PDA

View Full Version : 23 Percent Of All SportsCenter Programming Last Week Was Devoted To The Miami Heat

lurker23
05-31-2012, 12:18 PM
Okay, so yes, I know the whole "the Spurs don't get any respect" and "the national media is biased" angles get way overhyped by this board and Spurs fans in general. However, I still thought this article, which analyzes airtime and mentions on SportsCenter, was at least interesting to take a peak at:

http://deadspin.com/5914304/bristolmetrics-nearly-a-fourth-of-all-sportscenter-programming-last-week-was-devoted-to-the-miami-heat

Assman
05-31-2012, 12:22 PM
We landed on the moon!

LongtimeSpursFan
05-31-2012, 12:24 PM
This is probably one of the reasons why I dont watch ESPN. ESPN is only good for one thing: college football.

coyotes_geek
05-31-2012, 12:28 PM
Not surprising.

1. They're the Heat.
2. Last week they were struggling with the Pacers.
3. The Spurs & Thunder had already closed out their series.
4. There really wasn't much else going on in the world of sports at the time.
5. They're the Heat.

lurker23
05-31-2012, 12:35 PM
Not surprising.

1. They're the Heat.
2. Last week they were struggling with the Pacers.
3. The Spurs & Thunder had already closed out their series.
4. There really wasn't much else going on in the world of sports at the time.
5. They're the Heat.

Yeah, not really surprised, though you might have thought the Spurs would get more than 4 minutes of coverage. Also interesting that two Thunder players were in the top 5 in the number of mentions, with no Spurs in the top 15. Anyway, things like this might be more telling for future weeks.

Keepin' it real
05-31-2012, 01:08 PM
This is probably one of the reasons why I dont watch ESPN. ESPN is only good for one thing: college football.

Yeah, if you like the Big 10.

CosmicCowboy
05-31-2012, 01:18 PM
I could care less about the press, but if the refs keep sending Wade and James to the free throw line like they did last night while letting them abuse the other teams point guard with impunity like they did Rondo last night it could get ugly.

Obstructed_View
05-31-2012, 01:18 PM
But Miami plays that up-tempo, Eastern conference basketball that all of us love, right? Those 90-77 games are just burning up the scoreboards! And all that star talent: Mario Chalmers, Joel Anthony, uh, Shane Battier (he went to Duke, you know!). Wow.

Dr. John R. Brinkley
05-31-2012, 01:25 PM
But Miami plays that up-tempo, Eastern conference basketball that all of us love, right? Those 90-77 games are just burning up the scoreboards! And all that star talent: Mario Chalmers, Joel Anthony, uh, Shane Battier (he went to Duke, you know!). Wow.

As a casual bandwagon fan who doesn't really pay attention it makes the game much more easier to watch. While Carmelo or Pierce or Lebron hold on to the ball and dribble for 20 seconds I can check my facebook and then look up at the last second to watch a highly contested jump shot. The NBA...it's fantastic!!!

Ha, just kidding.