 12:38 AM
LMAO Osama Bin Harden's beard. Nice.

BlackSwordsMan
05-31-2012, 12:41 AM
Even without Lakers in the finals -- Kobe still gets more calls.

Venti Quattro
05-31-2012, 12:43 AM
Even without Lakers in the finals -- Kobe still gets more calls.

:lol obsessed

Axe Murderer
05-31-2012, 12:45 AM
OKC without a doubt.

Harden has become great at just drawing fouls by throwing shoulders into people and Durant seems to get a foul call every time he drives.

LeBron and Wade are bigger and more athletic so teams will atleast have to intentionally foul them more

TE
05-31-2012, 12:48 AM
Seriously, having watched the NBA from an unbiased perspective, the only other player that I can think of that relies heavily on flops when driving to the rim is Ginobili. Wade comes to mind, but his body definition of flopping is falling to the ground. Westbrook is creeping up on Wade as the best flopper in that regard.

Anyhow, James Harden is a great shooter when left open, but he doesn't have any of the athleticism or skill that players like Manu or Wade have. For christ sake, he doesn't even play the fucking angles correctly, he just barrels his way through a crease and flops like a faggot.

James Harden is arguably the league's most protected player. A player without the nifty skill of a Manu Ginobili or the athleticism of a Dwayne Wade should never be awarded free throws for throwing his hands up in the air or picking up his head as he drives.

LkrFan
05-31-2012, 12:55 AM
Monkeyball Hype

TE
05-31-2012, 12:59 AM
If yall don't mind, take a good look at Harden when he drives to the rim. After talking to many people about it, it seems like this fact is ignored.

I always wondered how he got his points and now I know somewhat.

Anyways, Harden is a pussy with average skill and talent.

Jacob1983
05-31-2012, 01:02 AM
Come on now, Harden is a better player than an average pussy.

TE
05-31-2012, 01:05 AM
Come on now, Harden is a better player than an average pussy.

Yeah, maybe I overstated that. But my perception of Harden has changed completely after watching his play in these playoffs.

Better stated: He is an above average player that receives superstar like treatment.

Jacob1983
05-31-2012, 01:08 AM
And Duncan's never gotten any superstar calls?

TE
05-31-2012, 01:08 AM
And Duncan's never gotten any superstar calls?

He's a superstar, shithead.

Venti Quattro
05-31-2012, 01:16 AM
:lol more votes for San Antonio than Boston

Jacob1983
05-31-2012, 01:18 AM
I was saying that Spurs fan's shouldn't be complaining about lack of calls or refs. Duncan, Manu, and Parker all get superstar calls so please don't go there because I don't want to go there.

Mavs fans and Kings fans have been the biggest victims of Stern and shitty refs. Yes, it's true that both teams played awful during pivotal moments in 2002 and 2006 but the addition of Stern and bad refs made it too hard for both teams to overcome.

TE
05-31-2012, 01:21 AM
Take a look at this video and read my thoughts below.
d5dHI_OfDr8
I stumbled on this video while lurking on realgm in a thread containing some Thunder homer fan that was complaining about the officiating like the self-entitled bitches they are.
Play 1-The ever much used "oh i'm barreling into you with my beard and I'll flop every part of my upperbody and arms" tactic
Play 2-You reach, I flop.
Play 3-Pussy way of driving to the rim and half-assing on the flop attempt.
Play 4-Same as number 2, only he looks even more like the faggot I think he is.
Play 5-Called for an offensive foul because he thought he could n*****beast his way into the rim like he usually is allowed to while also receiving the benefit of the call. Splitter was not in the restricted area but he was continuing to move so that in a sense was a bad call and a break for the Spurs.

Honestly, I can't stress how pathetic of a faggot Harden looks in these plays. Don't have skill, don't have flashy athleticism, you flop like a faggot to get to the line = Harden style.

z0sa
05-31-2012, 01:23 AM
Miami, OKC, Boston, Spurs, in that order

TE
05-31-2012, 01:25 AM
I was saying that Spurs fan's shouldn't be complaining about lack of calls or refs. Duncan, Manu, and Parker all get superstar calls so please don't go there because I don't want to go there.

Those three players you mentioned are or at the very least are near being superstars. Manu at his best is not so much a superstar, but a star player nonetheless. I can understand your butthurt after witnessing Manu flop away time and time again vs the Mavs, but that's honestly all you got to respond this way. Parker, yeah, he's arguably the best PG in the NBA. Him receiving superstar calls wouldn't surprise me, but if he didn't get that type of treatment I wouldn't mind because I still can't see him being better than a lot of current point guards. Parker is making me eat shit this year though as I am a big critic of his game.

Anyhow, where is the Xanax? It hasn't kicked in?

Jacob1983
05-31-2012, 01:26 AM
Breaking news: NBA players flop and flop frequently

Number 1 was just a sad attempt at flopping but you can't say it's an offensive foul since the defender's feet were not set. The defender was moving too.

Does it hurt that Manu pretty much cost your Spurs a chance at repeating in 2006? :toast

TE
05-31-2012, 01:32 AM
Breaking news: NBA players flop and flop frequently

I don't know how to respond to this weak attempt at being sarcastic. Like, no shit? My problem with it is the NBA awarding superstar treatment to players that shouldn't be given that treatment (Hence, Harden).

Number 1 was just a sad attempt at flopping but you can't say it's an offensive foul since the defender's feet were not set. The defender was moving too.

Okay, what are talking about? Play 1 or Play 4? I think I'll go with the latter. Yeah, like I said, it was a bad call, he was still moving.

Does it hurt that Manu pretty much cost your Spurs a chance at repeating in 2006? :toast
Fuck you.

TE
05-31-2012, 01:36 AM
On the video I posted, I didn't even notice but he takes 4 steps on play 2:lol

:lol reliant on flopping to get you points when you aren't skilled or athletic enough to get them

Jacob1983
05-31-2012, 01:42 AM
This is basically just me having a philosophical moment but why are NBA fans so loyal to the sport when they question the validity and integrity of the sport and quality of the game? I mean the NBA is the only sport where people frequently wonder if the boss of the league is going to rig regular season and playoff games in order to create revenue and increase popularity. The NBA is also the only sport in which the refs are as popular as the players themselves. Why do we know so much about the refs? Why should we care about them? Why should we know their names? Why do grown ass men dress like fags and dumbasses on game day and during the post game interviews? If the NBA is rigged, why do we watch? Are we just suckers?

TE
05-31-2012, 01:55 AM
This is basically just me having a philosophical moment but why are NBA fans so loyal to the sport when they question the validity and integrity of the sport and quality of the game? I mean the NBA is the only sport where people frequently wonder if the boss of the league is going to rig regular season and playoff games in order to create revenue and increase popularity. The NBA is also the only sport in which the refs are as popular as the players themselves. Why do we know so much about the refs? Why should we care about them? Why should we know their names? Why do grown ass men dress like fags and dumbasses on game day and during the post game interviews? If the NBA is rigged, why do we watch? Are we just suckers?

I grew up watching the game in the 90's. I played all my life until college of course. You get suckered into the entertainment, I guess. I know I have.

At the end of the day, you have to remember the NBA is profiting off of the viewer. What better way to make money then to promote a team or player and work toward the goal of having that team be victorious?

Officiating is just one of the many components of basketball. I know a lot of tough guys will brush it off as nothing, but how a game is officiated dictates how defenses are allowed to play. That in itself really affects everything...Pace, defensive aggression, offensive player aggression, among other unmentioned aspects of the game. Within all that, there is the fact that officiating helps some players more than others.

It's the norm to award superstar and transcendent players, which is something I understand and I'm alright with.

But James Harden? Nu-uh.

Jacob1983
05-31-2012, 02:07 AM
The NBA is the least competitive sport in America yet it's still popular. I guess we're just fuckin' stupid and suckers for it. I mean look at hockey, you have an 8 seed and a 6 seed playing for the Stanley Cup.

SpursIndonesia
05-31-2012, 02:13 AM
OKC, Miami got plenty of officiating benefit, but that was like Shaq in his heyday, Lebron & Wade are just too damn good when attacking the basket in drive, too strong, too agressive, that the body contact in defending those drives becomes soo hard & evident. Both of these suckers are never great outside shooters and rely on their athleticism to get inside, so while not 100%, they deserves most of the freebies awarded.

OKC, i'm lol'ing at the FTs that Durant & Harden got while shooting from the outside, flailing all over the place & still get the bail outs, Kobe styled. All those ticky tack fouls in the perimeter. :lol

Sportstudi
05-31-2012, 05:22 AM
Miami, OKC, Boston, Spurs, in that order

This.

The most annoying thing though isn't the parade to the charity stripe IMO. The shit especially LeHype and DWhistle get away with on defense is far more mind boggling. When was the last time LyHype fouled out? In the regular season (689 games) he only fouled out 3 times and in his 105 playoff games he never fouled out and received 5 fouls only 6 times (the majority of these 6 games were in his earlier years in the league). Complete bullshit IMO.

ambchang
05-31-2012, 05:37 AM
If the Heatles were in NY, they win not 1, not 2, not .... They would win the next 25 championships.

KaiRMD1
05-31-2012, 08:51 AM
Miami first and OKC in a close second. Only reason OKC is in second is because the officiating hasn't helped against the Spurs if not to just bring it close for a moment. Then you blink and they're down by 20

hater
05-31-2012, 08:52 AM
Miami can still win without officiating.

:lmao

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

sammy
05-31-2012, 09:27 AM
1. Miami -they can't win without Refs help + and 1 everytime they flop:bang
2. OKC

DUNCANownsKOBE
05-31-2012, 09:31 AM
OKC without a doubt.

Harden has become great at just drawing fouls by throwing shoulders into people and Durant seems to get a foul call every time he drives.

LeBron and Wade are bigger and more athletic so teams will atleast have to intentionally foul them more
This. :lol Miami have 2x as many votes as OKC. Harden openly admits to needing free throws before he can get going. OKC's big men also love to catch the ball down low and since they can't finish for shit just flail their body around hoping for a call. OKC's offense is designed around getting FTs.

Giuseppe
05-31-2012, 05:24 PM
Only pussies & assholes blame the officiating.

TE
05-31-2012, 05:41 PM
So Miami wins in a landslide:lol

I would say that result has to do with the dislike of the Heat more than anything else.

I would still go with OKC.