PDA

View Full Version : Watching the replay, the big momentum shift happened on that Ibaka dunk early in the

midnightpulp
06-01-2012, 06:00 AM
2nd, cutting a previous 5 point lead down to 1. More importantly, Splitter and Neal looked lost out there but Pop inexplicably kept Neal and Splitter in for an additional 2 minutes and then brought Neal back in to close out the quarter.

Green's been a non-factor, but it's not like he did anything detrimental during that stretch to be subbed out. And if Pop wanted Green out, Jackson would've made more sense. But rather than simply finishing up with Duncan, Diaw, Jackson/Leonard, Manu, and Parker, he puts out some head-scratching small-ball lineup (against OKC's starters) of Parker, Manu, Neal, Jackson, and Duncan, with Manu guarding KD and Jax on Ibaka.

All I have to say to that is: Lol wut?

Have the Spurs used that lineup at anytime during the season?

I think if Pop calls a TO and brings the starting lineup after that Ibaka dunk, this is a closer game. OKC probably still wins, but I think the Spurs would've gave themselves a shot instead of being handed their ass.

Only logical explanation is that Pop was using a game that he felt was lost from the start to try out something different and see how it works in the event the Spurs need a major changeup if they find themselves in trouble later in the series.

boutons_deux
06-01-2012, 06:22 AM
It's called throwing stuff against the wall to see if it sticks.

100%duncan
06-01-2012, 06:36 AM
Yes. But we still got back in the game, the Duncan missed layup was the one that cost us imo. Converted that we're down by 9 but he didn't and OKC I think shot a 3 in transition.