PDA

View Full Version : Will the Celtics Give Out Green and White T-Shirts Tomorrow Night?

Russ
05-31-2012, 11:12 PM
Since the Spurs lost the game tonight, I thought this was a good time to acknowledge an irritation that has been building in me this entire playoff season.

It's T-Shirts. Specifically, this "everybody in the arena wears a conforming T-Shirt to create a checkerboard effect" drill.

It makes the arena look sterile and lifeless to the point of Nuremberg.

And it seems it's only the bush league outfits that do it. Memphis. Utah. OKC, etc.

I doubt you'll ever see the Lakers indulging in this nonsense (correct me if I'm wrong). Or the Knicks. I doubt Boston will do it tomorrow night (despite being down 0-2, they have some pride and self respect I will bet).

Does anyone else think this makes the whole game look like a bad Alice In Wonderland acid trip?

Venti Quattro
05-31-2012, 11:20 PM
The Lakers give away shirts. However, no one in the Hollywood section (lower section) wears them and the Lakers have a theater lighting setup in Staples so no one really notices.

Russ
05-31-2012, 11:25 PM
The Lakers give away shirts. However, no one in the Hollywood section (lower section) wears them and the Lakers have a theater lighting setup in Staples so no one really notices.

I'm only concerned about the lower bowl -- that's what can't help but show up on TV when the game is on.

And I do know the Clippers gave out T-Shirts for the Spurs series in the lower bowl -- I was there both games. But that just reinforces my point about who does and doesn't do this.

baseline bum
05-31-2012, 11:35 PM
Since the Spurs lost the game tonight, I thought this was a good time to acknowledge an irritation that has been building in me this entire playoff season.

It's T-Shirts. Specifically, this "everybody in the arena wears a conforming T-Shirt to create a checkerboard effect" drill.

And it seems it's only the bush league outfits that do it. Memphis. Utah. OKC, etc.

I doubt you'll ever see the Lakers indulging in this nonsense (correct me if I'm wrong). Or the Knicks. I doubt Boston will do it tomorrow night (despite being down 0-2, they have some pride and self respect I will bet).

Does anyone else think this makes the whole game look like a bad Alice In Wonderland acid trip?

I think the Lakers are actually the team that started the trend when they gave away those yellow "I Love LA" shirts for game 7 against Portland in the 2000 WCF.

Spurtacus
05-31-2012, 11:39 PM

I want "I want some Nasty!" silver and black tshirts all around the AT&T center.

Russ
05-31-2012, 11:40 PM
I think the Lakers are actually the team that started the trend when they gave away those yellow "I Love LA" shirts for game 7 against Portland in the 2000 WCF.

But did they give out two shades of shirts to create the jar-headed "checkerboard" effect? That's the key to this particular travesty.

baseline bum
05-31-2012, 11:50 PM
Oh, I didn't know anyone but OKC did the checkerboard.

DesignatedT
05-31-2012, 11:52 PM
the shirts are gay

Russ
05-31-2012, 11:53 PM
Oh, I didn't know anyone but OKC did the checkerboard.

Actually, I don't think even OKC did the checkerboard tonight. (I knew there was something I liked about those rubes. :))

But I know I've seen it several times this season, though. Memphis, I think. Maybe Utah. Denver?

Venti Quattro
05-31-2012, 11:55 PM
They did the checkerboard against LA.

Russ
06-02-2012, 07:37 PM
Tonight we get the patented bush league OKC checkerboard. :lol