PDA

View Full Version : Best Buy Reward Zone program

Spurtacus
05-31-2012, 10:57 PM
I log into my account and find that the points I earned late in 2011 have already expired in February 2012. I lost 87 points because I didn't have 250 for a $5 certificate. What the fuck is this shit? This is why I do most of my shopping on Amazon.

Program Annualization

At the beginning of every calendar year, the Points in your account (except for Reward Zone program Credit Card members, Reward Zone program MasterCard cardmembers and Premier Silver members) will be issued as Reward Certificates down to the $5 level and any remaining Points balance will be forfeited. You will begin earning Points for the new calendar year on January 1. For example, if you have 300 Points, you will receive a $5 Reward Certificate (250 Points) and you will forfeit 50 Points.

ploto
05-31-2012, 11:30 PM
Office Depot started wiping them out every quarter.

Wild Cobra Kai
05-31-2012, 11:54 PM
Best Buy is fucked. Everyone goes there to look at shit, and then they buy online. It's called "showrooming" and it's killing them and closing stores.

Creepn
06-01-2012, 02:33 AM
Best Buy remembers my birthday. I feel special with them.

Reck
06-01-2012, 02:36 AM
That program is a sham anyway.

You need to buy a ton of shit and like 250 points to just get 5 bucks back. :lmao

BlackSwordsMan
06-01-2012, 08:22 AM
That program is a sham anyway.

You need to buy a ton of shit and like 250 points to just get 5 bucks back. :lmao

Bought a $700-$800 computer got enough points back just to get $5 :lol

resistanze
06-01-2012, 08:24 AM
I blindly signed up for that shit one time then realized their policy on wiping out your points. Haven't used card (or shopped at BB) since.

greyforest
06-01-2012, 09:03 AM
isn't this shitty chain out of business yet??

robino2001
06-01-2012, 09:36 AM
I guess I'm in the minority then... make most of my major purchases there (mainly due to 0% financing + this program). Only took my home theater startup purchase in 07 to get the silver reward zone and have had it ever since. More points per dollar spent and points are banked... I think I'm sitting on ~$50 worth of certificates now after emptying $125 in certificates in the beginning of the year to put towards a Kindle Fire. Not to mention the silver reward zone gives you access to Black Friday every year on the Monday before online... that's worth it in it's own right.

Also, sign up for the reward zone dining program. Attach whatever debit/credit cards you have to the program and you get points for eating at participating restaurants. There are four local places I frequent that are part of the program... I get probably $20 worth of best buy money each year simply from eating at these places - which I'd do whether they were a part of the program or not.

leemajors
06-01-2012, 09:57 AM
I guess I'm in the minority then... make most of my major purchases there (mainly due to 0% financing + this program). Only took my home theater startup purchase in 07 to get the silver reward zone and have had it ever since. More points per dollar spent and points are banked... I think I'm sitting on ~$50 worth of certificates now after emptying $125 in certificates in the beginning of the year to put towards a Kindle Fire. Not to mention the silver reward zone gives you access to Black Friday every year on the Monday before online... that's worth it in it's own right.

Also, sign up for the reward zone dining program. Attach whatever debit/credit cards you have to the program and you get points for eating at participating restaurants. There are four local places I frequent that are part of the program... I get probably $20 worth of best buy money each year simply from eating at these places - which I'd do whether they were a part of the program or not.

yup, 18 months interest free is pretty fucking easy to pay off. I bought a lot of my computer upgrades in Oct doing it.

robino2001
06-01-2012, 11:07 AM
yup, 18 months interest free is pretty fucking easy to pay off. I bought a lot of my computer upgrades in Oct doing it.

Or even 36 months on the big big purchases... (tv/home theater, washer/dryer, etc)

Das Texan
06-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Best Buy is a retarded store.

If they have the big product I want for a halfway decent price that isnt well overpriced, I'll use the for the 18 months thing.

I wonder how many reward zone points i have? I have been in that fucking thing since it started, yet I dont care about it and never shop there anymore (mostly due to their price and selection)

Spurtacus
06-03-2012, 10:19 PM
I've spent less than $300 with them the last two years and I'm a big buyer of games/movies/tech. I don't even go there to look at their stuff anymore since images and unboxing of stuff can all be found online. The best thing Best Buy offers is there no interest deals; 36 months no interest on an HDTV. :tu