PDA

View Full Version : Good game by OKC - they could've beat any team tonight

underdawg
05-31-2012, 10:55 PM
That said - when is failure considered chronic instead of probable?

Let me get this out of the way - of course, I know that the Spurs can't win without a full effort from the big 3 (plus Diaw, Leonard, Green, Jackson and Tiago too) and I know that the Spurs were due for a loss, but come on man - when can we finally say that Bonner just doesn't have the knack for the playoffs? Does his pitiful performance keep the Spurs from winning the championship? Yes and no - yes it kills runs and extends runs from the opponents but no it's not enough to kill a championship or even cause the Spurs to lose a series in the playoffs. That said, you can't honestly say now that he will probably help the Spurs win a series either - could Neal, Leonard, Jackson or Diaw? It's possible.

I get it as far as some Bonner apologists go - they long for the good ole' days when unathletic players made a difference in the NBA because they were "shooters" or "smart players" - makes you feel better about your basketball career winding down to a 5'4" freshman girl swatting you're 2" vertical layup. Those days are gone - let it go (that means you too Pop).
The point is that Bonner doesn't have the fire (yep, red hair and all) to push himself beyond his regular season play. Blair showed a little bit of his energy tonight and to me that's worth more than regular season success. Players feed off their teammates and right now Bonner's giving a "I'm a scared little guy" vibe to his teammates and enough is enough - let the Dancing Bear get a shot because the Red Rocket is grounded.

Say I'm picking on him - fine, but quit defending this guy because I believe his position and his output are more valuable than many folks on this board realize or will admit.

underdawg
05-31-2012, 10:59 PM
eh

ok

sorry - I will not tickle you hemo

therealtruth
06-01-2012, 12:14 AM
That said - when is failure considered chronic instead of probable?

Let me get this out of the way - of course, I know that the Spurs can't win without a full effort from the big 3 (plus Diaw, Leonard, Green, Jackson and Tiago too) and I know that the Spurs were due for a loss, but come on man - when can we finally say that Bonner just doesn't have the knack for the playoffs? Does his pitiful performance keep the Spurs from winning the championship? Yes and no - yes it kills runs and extends runs from the opponents but no it's not enough to kill a championship or even cause the Spurs to lose a series in the playoffs. That said, you can't honestly say now that he will probably help the Spurs win a series either - could Neal, Leonard, Jackson or Diaw? It's possible.

I get it as far as some Bonner apologists go - they long for the good ole' days when unathletic players made a difference in the NBA because they were "shooters" or "smart players" - makes you feel better about your basketball career winding down to a 5'4" freshman girl swatting you're 2" vertical layup. Those days are gone - let it go (that means you too Pop).
The point is that Bonner doesn't have the fire (yep, red hair and all) to push himself beyond his regular season play. Blair showed a little bit of his energy tonight and to me that's worth more than regular season success. Players feed off their teammates and right now Bonner's giving a "I'm a scared little guy" vibe to his teammates and enough is enough - let the Dancing Bear get a shot because the Red Rocket is grounded.

Say I'm picking on him - fine, but quit defending this guy because I believe his position and his output are more valuable than many folks on this board realize or will admit.

It's the RJ effect. If one guy is not playing hard enough it means the other teammates have to pick up the slack.