PDA

View Full Version : Requesting advice on picking to watch a TV series

TE
06-01-2012, 12:46 AM
I have some time to kill the next couple of weeks and I was thinking about watching a show, more preferably a series. I have seen a thread containing The Wire and have thought into watching it to see what it's like. Maybe I will watch that, anyways, what are other shows that you are watching or have watched?

BlackSwordsMan
06-01-2012, 12:50 AM
Breaking bad
Dexter except the last season
Game of Thrones

Venti Quattro
06-01-2012, 12:51 AM
How about going with the oldies but goodies? Start with Seinfeld, Cheers, Friends, Frasier, ER.

BlackSwordsMan
The wire is good too

TE
Up to date with Breaking Bad. I think someone mentioned Game of Thrones already to me in a different thread... Is it really worth it?

BlackSwordsMan
06-01-2012, 12:54 AM
Do you like medieval themed shit? Always sunny is pretty awesome too dunno if you like comedies

Viva Las Espuelas
06-01-2012, 12:55 AM
Shameless. US version

BlackSwordsMan
06-01-2012, 12:56 AM
Wilfred US version

Fpoonsie
06-01-2012, 01:03 AM

<---

DeadlyDynasty
06-01-2012, 01:22 AM
The League

baseline bum
06-01-2012, 01:32 AM
The Wire has better character development than almost every movie I have ever seen, much less TV show. I don't think there has ever been anything on TV that has been close to being as good.

DeadlyDynasty
06-01-2012, 01:37 AM
Yeah, The Wire is unquestionably the best...try not to vigorously masturbate to Season 4 like everyone else does though.

Reck
06-01-2012, 02:46 AM

Why would you watch a series and ignore a season? That's fully retarded.

To OP,

If you're looking for a quick watch through a season than go with..

Boardwalk Empire (2 seasons completed, third upcoming, real good show)
True Blood
Rome (2 season series)
Six Feet Under (5 seasons)
Spartacus (2+prequel of 6 eps)

You will fly through all of those shows except maybe Six Feet Under.

True Blood and Spartacus will have you want to come back for more and more guarantee.

vato loco
06-01-2012, 04:23 AM
the sopranos
mad men
deadwood <----underrated as fukkk

have not seen the wire is it better then the sopranos?

100%duncan
06-01-2012, 04:28 AM
Gilmore Girls tbh. You will laugh, pretty and sexy woman in Lauren Graham. One of the best in the 2002-2007 era, imho.

vato loco
06-01-2012, 04:29 AM
al swearengen is right up there with tony soprano as the most badass alpha character i have seen on a show

DJFOf5RBQ-8

The Reckoning
06-01-2012, 06:21 AM
Arrested Development

The Reckoning
06-01-2012, 07:11 AM
book

this.

TV Guide offers excellent info in accordance to your taste.

BlackSwordsMan
06-01-2012, 08:23 AM

Have you seen last season?

Fpoonsie
06-01-2012, 09:59 AM
the sopranos
mad men
deadwood <----underrated as fukkk

have not seen the wire is it better then the sopranos?

Deadwood is terribly underrated. The only downside is how it ends; it was obvious the writers had no idea the show was getting its plug pulled.

The Wire is very good, and many on this board would argue it's better than Sopranos (even my boy baseline :cry), but I just can't agree.

robino2001
06-01-2012, 10:18 AM

What was wrong with the last season? I loved it.

mrsmaalox
06-01-2012, 10:26 AM
Downton Abbey ;)

JudynTX
06-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Hung :D

Homeland

IronMaxipad
06-01-2012, 12:04 PM
dramas:

Friday Night Lights
The Wire
The Shield
Mad Men
Battlestar Galactica
Twin Peaks
Sopranos
Six Feet Under
Firefly
Shameless (US)
Spartacus

Kai
06-01-2012, 01:33 PM
How is Sons of Anarchy?

Sense
06-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Shameless
Game of Thrones
Boardwalk Empire
Breaking Bad

Reck
06-01-2012, 02:21 PM

Yes I have, liked it.

Wasn't the best of the series but wasn't terrible either.

TE
06-02-2012, 12:14 AM
What about Lost?

Sense
06-02-2012, 12:33 AM
What about Lost?

I liked lost... a lot of people don't like it because there's some holes in the story, but it keeps you guessing.

I would recommend it also, just give it a chance. I know a few friends who thought it was "stupid and dumb" and don't get past the first season.

koopa
06-02-2012, 12:38 AM
How is Sons of Anarchy?

fking awesome

SpursBabe99
06-02-2012, 12:58 AM
Lost, Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy, Once Upon a Time, Spartacus, Boardwalk Empire, True Blood ;)

BlackSwordsMan
06-02-2012, 01:03 AM
this ninja probably didn't watch one episode of anything we recommended

TE
06-02-2012, 01:29 AM
^I'm watching bro. I'll give y'all some of my feedback

resistanze
06-02-2012, 09:59 AM
Damages.

Reck
06-02-2012, 11:29 AM
What about Lost?

I liked lost... a lot of people don't like it because there's some holes in the story, but it keeps you guessing.

I would recommend it also, just give it a chance. I know a few friends who thought it was "stupid and dumb" and don't get past the first season.

Lost was/is great.

People were mad because they didn't get a definitive answer about the black smoke or the big statue and so on.

Lost makes you think, guess some people are too lazy to put forth some thinking.

The show was about the character and that's what most people overlook. Not the myths of the island. It began with the character and the show ended being about the characters.

I recommend Lost.

Its a long series though. Over 120 episodes. Dont know if you are looking to watch a long series.

Destro
06-02-2012, 12:20 PM
start with the Wire then Battlestar Gallactica, Louie

baseline bum
06-06-2012, 02:51 AM
Hung :D

Sucks that got cancelled, as it was hilarious and seeing Lenore's bush every other episode wasn't bad either tbh.

oh crap
06-06-2012, 03:14 AM
Damages.

damn great and underrated series.

Wild Cobra
06-06-2012, 03:37 AM
It really depends on what you like, and what method you have to view.

I don't know what's on broadcast TV. I cut cable a long time ago. As for older shows I would recommend... not all are available on NetFlix...

Battlestar Galactica
Enterprise
Stargate SG1
Dollhouse
Babylon 5
Fringe
Farscape
Eureka
Ghost Whisperer
The Unit (almost real special ops military)
West Wing (political realistic satire)

But then, I'm into SciFi/Fantasy mostly.

leemajors
06-06-2012, 06:03 AM
dramas:

Friday Night Lights
The Wire
The Shield
Mad Men
Battlestar Galactica
Twin Peaks
Sopranos
Six Feet Under
Firefly
Shameless (US)
Spartacus

I like the US version of Shameless, but the original one is better. And it's on Netflix.

TE
06-28-2012, 01:47 AM
Almost finished with the entire series of Lost. Holy shit, it's pretty fucking long but for the most part, it is a very good show. My only criticism of it is how long and dragged out the beginning of season 5 was. I seriously didn't even feel like finishing the show after a couple of episodes but it definitely picked up.

I'm also currently on the first season of the wire. I've had to rewatch episodes just to keep myself thoroughly informed with the specifics of the show. First time I've ever done that, tbh.

MannyIsGod
06-28-2012, 02:03 AM
What about Lost?

I got the entire series on bluray for Christmas and I just now started rewatching it. Season one sucked me in like the first time I saw it. My favorite show of all time.

CubanSucks
06-28-2012, 02:06 AM
Easy, the greatest non comedy since Lost

http://www.fondos10.net/wp-content/uploads/images/fondos10.net-cine-y-tv-16.jpg

It's laughable how the over glorified soap opera Mad Men keeps beating this and Dexter at the Emmy's smh

MannyIsGod
06-28-2012, 02:12 AM
Almost finished with the entire series of Lost. Holy shit, it's pretty fucking long but for the most part, it is a very good show. My only criticism of it is how long and dragged out the beginning of season 5 was. I seriously didn't even feel like finishing the show after a couple of episodes but it definitely picked up.

I'm also currently on the first season of the wire. I've had to rewatch episodes just to keep myself thoroughly informed with the specifics of the show. First time I've ever done that, tbh.

I thought the show hit the skids for a season or so around 4. I thought it was still good, but not nearly as good as every other season. The end of 5 and season six are really awesome, IMO.

When you're done with Lost maybe give Alias a shot. That one really jumps the shark toward the end, but its pretty damn good for the first few seasons (I'm obviously a huge Abrahms fan boy).

Other shows I've really loved are:

The West Wing
Battlestar Galactica (the new one)
First four seasons of Dexter
The first few seasons of Weeds (this one REALLY jumps the shark)
Breaking Bad
The first few seasons of 24 (especially 1 - you could just watch one and not watch any other and leave satisfied)
True Blood
Game of Thrones
The Sopranoes
Curb your Enthusiasim

MannyIsGod
06-28-2012, 02:14 AM
Easy, the greatest non comedy since Lost

It's laughable how the over glorified soap opera Mad Men keeps beating this and Dexter at the Emmy's smh

Yeah I think its probably the best show on TV right now too. I haven't watched Mad Men yet, though. I lost interest in Dexter after season 4.

baseline bum
06-28-2012, 02:45 AM

Eh, fuck the Emmy's. If The Wire can't win an Emmy then it's a completely worthless award.

Trainwreck2100
06-28-2012, 09:16 AM
Archer

CuckingFunt
06-28-2012, 10:15 AM

From a loyal watcher of all three shows, a couple of points:

Firstly, I love Dexter, and particularly Michael C. Hall, who has been thoroughly engaging for years, but it doesn't even belong in the conversation with the other two shows. Not even close. Breaking Bad and Mad Men are easily the two best dramatic series on TV right now. By a pretty wide margin. Even at it's best, Dexter has never been as good/well made/well written/well acted as Mad Men or Breaking Bad.

Secondly, Mad Men has won more Emmys than Breaking Bad has in total, but Mad Men has never won a single Emmy for acting (which is fucking insane). Cranston, however, got three in a row for lead actor and Aaron Paul has won for supporting actor. Doesn't amount to much, since it's all so subjective, but if nothing else that fact makes it hard to argue that the show is being ignored by voters.

Lastly,
Eh, fuck the Emmy's. If The Wire can't win an Emmy then it's a completely worthless award.

shyne
06-28-2012, 10:22 AM
I started watching the Walking Dead a couple of weeks ago, I didnt think I would like it but its pretty fucking good. If you like LOST you will like this show.

Also another show that isnt mentioned is Californication, very funny and shows lots of good ass in it.

resistanze
06-28-2012, 11:27 AM

Damages 5th and final season starts in 2 weeks. Great series, along with Breaking Bad it makes for good summer TV.

Reck
06-28-2012, 02:47 PM
I thought the show hit the skids for a season or so around 4. I thought it was still good, but not nearly as good as every other season. The end of 5 and season six are really awesome, IMO.

Really?

I thought the second season was pretty much worthless imo.

That whole tail section losties and Ana Lucia was just atrocious to watch. Its like they ran out of ideas or something.

And I actually love season 5. To me the time traveling part was a very intriguing bit.

My favorite seasons are as follows..

Season 1 (Pretty obvious here)
Season 3 (Desmond owned this season)
Season 5 (Time traveling, duh)
Season 6 (See season 1)
Season 4 (Flash forwards made it interesting, but abit slow imo)
Season 2 (Worst of the lot, too many sub plots thrown around)

TE
06-28-2012, 03:01 PM
I started watching the Walking Dead a couple of weeks ago, I didnt think I would like it but its pretty fucking good. If you like LOST you will like this show.

Also another show that isnt mentioned is Californication, very funny and shows lots of good ass in it.

Have to agree with this. Similarities exist between both shows in terms of survival and climaticism (1st half of the 2nd season Walking Dead, notwithstanding).

TE
06-28-2012, 03:07 PM
Really?

I thought the second season was pretty much worthless imo.

That whole tail section losties and Ana Lucia was just atrocious to watch. Its like they ran out of ideas or something.

And I actually love season 5. To me the time traveling part was a very intriguing bit.

My favorite seasons are as follows..

Season 1 (Pretty obvious here)
Season 3 (Desmond owned this season)
Season 5 (Time traveling, duh)
Season 6 (See season 1)
Season 4 (Flash forwards made it interesting, but abit slow imo)
Season 2 (Worst of the lot, too many sub plots thrown around)

Mine would be:
Season 1
Season 6
Season 3
Season 5
Season 4
Season 2

Season 1 is some of the best one can watch tbh. One cannot just watch one episode without wanting to watch another.

The script was perfect because they made it seem like there was absolutely no answers to the mysteries of the island... It made for great anticipation IMO.

I love season 6, it answers a lot of the questions I had as a viewer. I am on the last episode of the series. Gonna watch it soon to catch the draft.

VBM
06-28-2012, 03:23 PM
Been knocking out TV shows the past few months (The League, Mad Men, Walking Dead). Just finished the first season of Breaking Bad...I'm hooked. Amazing show so far.

robino2001
06-28-2012, 03:42 PM
Have to agree with this. Similarities exist between both shows in terms of survival and climaticism (1st half of the 2nd season Walking Dead, notwithstanding).

First half of season 2 made me give up - though I've heard from many places the 2nd half was simply incredible... don't know if I care enough to give it another chance

TE
06-28-2012, 03:46 PM
First half of season 2 made me give up - though I've heard from many places the 2nd half was simply incredible... don't know if I care enough to give it another chance

Give it a chance, tbh.

Second half picks up quite quickly and stays going for the rest of the show. It culminates with an epic finale.

shyne
06-28-2012, 04:08 PM
Season 5 of LOST was my favorite, love the time travel deal alot. Plus Terry O'Quinn as the Man in Black was a straight badass.

TE
06-28-2012, 04:12 PM
Season 5 of LOST was my favorite, love the time travel deal alot. Plus Terry O'Quinn as the Man in Black was a straight badass.

Second half of season 5 is epic. Especially when one begins to figure out everything... I guess that's why it felt like the script was a bit prolonged and delayed. It worked out at the end.

shyne
06-28-2012, 04:20 PM
Second half of season 5 is epic. Especially when one begins to figure out everything... I guess that's why it felt like the script was a bit prolonged and delayed. It worked out at the end.

good luck with that series finale of LOST, especially the the last 15 minutes it was gutwrenching.

MannyIsGod
06-28-2012, 05:49 PM
I still love the Lost Finale. I think it was perfect.

CubanSucks
06-28-2012, 06:19 PM
Secondly, Mad Men has won more Emmys than Breaking Bad has in total, but Mad Men has never won a single Emmy for acting (which is fucking insane). Cranston, however, got three in a row for lead actor and Aaron Paul has won for supporting actor. Doesn't amount to much, since it's all so subjective, but if nothing else that fact makes it hard to argue that the show is being ignored by voters.

I wasn't talking about individual awards, I was talking about the big one, Best Drama Series. Honestly, I haven't given Mad Men a start to finish chance but from the chances I've given it it comes off like a Soap Opera with realistic acting and slicker cinematography. I just can't get behind a series based on the relationships of people working for an advertising agency

redzero
06-28-2012, 07:38 PM
try not to vigorously masturbate to Season 4 like everyone else does though.

Too late.

Blake
06-28-2012, 09:01 PM
Damages.

+1

I knew Glenn Close would not let down, but I was surprised at how awesome Ted Danson is. He's like an evil billionaire version of Sam Malone: he's not quite the brightest guy in the room and he bangs hot chicks.

Recommended. :tu

resistanze
06-28-2012, 10:11 PM
+1

I knew Glenn Close would not let down, but I was surprised at how awesome Ted Danson is. He's like an evil billionaire version of Sam Malone: he's not quite the brightest guy in the room and he bangs hot chicks.

Recommended. :tu

Have you watched all 4 seasons? I think Martin Short was outstanding in season 3, one of the best performances of the series.

TE
06-29-2012, 01:02 AM
good luck with that series finale of LOST, especially the the last 15 minutes it was gutwrenching.

It was great.

I thought it was perfect for the show.

:( can't believe I'm done with the show...

Reck
06-29-2012, 01:42 PM
You really watched it quick.

Going through 120 episodes in less than a month is pretty serious. lol

Blake
06-29-2012, 02:02 PM
Have you watched all 4 seasons? I think Martin Short was outstanding in season 3, one of the best performances of the series.

Na, just first two seasons. I need to get back to watching it.

silverbora
06-29-2012, 05:10 PM
i watched season 1 of game of thrones the last 2 nights.. pretty good show and getting better.

boss is another one worth checking out

pookenstein
07-18-2012, 02:15 PM
If you ever want to bore somebody to death make him watch "missing" with Ashley Judd and Sean Bean. So predictable. Fucking waste of time.

I only watched the complete first season because Sean Bean played Boromir.

JudynTX
07-18-2012, 02:56 PM
It was great.

I thought it was perfect for the show.

:( can't believe I'm done with the show...

This past Monday night, G4 Channel started playing the reruns of LOST. They started with the Pilot of course. :toast

Every Monday night from 7-11 pm.

http://www.g4tv.com/lost/

Red Hawk #21
07-27-2012, 08:52 PM
The Wire has better character development than almost every movie I have ever seen, much less TV show. I don't think there has ever been anything on TV that has been close to being as good.

I came across this post about a month ago and I began to watch The Wire thanks to you and others recommendations. Def one of the greatest shows I've ever seen. :toast I just watched the last episode last night and I'm sad the show is over (Even though it ended 4 years ago).

DPG21920
07-27-2012, 09:56 PM
Sons of Anarchy season 4 soon! I don't watch tv very much at all besides sports, but this show is great.

Proxy
07-27-2012, 11:12 PM
Game of Thrones

vander
07-28-2012, 09:59 PM

I thought the bloodbath season ruined the series, but tbh the "oh god" season has my interest somewhat peaked again.

IMO Dexter never embraced it's own calling, it always went with some season-long nemesis character when the greatness was in the true vigilante justice episodes, like the Cuban immigrant episode in season one, THAT is what Dexter should have been more about.

oh and my opinion for OP, there are 2 shows, and then there's the rest of television

the Wire and the Sopranos.

though Rome and Breaking Bad are pretty good too, and Deadwood, in a weird way.

Reck
07-28-2012, 10:15 PM
I thought the bloodbath season ruined the series, but tbh the "oh god" season has my interest somewhat peaked again.

IMO Dexter never embraced it's own calling, it always went with some season-long nemesis character when the greatness was in the true vigilante justice episodes, like the Cuban immigrant episode in season one, THAT is what Dexter should have been more about.

They only followed the first book on Dexter. After that they went a different way, as to accomodate the TV audience. They simply cant wait for the Author of Dexter to seat and write his next novel.

I still like Dexter and will continue to watch.

Without reading the rest of the books yet, I could tell that Debra had a fucked up thing for Dexter. So the fact the TV is kind of showing that now is really no surprise to me.

gaKNOW!blee
07-28-2012, 10:41 PM
The shows are kind of cheesy at times but I like white collar and burn notice.

oh crap
07-28-2012, 11:52 PM

just now catching up on this new season and so far it's great. glenn close fucking owns as patty.

DMC
07-29-2012, 02:16 AM
Homeland was ok, fizzled at the end of the 1st season imo.

Game of Thrones is ok too, got too slow this season though.

Breaking Bad is slow as fuck, has it's moments but I don't give a shit about wifey and crip.

leemajors
07-29-2012, 11:53 AM
Misfits is a very entertaining show. Pretty cheesy at times but it is hilarious

TE
07-29-2012, 01:20 PM
As soon as I'm done with The Wire, I'm gonna start on the Game of Thrones. You faggets better not be overrating that show...time is money imo

Xylus
07-29-2012, 02:05 PM
Just finished the first season of Game of Thrones a few days ago, it's worth the time.

My recommendations:

Battlestar Galactica
Friday Night Lights
Mad Men

Probably in that order.

Red Hawk #21
07-30-2012, 10:52 AM
Now that I'm done watching "The Wire" I'll be watching "The X-Files" (Yeah, I know).

Blake
07-30-2012, 11:04 AM
Psych is good once you get past some of the bad acting.

Some of the one liners/references to movies/tv shows/music are so quick though I can see how a lot of people don't get the show.

Corbin Bernsen is pretty good playing the main character's dad.

Reck
07-30-2012, 03:58 PM
Now that I'm done watching "The Wire" I'll be watching "The X-Files" (Yeah, I know).

I've been watching The X-Files for months now.

Kind of stalled out on season 5 though.

Started watching Spartacus again and never went back to it. :lol

spyder
07-31-2012, 03:48 AM
Just started watching Californication..pretty good show and the dude fucks a lot of hot chicks

Wild Cobra
07-31-2012, 06:00 AM
I thought it was a pathetic show.

Wild Cobra
07-31-2012, 06:00 AM

Love X-Files. Have it all on DVD. Don't forget to watch the movies.

shyne
07-31-2012, 09:41 AM
Just started watching Californication..pretty good show and the dude fucks a lot of hot chicks

Californication has been one of the most underrated shows around for the last five years. If you want to know why David Duchovny checked himself into rehab for sex addiction watch the show.

spyder
07-31-2012, 06:16 PM
Californication has been one of the most underrated shows around for the last five years. If you want to know why David Duchovny checked himself into rehab for sex addiction watch the show.

It's pretty funny as hell to..I just watched the episode where the mom is on her period and the do it and he goes down stairs to find the son, which is his daughters bf..see's him naked and his penis all bloody and says "did you hurt my mom?" bahhh I busted out laughing..I don't see why it's underrated..if I had Showtime I would have watched it:rollin

Reck
07-31-2012, 06:20 PM
Love X-Files. Have it all on DVD. Don't forget to watch the movies.

I have.

The movies suck. Specially the last one.

The problem I have with that show is that most episodes have nothing to do with the main plot line. (Alien mythology)

I think if you were to group all the episodes that had to do with the main plot, you'd get less than 30.

The finale was pretty odd too.

vander
07-31-2012, 07:03 PM
I have.

The movies suck. Specially the last one.

The problem I have with that show is that most episodes have nothing to do with the main plot line. (Alien mythology)

I think if you were to group all the episodes that had to do with the main plot, you'd get less than 30.

The finale was pretty odd too.

going through the X files again too, kinda, not as good as I remember it. it's frustrating how they never build on what they've seen/discovered, it's like they get their memories wiped at the end of every show. after getting so close to all this wild and unbelievable stuff, they just trot back to the starting line and never speak of it again.

for that reason, and the fact the the main story stumbles along like LOST, I find myself not liking the "alien mythology" episodes, but some of the stand alone episodes are still pretty good

also, the way there's always some character who knows so much and tells Mulder just a little bit for no real reason has me rolling my eyes.

and Gillian Anderson isn't a very good actress

oh crap
08-01-2012, 11:52 PM
damn, that dream sequence at the end of the last damages..

Venti Quattro
08-05-2012, 12:50 PM
The Newsroom and Suits are good. Also, The IT Crowd

AussieFanKurt
08-05-2012, 09:48 PM
Oz is the best show ever

Reck
08-05-2012, 09:49 PM
The Sopranos and its not even close.

lakerhaterade
08-05-2012, 10:03 PM
Oz is the best show ever

I'd figure you would love a show like that:lmao

Oz is good but far away from the best show ever. It's not even in the running for best tv series in the history of HBO.

lakerhaterade
08-05-2012, 10:04 PM
The Sopranos and its not even close.
Meh, it's neck and neck with The Wire.

Semi :tu

AussieFanKurt
08-05-2012, 11:07 PM
I'd figure you would love a show like that:lmao

Oz is good but far away from the best show ever. It's not even in the running for best tv series in the history of HBO.

Your opinion.. it's better than "good"

AussieFanKurt
08-05-2012, 11:10 PM
Also six feet under, archer, aqua teen hunger force, harvey birdman attorney at law, south park, game of thrones, boardwalk empire, walking dead and american horror story

lakerhaterade
08-06-2012, 02:44 AM
Your opinion.. it's better than "good"

Still not as good as The Sopranos and The Wire.

lakerhaterade
08-06-2012, 02:45 AM
Also six feet under, archer, aqua teen hunger force, harvey birdman attorney at law, south park, game of thrones, boardwalk empire, walking dead and american horror story

7 out of the 9 shows you mentioned are good to great imo. :tu

AussieFanKurt
08-06-2012, 02:49 AM
Still not as good as The Sopranos and The Wire.

I need to watch more of The Wire but I've been watching too much Breaking Bad and I struggled through start of S2 Wire, worth continuing though I imagine?

7 out of the 9 shows you mentioned are good to great imo. :tu

Haha, which ones do you not like

lakerhaterade
08-06-2012, 03:01 AM
I need to watch more of The Wire but I've been watching too much Breaking Bad and I struggled through start of S2 Wire, worth continuing though I imagine?

How far have you gotten through breaking bad? I'm up to date but I have yet to watch any episode this season. I don't like having to wait a week to watch and then wait again...just gonna have to run a mini marathon when the season reaches its midseason break.

Definitely, get yourself back to watching The Wire. Season 2 is great. You need to watch season 2, then season 3, to get to season 4. Season 4 is what separates this series with a lot of other TV shows, IMO.

Haha, which ones do you not like
Aqua teen hunger force and Harvey Birdman attorney at law.

It's not necessarily that I do not like them, I just haven't ever watched them or heard of them for that matter.

AussieFanKurt
08-06-2012, 03:41 AM
How far have you gotten through breaking bad? I'm up to date but I have yet to watch any episode this season. I don't like having to wait a week to watch and then wait again...just gonna have to run a mini marathon when the season reaches its midseason break.

Just watched first season over the weekend with the GF, my old man told me to watch it, he's up to season 4 I think. He said its fucking good. I assume you agree

Definitely, get yourself back to watching The Wire. Season 2 is great. You need to watch season 2, then season 3, to get to season 4. Season 4 is what separates this series with a lot of other TV shows, IMO.

Yeah my mate keeps getting in my ear to watch it.. I should

Reck
08-06-2012, 04:06 AM
The Wire was good but I didn't find it world shattering.

I'm not high on cop shows. Only reason I like the Wire is because of all the thuggin' that goes on that show. lol

The cop aspect of the show I could care less.

AussieFanKurt
08-06-2012, 04:47 AM
The Wire was good but I didn't find it world shattering.

I'm not high on cop shows. Only reason I like the Wire is because of all the thuggin' that goes on that show. lol

The cop aspect of the show I could care less.

Omar is easy the best character, fucking boss

AussieFanKurt
08-06-2012, 06:05 AM
I forgot Red Dwarf

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-06-2012, 11:09 AM
Misfits is a very entertaining show. Pretty cheesy at times but it is hilarious

Misfits is the shit :tu.

lakerhaterade
08-06-2012, 12:50 PM
Omar is easy the best character, fucking boss

You haven't been exposed to Marlo...

He a boss.

lakerhaterade
08-06-2012, 12:53 PM
Just watched first season over the weekend with the GF, my old man told me to watch it, he's up to season 4 I think. He said its fucking good. I assume you agree

Yeah my mate keeps getting in my ear to watch it.. I should

BB is excellent. I agree with your old man.

Just stick with The Wire. The 2nd season may be a drag but if you pay attention to the dialogue, it's actually very well good.

VBM
08-06-2012, 01:34 PM
BB is excellent. I agree with your old man.

Just stick with The Wire. The 2nd season may be a drag but if you pay attention to the dialogue, it's actually very well good.

I've got the Season 4 finale of The Wire on deck tonight. Season's 3 and 4 restored my faith in the show (Season 2 was like the Lumen season in Dexter...I just couldn't get invested in that portion of the storyline like I was with the Barksdales in Season 1).

Sopranos is on deck after Season 5.

Reck
08-06-2012, 08:46 PM
Hell On Wheels looks good.

AussieFanKurt
08-07-2012, 02:33 AM
I've got the Season 4 finale of The Wire on deck tonight. Season's 3 and 4 restored my faith in the show (Season 2 was like the Lumen season in Dexter...I just couldn't get invested in that portion of the storyline like I was with the Barksdales in Season 1).

Sopranos is on deck after Season 5.

Yeah exactly, it wasn't that it was bad perse, I just couldn't get into it like season 1

pookenstein
08-07-2012, 03:33 AM
Hell On Wheels looks good.

Hell on Wheels is awesome.

Red Hawk #21
08-26-2012, 08:54 PM

I'm only up to the 10th episode in Season 1 right now, I feel like every episode could've had a movie based after them. Show's been that good. Scully's character is pretty annoying though, the evidence is always right in her face but yet she chooses to be skeptical :bang