PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncan

Spurologist
05-31-2012, 10:38 PM
Not the greatest of nights for TD but congrats on reaching the pinnacle of the all time block list in the playoffs.

@NBA Tim Duncan just passed Kareem Abdul-Jabbar for No. 1 on the all-time career Playoffs blocks list with 477

:toast

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2007/1029/nba_g_duncan_580.jpg

TD will bounce back in game 4.
I believe.

tesseractive
05-31-2012, 10:49 PM
Even if we don't celebrate tonight because of the loss, remember: from now on, every single block Timmy gets in the playoffs sets a new record.

:flag:

TDMVPDPOY
05-31-2012, 10:49 PM
seems like a kobe wannabe chasing records then winning games....

Thomas82
05-31-2012, 10:51 PM
Not the greatest of nights for TD but congrats on reaching the pinnacle of the all time block list in the playoffs.

@NBA Tim Duncan just passed Kareem Abdul-Jabbar for No. 1 on the all-time career Playoffs blocks list with 477

:toast

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2007/1029/nba_g_duncan_580.jpg

TD will bounce back in game 4.
I believe.

Actually, it's 478 now, they credited him with 5 for the game.

Russo21
05-31-2012, 11:47 PM
Fantastic record. Congrats Timmy. Kareem's record has stood for a long time. Let's hope we get to the finals and Timmy extends his lead this year helping us win the finals. This new record will stand for a long long time. Who's gonna threaten it? Dwight? Maybe if his team starts making long playoff runs consistently for another decade. I see this record taking a lot to beat.

DMC
05-31-2012, 11:48 PM
What's the record for failed fade away attempts in one game?

Russo21
05-31-2012, 11:52 PM
Not sure DMC. But i think we can safely assume Duncan now holds that record to.

Aztecfan03
05-31-2012, 11:53 PM
Fantastic record. Congrats Timmy. Kareem's record has stood for a long time. Let's hope we get to the finals and Timmy extends his lead this year helping us win the finals. This new record will stand for a long long time. Who's gonna threaten it? Dwight? Maybe if his team starts making long playoff runs consistently for another decade. I see this record taking a lot to beat.

ibaka maybe? he's got 103 in first 3 years. same as duncan, but ibaka still as at least 2 games this year. and his blocks per game is higher.

Russo21
05-31-2012, 11:58 PM
Yeah maybe Ibaka, if he stays healthy and stays with OKC and goes deep into the playoffs every year and he avoids injury. There's a lot of if's to it.

SA210
06-01-2012, 12:00 AM
What's the record for failed fade away attempts in one game?

tesseractive
06-01-2012, 12:11 AM
Yeah maybe Ibaka, if he stays healthy and stays with OKC and goes deep into the playoffs every year and he avoids injury. There's a lot of if's to it.

Exactly. Olajuwon didn't break the record, nor did Ewing, Shaq, Robinson, or Garnett. Ibaka's got a long, long way to go.

Aztecfan03
06-01-2012, 12:23 AM

yeah. but if he plays close to the number of playoff games as duncan, he will almost certainly pass duncan in this category

TE
06-01-2012, 12:25 AM

I can't believe someone actually gave birth to someone with a mind to generate a response like this.

tesseractive
06-01-2012, 12:26 AM
yeah. but if he plays close to the number of playoff games as duncan, he will almost certainly pass duncan in this category

Is Ibaka going to still have even a fraction of his athleticism left 10 years from now? Tim's never relied on athleticism, so it's more practical for him to keep playing this long. Ibaka's very likely to break down sooner.

Juggity
06-01-2012, 12:27 AM

...Not accounting for potential serious injury, trade to a non-contender, decline in athletic ability (which he relies upon to a much greater extent than Duncan to get his blocks).

SenorSpur
06-01-2012, 12:34 AM
I want him to stop taking those off-balance, baseline fadeaways, while falling out-of-bounds and then lagging back looking at the refs.

TE
06-01-2012, 12:38 AM
I want him to stop taking those off-balance, baseline fadeaways, while falling out-of-bounds and then lagging back looking at the refs.

+1

Why does he rely on making his shot attempt more difficult? Kendrick Perkins is arguably the best post defender in the league... You can't do that against Perkins. For the better part during the 20 game winning streak, every spurs player contributed within the pick and roll and motion offense. That's when the Spurs are at their best. It's a sad fact, but this isn't 2003 anymore. You just can't dumb the ball down to TD and expect to score possession after possession.

slayermin
06-01-2012, 01:16 AM

I wonder what the percentages are with that shot. I would rather he shoot a jump hook shot with some arc than that move.

Too bad he never developed the sky hook like Jabbar.

100%duncan
06-01-2012, 01:18 AM
:tu The G.O.A.T of his generation

Arcadian
06-01-2012, 02:50 AM
Duncan can still score in the post, but he's just not taking the right shots. As has been said, he was shooting baseline fadeaway jumpers. Honestly, that has never been one of his best moves. His best moves are:

1) Right hand jump hook

2) Up and under (shot fake, step through)

3) Facing the basket on the left wing, allowing him to shot fake and drive OR drive fake and bank shot

If Duncan is going to be in isolation, it should really be on the left wing. If he catches it in the post, he should just use lots of fakes until he draws a foul - or until he draws a double/triple team, at which time he can pass to the open teammate. This is just basic stuff he has always done. I don't care if he's 36 or 40 years old, he can still do these basic moves.

Sean Cagney
06-01-2012, 02:57 AM

Duncan is not chasing records at all you idiot..... And they are winning games.

ViceCity86
06-01-2012, 04:43 AM
Tendinosis destroyed Duncan's game.Now he has to wear oversized bulky brace.It's a shame.This series is played every other day.Let's hope he does not get progressively worse by the game.

2003 playoff Duncan 4 game stretch
WCSF game 1-37pts 16rbs
WCF game 1-40 pts 15rbs
WCF game 2-32 pts 15rbs
WCF game 3-34 pts 24rbs 6blocks 6 ast

Russo21
06-01-2012, 05:33 AM
That was the greatest PF in history in his absolute unstoppable prime. Can't believe it has been 10 years since then

Dingle Barry
06-01-2012, 08:53 AM

Swallow a live grenade cocksucker.