PDA

View Full Version : 3 Spurs fans jailed in wake of brawl

sa_butta
06-01-2012, 10:51 AM
National media and some basketball fans have said the Spurs are a boring team with a clean-cut, good-guy reputation.
But as the team sealed its second victory against the Oklahoma City Thunder and 20th consecutive win Tuesday, several fans got involved in very un-Spurs-man-like behavior: a brawl broke out with Thunder fans.
Ushers and Bexar County sheriff's deputies broke up the fight, which was recorded by a nearby game attendee and by TNT's cameras. Three Spurs fans, a woman and two men, were arrested on charges of assault with bodily injury.
Ariel Martinez, 32; his wife Diana Galvan, 35, and Eloy Gonzalez, 40, all were released from Bexar County Jail after posting $2,500 bail each.
Witnesses told deputies who work security at the AT&T Center that tempers flared after two Thunder fans waved a Kevin Durant jersey near the close of the game, which ended in a 120-111 Spurs victory.
Gonzalez, who sat in Row 22, said the jersey-waving had been obstructing his view throughout the whole game. After several complaints, an usher allegedly asked the Thunder fans twice to sit down and keep the garment still, according to Gonzalez, Martinez and Galvan. But halfway through the third quarter, Gonzalez said he approached the Thunder fan, sitting four rows away.
“I grabbed the jersey because I couldn't see the game,” Gonzalez said. “He told me to give it back, but I threw it and started walking back to my seat.”
Then, Gonzalez said, the Thunder fan punched him in the back of the neck and the two began to brawl. As they exchanged blows, the pair rolled over seats and landed in front of Martinez and Galvan, who were sitting with their 18-year-old son and two daughters, ages 13 and 19.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/3-Spurs-fans-jailed-in-wake-of-brawl-3599477.php#ixzz1wYcyUhRR

bov0GJy99dE

d55p6EEYyUM

Killakobe81
06-01-2012, 10:58 AM
Laker fan behavior. first you start to win like us, then your fans became obnoxious like us ...now the shallow end of your fanbase is rioting like us. Welcome to the club :toast

:lol Class.

arial
06-01-2012, 11:00 AM
Good there's no place for that, these people should be banned from the AT&T Center as well.

Darius Bieber
06-01-2012, 11:01 AM
To be honest, this kind of stuff always happens. They just make a super big deal of it here. In the soccer world, fights like this happen almost every game but no one makes a huge butt hurt deal about it. Mix in the alcohol and it's a recipe for disaster.

Rapper
06-01-2012, 11:19 AM
spurs fans were on fire, hopefully the spurs saw it and will be on fire too

TampaDude
06-01-2012, 11:44 AM
Laker fan behavior. first you start to win like us, then your fans became obnoxious like us ...now the shallow end of your fanbase is rioting like us. Welcome to the club :toast

:lol Class.

Maybe SJax should give Harden another elbow just for good measure. :lol

timvp
06-01-2012, 12:01 PM
Tbh, I'd rather Spurs fans be too emotional than too quiet.

Duncan2177
06-01-2012, 01:11 PM
Idiots

JRHernandez88
06-01-2012, 01:31 PM

True. Maybe we're to nice. I always control my emotions at games but sometimes it's to much. It got to the point at Lakers games where they were almost taking over the damn building.

JRHernandez88
06-01-2012, 01:35 PM
damn these were some grown ass men to. 32, 40 and a 35 year old woman. LMAO show em whats up SA TOWN.

lefty
06-01-2012, 01:38 PM
lol fat fake tough guys

TJastal
06-01-2012, 01:45 PM
You pay good money to go watch a game and instead you get to see some stupid inconsiderate prick waving a jersey around.

Fans tend to emulate their team and city.

LakerHater
06-01-2012, 01:49 PM
damn these were some grown ass men to. 32, 40 and a 35 year old woman. LMAO show em whats up SA TOWN.

our fan base is TOSBs too :depressed

Trainwreck2100
06-01-2012, 01:52 PM
hopefully less warnings are given, and they just kick them out now

JRHernandez88
06-01-2012, 02:12 PM
our fan base is TOSBs too :depressed

Yup what's a team full of RJ's. You need a few SJax's around to regulate. For the most part spur fan= classy though. Don't act like deep down you don't wish some random spur fan slaps Lakers fan silly.

Obstructed_View
06-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Dumbasses. Someone's doing that, tell an usher. That's what those guys are there for, right?

T Park
06-01-2012, 04:12 PM
Dumbasses. Someone's doing that, tell an usher. That's what those guys are there for, right?

Yeah in my experiences they just say something...

Agitator
06-01-2012, 05:39 PM
sounds like my kinda crowd. oi.

ploto
06-01-2012, 06:20 PM
I'd rather Spurs fans be too emotional than too quiet.

Unfortunately, this probably had more to do with being too drunk than too sober.

angelbelow
06-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Spurs ball!

racm
06-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Those fans were more nasty than the complacent, disinterested team I saw last night.

Kidd K
06-02-2012, 12:48 AM
Not sure how anyone can bemoan the behavior of the Spurs fan in this situation. The Thunder fan was being obnoxious, kept being obnoxious despite being told to stop, so the Spurs fan said fuck it and took away the thing the guy was being obnoxious with and got stole on in the back of the head. How's that his fault exactly? The Thunder fan is clearly the dick in this scenerio, if the story is accurate anyway.

I'm guessing the Spurs fan beat the shit out of him though considering he got rolled for battery and inflicting bodily injury, so at least justice somewhat prevailed here.

Rapper
06-02-2012, 02:37 AM

like me?

PublicOption
06-02-2012, 02:41 AM
Fuck all you motherfuckers, we used pour beer all over Pat Riley. When I was a kid if you came into the Hemisfair with a lakers shirt you got your ass beat. We are nice now but we used to be ruthless.

TE
06-02-2012, 03:33 AM
Being the confrontational type of person, I would've told that Thunder Jersey-waving dude to take it down a notch. If not, I would've done something physically similar. Fuck that. I'm not gonna have some opposing team Jersey waved in my face out of disrespect. I'm sure a lot of you all feel the same but are just to pussy to go that route. Man up, tbqh.

senorglory
06-02-2012, 05:30 AM
Not sure how anyone can bemoan the behavior of the Spurs fan in this situation.

Sucker punching the guy from behind wasn't especially cool.

Typical London Boy
06-02-2012, 06:14 AM
Sucker punching the guy from behind wasn't especially cool.

It was the OKC fan who initiated the violence.

“I grabbed the jersey because I couldn't see the game,” Gonzalez said. “He told me to give it back, but I threw it and started walking back to my seat.”
Then, Gonzalez said, the Thunder fan punched him in the back of the neck and the two began to brawl."

Chase_the_Bass
06-02-2012, 08:43 AM
Sometimes you have to kick some bitches in the head. That's life.

pgardn
06-02-2012, 08:48 AM
Enter the internet tough guys...

You knew it was coming. My chance to tell em what I do and did.

"Why I otta..." Stooges.

:sleep

Leetonidas
06-02-2012, 09:24 AM
better than getting shot after the game tbh

Mal
06-02-2012, 09:29 AM
Thunder fans can buy ticket anywhere, sit there and annoy other people ?

thunderfan
06-02-2012, 09:32 AM
1 warning. Usher shoulda kept an eye and tossed that guy the next time he did it. In OKC they won't even let you walk down the steps from the tunnel (ie if you left to go get a beer) until play is stopped

SpursDynasty
06-02-2012, 09:39 AM
There's a video of it on Youtube. It's actually the Spurs fan who threw the punch, and his wife joined in after another woman tried to pull them apart.

I'm ashamed of most of this city as it is filled with unintelligible douchebags who get in fights over Spurs games when the game is already won and done.

The Spurs TEAM is what has the clean-cut, good guy reputation. But the men (and some women) in San Antonio are no different than brainless morons like Ron Artest who do stupid shit.

admiralsnackbar
06-02-2012, 10:25 AM
Being the confrontational type of person, I would've told that Thunder Jersey-waving dude to take it down a notch. If not, I would've done something physically similar. Fuck that. I'm not gonna have some opposing team Jersey waved in my face out of disrespect. I'm sure a lot of you all feel the same but are just to pussy to go that route. Man up, tbqh.

Nothing manly about facing assault charges and a civil suit, tbqh. Fuck your life up for some asshole you never met before because he doesn't respect a sports franchise you happen to cheer for? Fuck that, brother. Respect is over-rated:lol

I Heart Ginobili
06-02-2012, 11:03 AM
Spics gonna spic.

rascal
06-02-2012, 11:31 AM
Why did they arrest the woman?

rascal
06-02-2012, 11:32 AM

Then, Gonzalez said, the Thunder fan punched him in the back of the neck and the two began to brawl."

He should have given it to an usher.

rascal
06-02-2012, 11:36 AM
There's a video of it on Youtube. It's actually the Spurs fan who threw the punch, and his wife joined in after another woman tried to pull them apart.

I'm ashamed of most of this city as it is filled with unintelligible douchebags who get in fights over Spurs games when the game is already won and done.

The Spurs TEAM is what has the clean-cut, good guy reputation. But the men (and some women) in San Antonio are no different than brainless morons like Ron Artest who do stupid shit.

So the video does not support the writeup of how the incident unfolded.

Keepin' it real
06-02-2012, 12:55 PM
I'm ashamed of most of this city as it is filled with unintelligible douchebags...

Wow, you are personally acquainted with most of the people in this city? That's impressive; where do you find the time?

Personally, methinks you're full of it for making a statement like that.

senorglory
06-02-2012, 01:23 PM

OP's post has video that looks like spurs jersey punching from behind.

slayermin
06-02-2012, 01:25 PM
Maybe it's just me but SA has calmed down quite a bit from the early and mid 90's. I went to the Oyster Bake this year and other fiesta events around the city the last couple of years. The propensity for fighting isn't there like it was when i was younger. Fights use to break out all the time. I haven't seen one in the events i have been to recently.

DMC
06-02-2012, 01:27 PM
I think that one guy called the other guy estupid and said "joo can't stupid me, I stupid you" then caught the chengaso in the oho.

OZWIN
06-02-2012, 01:33 PM
The Spurs might be a boring team but at least they win...Thunder fans were clearly upset after the game two loss.

Horry For 3!
06-02-2012, 06:31 PM
I saw that whole fight at the game.