PDA

View Full Version : Grades: Spurs @ Thunder - Game 3

timvp
06-01-2012, 11:27 AM
On Thursday night, the Spurs confirmed that they are indeed capable of losing a game of basketball. After 20 straight wins, the Thunder hosted the Spurs in Game 3 and rolled to an emphatic 102-82 victory. Anyone who doubted the Thunder were anything less than a legitimate championship contender experienced a rude wake-up call.

Oklahoma City scored the first eight points of the game but San Antonio came storming back. Three and a half minutes later, the game was tied. At the end of the first quarter, the Spurs had a two-point lead.

Manu Ginobili hit a three-pointer to start the second quarter to extend the lead to five ... but, unfortunately, it was all downhill from there. The Thunder responded with a 24-5 run and exited the court at intermission with a 54-41 advantage.

Coming out of the gates in the third quarter, the Spurs got as close as 11 points before the Thunder stepped on their throats. An 11-2 run put OKC up by 20 and the San Antonio would never trail by less than 15 points again.

For the Spurs and their fans, this was definitely a game to forget. The Thunder obviously played with more passion and more juice. Their desperation was palpable and the OKC fans were into the game from the opening tip. To make matters worse, the Spurs were sloppy with the ball and otherwise technically unsound.

The 20-game winning streak was a memorable ride, however the playoffs have now officially begun for the Spurs. Game 4 is going to be the most difficult game of the season to date. Let's hope the Spurs will be ready and bounce back.

http://dailyelements.com/may31box1.jpg

http://dailyelements.com/may31box2.jpg

Tim Duncan D
With the typical plays on offense being engulfed by the long-armed athletes on OKC, Tim Duncan tried to carry the team on his shoulders. In retrospect, it was a mistake. These days, Duncan can't win playoff games by scoring from the low block. That is especially true against a Thunder team that has solid post defenders and a bevy of capable double-teamers. Defensively, Duncan defended the rim well but the rest of his D was lacking. His individual defense wasn't as dominating as we've come to expect. His pick-and-roll defense, along with his transition defense, was a step slow. Rebounding was another area of weakness on this night. For the Spurs to win this series, Duncan will need to resume his role and avoid straying from what has worked. I give him credit for trying to come to the rescue but ultimately he just made things worse.

Manu Ginobili D
Lately, Manu Ginobili's decision-making and crispness level have been questionable, even when he's otherwise played well. In Game 3, those negatives shone brightly. Ginobili was too loose with the basketball and wasn't creating well for himself or others. Defensively, he wasn't much better. While his rebounding was a plus, his one-on-one defense was below average and he wasn't causing any havoc away from the ball either. To maximize their depth, the Spurs need Ginobili at the top of his game and surgically picking apart the Thunder's bench unit. That wasn't anywhere close to being the case on Thursday night.

Tony Parker D+
The Thunder had Thabo Sefolosha defend Tony Parker in Game 3 and the adjustment proved very effective. While Sefolosha deserves some credit, Parker helped matters by being too tentative. Instead of attacking north and south, Parker allowed Sefolosha to push him east and west. Turnovers were also a major problem. Sefolosha's length played a role in that but Parker just has to make quicker, smarter decisions and cut harder off of screens to open up space. Defensively, the Spurs avoided a cross-matchup by having Parker mostly defend Sefolosha. Considering that Sefolosha exploded for a career playoff high of 19 points, it's safe to say Parker's defense was also poor on this night.

Danny Green C
Danny Green's struggles are one of the most distressing aspects of this series thus far. Game 3 just added to that. While he didn't overtly struggle as much as he did in Game 1 and the fourth quarter of Game 2, Green clearly wasn't playing with his normal level of confidence. Offensively, he's not amounting to anything more than a one-dimensional three-point shooter. And considering he's 3-for-15 on threes this series, that's not good -- to say the least. Defensively, while Green did a good job of challenging Russell Westbrook's shots, he also gave him way too many driving lanes. Westbrook more than made up for his poor shooting night by penetrating and finding wide open players on the perimeter. If Green is going to continue defending Westbrook, he needs to better stay in front of him.

Kawhi Leonard B-
On the defensive end, I wasn't displeased with Kawhi Leonard. Even though the Thunder won, it wasn't due to a Kevin Durant explosion. In fact, a lot of Durant's damage came in the open court off of turnovers and long rebounds. Leonard was also really good on the boards in addition to being one of the few Spurs who was willing to throw his body around in the paint. Offensively, though, things didn't go nearly as swimmingly. Leonard was rushing when he got the ball. He needs to settle back into his role and take what the defense gives him. Leonard was benched for good after taking a contested step-back three-pointer with 8:04 remaining in the third quarter. I don't think we've seen that shot from Leonard all season.

Boris Diaw C-
It was a muted evening for Boris Diaw. On offense, he was too passive when it came to his shot selection. And while his passing was good, his decisions weren't as flawless as they were in the first two games. With the Spurs desperate for playmaking, it would have been great if Diaw stepped up to fill that void ... but that didn't happen. Defensively, he was largely a non-factor -- both individually and team-wise. His rebounding was also missing in action.

Stephen Jackson C+
Statistically, Stephen Jackson appeared to have a breakout performance. However, he just wasn't very good when the game was still up for grabs. On offense, he was tentative with his shot and his ballhandling and passing were weaknesses. Eventually, Jackson stopped being tentative and started letting it fly. The results were positive -- but it was too late. Defensively, he had the opposite problem. At first, he was too aggressive and got caught out of position few times. That said, his defense on Durant continues to be a positive in this series. Going forward, let's hope Jackson will continue to shoot when he's open while also finding the right balance of aggression on defense.

Gary Neal C+
It was an uncharacteristic game for Gary Neal. Defensively, he wasn't that bad; Neal was actually attentive with his rotations while offering a little resistance in individual matchups, which is more than we can usually say. On offense, Neal was having issues with his shot-making. The Thunder were forcing him to shoot off the dribble and the strategy worked for OKC. Surprisingly, Neal's playmaking was also a positive and he took care of the basketball, especially compared to all the other ballhandlers on the team.

Matt Bonner D-
Ugh. Is Matt Bonner capable of thriving at this level of competition? I just don't see it. Defensively, he lacked in physicality and swiftness. To make matters worse, he made a few mental mistakes in rotations. While he rebounded at an halfway acceptable clip, his boxing out was poor. Offensively, not only was he missing shots, he was passing up open looks to dribble the ball into the middle. Against the Thunder's length and activity, that's suicide for Bonner. Since the first game of the playoffs, Bonner is shooting 26.9% from the field and 26.3% on three-pointers. As much as I want to find a rational explanation for his lack of marksmanship, the reality that Bonner is a playoff choker is just becoming impossible to overlook.

Tiago Splitter D
One of the most effective adjustments the Thunder made was to switch on picks set by Tiago Splitter. The reason it was so effective was because Splitter failed to score when defended against much smaller players. As I'm sure Pop will hammer into his brain over the next 24 hours, Splitter has to bury smaller players under the basket and then go straight into his shot. Catching the ball and relying on post moves to score on players much smaller than him is a losing proposition. Let's hope Splitter can make the adjustment because he's a vital part of this team. If the Thunder effectively negate his effectiveness for the duration of the series, the Spurs are in seriously trouble. Defensively, Splitter was also quiet. He was usually a step slow when it came to protecting the rim and he didn't always use his length to his advantage.

James Anderson Inc.
I was pleasantly surprised with James Anderson's defense and rebounding. He was active, physical and ready to play despite the long layoff. Offensively, he didn't do much but his decisiveness was commendable. I don't think Anderson will play a notable role going forward but his play in Game 3 probably improved Pop's confidence in him.

DeJuan Blair Inc.
DeJuan Blair played the final ten minutes of the game and continued his habit of destroying the Thunder. For whatever reasons, he just always plays well against Oklahoma City. Obviously, there wasn't much on the line during garbage time but Blair's production might be difficult for Pop to totally ignore. (And I don't know if it's an optical illusion due to his haircut but I thought Blair looked noticeably skinnier than the last time we saw him play.)

Patrick Mills Inc.
The chances of Patrick Mills earning playing time in this series took a hit when the Australian turned the ball over within two seconds of checking into the game. From there, Mills didn't do enough right on either end to prompt Pop to second-guess his choice of backup point guard.

Pop C-
The players didn't seem ready for the amount of fire the Thunder would bring to the game. Pop, too, seemed unprepared. His playcalling oscillated between non-existent and confusingly bland. The Thunder threw the book at the Spurs and I didn't see many in-game adjustments by Pop. Rotations-wise, I was disappointed. Matt Bonner was overwhelmed yet Pop inexplicably continues to show belief in him. I thought Diaw and Leonard should have played more. When things started going south, going to Blair to try to change the tenor of the game would have been worth a shot, especially since the Spurs were lacking interior scoring and energy -- Blair's two strengths. Heading into Game 4, Pop has a lot of decisions to make when it comes to countering the Thunder's adjustments. Perhaps even more importantly, Pop needs to ensure that his troops bring the appropriate amount of enthusiasm and desperation.

coyotes_geek
06-01-2012, 11:33 AM
Taking it pretty easy on Kawhi, Green and Boris IMHO.

spurs1990
06-01-2012, 11:40 AM
Every man on the roster contributed to the scoreboard....except one ultra conspicuous individual.

TampaDude
06-01-2012, 11:40 AM
The Spurs were just out there making some turnovers...just losing to a team that was supposed to beat them...no surprises there. :lol

BlackSilver
06-01-2012, 11:46 AM
So, to summarize.

Manu and Tony need to get back to God mode.
Bonner needs to get out of Dear God mode.
Green needs to stop his God, What's Happening? mode.
Tiago needs to snap out of his God I Have The Ball What Do I Do? mode.
Leonard and Neal need to forget trying to get to God mode.
Crazy Jack needs to get OKC thinking God, What Just Happened? mode.
And TD needs to kick ass.

superbigtime
06-01-2012, 11:49 AM
Man they stunk it up and Pop couldn't find his towel quick enough. Not sure what he was doing leaving Manu out there when it was clear Pop was moving on. Next.

Blake
06-01-2012, 11:50 AM
If you think Bonner is such a choker this year, why is this your first grade of D for him?

Everything else has been Cs and Bs.....

ElNono
06-01-2012, 11:55 AM
thanks for the writeup, LJ!

timvp
06-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Taking it pretty easy on Kawhi, Green and Boris IMHO.Without knowing your specific areas of disagreement, those three earned a slight break for not playing a large role in the collapse. Plus they didn't exactly have a ton of opportunities to attempt to make a difference.

If you think Bonner is such a choker this year, why is this your first grade of D for him?

Everything else has been Cs and Bs.....I knew he was a playoff choker coming into the playoffs. Low expectations, tbh.

You still claiming small sample size or you have moved on to another Bonner excuse?

Cant_Be_Faded
06-01-2012, 12:05 PM
Didn't the lakers switch pick and rolls, along with packing the paint in their numerous playoff best downs of the spurs?

Pop's seen these tactics before.
It's why I said prior to the series our guards' jump shots need to be on for us to win.

naico
06-01-2012, 12:05 PM
Kawhi Leonard B-
On the defensive end, I wasn't displeased with Kawhi Leonard. Even though the Thunder won, it wasn't due to a Kevin Durant explosion. In fact, a lot of Durant's damage came in the open court off of turnovers and long rebounds. Leonard was also really good on the boards in addition to being one of the few Spurs who was willing to throw his body around in the paint. Offensively, though, things didn't go nearly as swimmingly. Leonard was rushing when he got the ball. He needs to settle back into his role and take what the defense gives him. Leonard was benched for good after taking a contested step-back three-pointer with 8:04 remaining in the third quarter. I don't think we've seen that shot from Leonard all season.

Tbh the defense wasn't going to give him anything. Mostly because our offense was so stagnant and there was barely any ball movement. Even cuts were hardly gonna be effective tonight. Our playmakers just did a very poor job. I would agree it's no good forcing the issue, but at least he was willing to try and make something happen. Like you said, he was probably one of the few, if not only spur who seemed willing to put up a fight.

DrSteffo
06-01-2012, 12:08 PM
I didn't remember those grades existed but you are right. However I don't agree it's Splitters fault if the refs decide to give him phantom fouls. He had Fish on him and did what he was supposed to do and got a BS call. Splitter is better than Blair. I hope people remember that. That said Blair is better than Bonner.

dylankerouac
06-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the grades. Twas a tough game to watch but hopefully the Spurs come rumbling back. I hope our bench shows up for the next game.

Fabbs
06-01-2012, 12:12 PM
Matt Bonner D-
Ugh. Is Matt Bonner capable of thriving at this level of competition? I just don't see it. Defensively, he lacked in physicality and swiftness. To make matters worse, he made a few mental mistakes in rotations. While he rebounded at an halfway acceptable clip, his boxing out was poor. Offensively, not only was he missing shots, he was passing up open looks to dribble the ball into the middle. Against the Thunder's length and activity, that's suicide for Bonner. Since the first game of the playoffs, Bonner is shooting 26.9% from the field and 26.3% on three-pointers. As much as I want to find a rational explanation for his lack of marksmanship, the reality that Bonner is a playoff choker is just becoming impossible to overlook.
You can do it!
I mean you did it.

Lets hope the rest (of the real team) just had a group brain fart game.

Fabbs
06-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Didn't the lakers switch pick and rolls, along with packing the paint in their numerous playoff best downs of the spurs?

Pop's seen these tactics before.
It's why I said prior to the series our guards' jump shots need to be on for us to win.
Correct you are senor.
2004 when up 2-0 on the Lamers to be exact.
CIA Poop failed to adjust the rest of the way. :depressed

Let's get back to the 20 win strategies.

silverblk mystix
06-01-2012, 12:16 PM

Everything else has been Cs and Bs.....

:lmao

I bet you would have also allowed Bonner to slam your girl while you watched.

Fuckin' amazing.

coyotes_geek
06-01-2012, 12:23 PM
Without knowing your specific areas of disagreement, those three earned a slight break for not playing a large role in the collapse. Plus they didn't exactly have a ton of opportunities to attempt to make a difference.

I think it's fair to expect more production out of Boris Diaw than Splitter and Bonner, so I don't really agree with Diaw's 1-3-2 getting him a C- while Splitter and Bonner get D & D- for their 1-2-1 & 0-4-1.

I agree that Leonard was good on the boards, but beyond that I thought he fluttered between being invisible and being lost. I thought Durant's non-explosion was more a result of him defering to teammates than what Leonard was doing to him defensively. Generally, to me a B- grade means you're saying to yourself "he had a pretty good game". I just can't say that about Leonard's performance last night.

Green's grade I have the least problem with, but a C for 21 minutes with a whopping 3 points just seems a bit much IMO.

Still a good write up which I appreciate as always. I'm just nitpicking a bit.

timvp
06-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Didn't the lakers switch pick and rolls, along with packing the paint in their numerous playoff best downs of the spurs?The Lakers packed the paint but they didn't switch pick-and-rolls. You can't switch pick-and-rolls when you have Shaq on your team, tbh.

However I don't agree it's Splitters faultI can't absolve Splitter. When you see the other team is switching pick-and-rolls and you'll end up with a midget on your back, any bigman worth their salt would position themselves right under the basket and go straight up into a shot.

Even getting to the point of being forced to use a post move against Fisher was a failure, tbh.

Splitter is better than BlairTrue. Going away from Splitter after one bad game would be crazy.

Let's get back to the 20 win strategies:lol

The strategies were the same last night. The execution, especially in terms of reacting to the Thunder's adjustments, was simply severely lacking.

Blake
06-01-2012, 12:31 PM
I knew he was a playoff choker coming into the playoffs. Low expectations, tbh.

You still claiming small sample size or you have moved on to another Bonner excuse?

I've claimed that his ” choking” in the past has been overblown.

I think I've asked you this three times now: Has Bonner been a choker this year?

Cant_Be_Faded
06-01-2012, 12:35 PM
Parker seemed to not be worried about Thabo on him during the press conference.

He said the thunder had done that a lot in the past two years and he will adjust.

Also he interrupted a reporter asking about switching picks and said they mostly did that to manu. That they mostly trapped him off pick and rolls. And he said he would adjust.

Confidence?
Good acting?

Hope Parker figures it out

timvp
06-01-2012, 12:37 PM
I've claimed that his ” choking” in the past has been overblown.His past playoff choking is pretty damn obvious. Not sure how it can be overblown.

I think I've asked you this three times now: Has Bonner been a choker this year?In the playoffs? Obviously, yes. But he was a known choker already to anyone paying attention. Shouldn't be surprising when he misses (or doesn't shoot) a wide open three-pointer in pressure situations.

MmP
06-01-2012, 12:50 PM
I didn't see many in-game adjustments by Pop.
This, to me, was the key for that game. Players didn't seemed unprepared but unmotivated. They might be too overconfident? We still have to make 2 more. But i gotta agree that I don't see Thunder winning this game but actually Spurs losing it because of lacking motivation and will. And that is something the thunder might not be seeing, neither the announcer of tnt. I hope im not being too homer.

Das Texan
06-01-2012, 01:05 PM
I'd love to see Pop just throw Bonner on the end of the bench at least for this fucking series and play Blair who he just seems to destroy and make them call him daddy.

Bonner looks like a retarded moron out there in this series in all phases. If he cant make a fucking shot, he is of absolute zero use. If i see him do that stupid dribble drive and fuck up again in this series I might be driven insane.

As the #5 big, Bonner is fine. As the #3 big, Bonner is useless.

Blake
06-01-2012, 01:07 PM
CIA Poop failed to adjust the rest of the way. :depressed

Let's get back to the 20 win strategies.

rofl assuming Pop had a different strategy

TJastal
06-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Getting old watching Bonner stand around in the paint like a stiff watching the action while Collison works on his volleyball skills above the rim. Also getting old watching Pop pretend this isn't happening. I'm not sure if Blair would do better but it seems after being a starter for the better part of two years he should have at least gotten more of a look (especially in this series where Blair has been successfull against the thunder).

Pop has always been reeeeeeeaaaaaaalllllyyy sssssllllloooooowwwwww to make adjustments when they're needed unfortunately. Would be nice to see a Splitter-Blair 2nd unit frontcourt in like the next game, Pop.

Fabbs
06-01-2012, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by PPopper Blake

I've claimed that his ” choking” in the past has been overblown.

His past playoff choking is pretty damn obvious. Not sure how it can be overblown.

In the playoffs? Obviously, yes. But he was a known choker already to anyone paying attention. Shouldn't be surprising when he misses (or doesn't shoot) a wide open three-pointer in pressure situations.
timvp as far back as 2010 or so correctly i.d.'d Bonner as official playoff choker.
timvp waited until the sample size was large enough and utilized stats.
It's only grown since then.

Blake
06-01-2012, 01:20 PM

Fuckin' amazing.

Those are Timvp's playoff grades, not mine.

Your butthurt has muddled your reading ability.

Par for the course, per the usual.

wildbill2u
Someone on the Spurs staff fucked up when they told Bonner he had to improve his game by developing a dribble/drive move option.

Any time he dribbles the ball more than once Pop should remove him from the game.

spurs10
It was a hard game to watch. It did seem like Pop, Tim, and everyone else was going away from the things that got them here. When the game got away from us in the 2nd quarter, Pop just kept with the Bonner, Splitter, Neil lineup for too long. A loss was bound to happen eventually I guess, but we looked disengaged. I don't believe Thabo is capable of stopping TP for the rest of the series and Tiago will continue to not shoot over people half his size. Perhaps Pop needed this film to coach them appropriately for game 4. They made their adjustments and now we need to make ours. We certainly didn't during the game. More importantly, as you said, is to match their desperation. Game 4 should be a scorcher! Thanks for the grades and observations man!

silverblk mystix
06-01-2012, 01:25 PM
Those are Timvp's playoff grades, not mine.

Your butthurt has muddled your reading ability.

Par for the course, per the usual.

Still defending Pop's use of Bonner.

Amazing. :lmao

Where a reasonable person would see something is happening (Bonner choking) Blake refuses to see or admit.

Where a reasonable man would realize his girl was getting slammed on the side after finding her sexting another guy...Blake just denied it and rationalized he was "staying" for his kid. Par for the course. :lmao

DAF86
06-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Sorry but Pop deserves a lower grade, he freaked out, changed things too much and didn't allow for his usual rotation to figure things out.

What's the explination behind going with Manu on Durant and Tony on Sefolosha for so long?
Why did he have a small-ball line-up with Ibaka and Perkins out there for the Thunder?
Why go with Anderson instead of showing a little more confidence on the guys that got you here?
Why wait 8 minutes and beign 20 pts down to get one of your stars back in the game in the 3rd? Specially when Bonner (who sucked mightly in the first half) was already there 2 minutes earlier.

Blake
06-01-2012, 01:30 PM
His past playoff choking is pretty damn obvious. Not sure how it can be overblown.

I didn't say you specifically have overblown his choking.

I do think it's a favorite pastime for Spur fan to blame Bonner for losses and still beat on him after a win. Considering his skill set, the hate and blame gets overblown many times.

In the playoffs? Obviously, yes. But he was a known choker already to anyone paying attention. Shouldn't be surprising when he misses (or doesn't shoot) a wide open three-pointer in pressure situations.

He has sucked from 3 point range this playoff season, yet you've given him numerous B grades.

He had the third most minutes played last night. Does he deserve that kind of floor time or not? Your B and C grades so far would suggest he does.

Blake
06-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Still defending Pop's use of Bonner.

Amazing. :lmao

Where exactly have I done that? It hasn't been in this thread.

Where a reasonable person would see something is happening (Bonner choking) Blake refuses to see or admit.

Where a reasonable man would realize his girl was getting slammed on the side after finding her sexting another guy...Blake just denied it and rationalized he was "staying" for his kid. Par for the course. :lmao

why are you lying about my personal life?

Is it because you are getting slammed in another thread?

I think it is. You're an idiot, lol.

silverblk mystix
06-01-2012, 01:40 PM
Where exactly have I done that? It hasn't been in this thread.

why are you lying about my personal life?

Is it because you are getting slammed in another thread?

I think it is. You're an idiot, lol.

bammm struck that nerve again...I am so glad you are my friend or I might feel bad about this...:lmao

SnakeBoy
06-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Sorry but Pop deserves a lower grade, he freaked out, changed things too much and didn't allow for his usual rotation to figure things out.

What's the explination behind going with Manu on Durant and Tony on Sefolosha for so long?
Why did he have a small-ball line-up with Ibaka and Perkins out there for the Thunder?
Why go with Anderson instead of showing a little more confidence on the guys that got you here?
Why wait 8 minutes and beign 20 pts down to get one of your stars back in the game in the 3rd? Specially when Bonner (who sucked mightly in the first half) was already there 2 minutes earlier.

Please, Pop didn't freak out at all. The team came out with no energy and no "appropriate fear" so Pop sent them the message. When he first stuck with Bonner I thought maybe Pop is going to tank the game to send a message. When he continued to stick with Bonner after he passed an open 3, drove and tried a goofy spin move hook resulting in the ball bouncing off the side of the back board I thought yep pretty sure he's going to tank the game. The second Anderson set foot on the court I turned off the game instead of wasting my time.

timvp
06-01-2012, 01:57 PM
He has sucked from 3 point range this playoff season, yet you've given him numerous B grades. We've already covered this. I knew Bonner was a playoff choker coming into the playoffs so even when Bonner chokes, he's still living up to his expectations.

Again: The grades are based on expectations. Bonner choking is expected.

He had the third most minutes played last night. Does he deserve that kind of floor time or not?Unless one values choking, I don't think it's deserved. In theory, last night's game needed floor spacing. Bonner in the regular season provides that. In the playoffs? Not nearly as much ... especially once teams figure out he's scared.

Your B and C grades so far would suggest he does.The B and C grades suggest Bonner as a given choker has played about as well as expected.

DAF86
06-01-2012, 02:05 PM
Please, Pop didn't freak out at all. The team came out with no energy and no "appropriate fear" so Pop sent them the message. When he first stuck with Bonner I thought maybe Pop is going to tank the game to send a message. When he continued to stick with Bonner after he passed an open 3, drove and tried a goofy spin move hook resulting in the ball bouncing off the side of the back board I thought yep pretty sure he's going to tank the game. The second Anderson set foot on the court I turned off the game instead of wasting my time.

If he tanked like you're suggesting then he deserves the lower grade possible.

benstanfield
06-01-2012, 02:08 PM
Tim deserves an F- honestly. 2 rebounds in 26 minutes is just a pathetic effort.

The Reckoning
06-01-2012, 02:15 PM
lol timvp grading meltdown

Blake
06-01-2012, 02:19 PM
The B and C grades suggest Bonner as a given choker has played about as well as expected.

With you having Bonner going 4 for 10 from B to start the playoffs, I just wanted to make sure this strange grading system was what it appeared to be.

Thanks for clarifying.

benstanfield
06-01-2012, 02:19 PM
I never thought I would want more of the Hamburgler, but if they're gonna switch every pick and roll he seems like the bench guy whose most capable of skullfucking Fisher and Harden down low. Watching Bonner is getting awkward at this point, he's just taking a shit and smearing it all over himself and that's what we're calling a "stretch 4."

timvp
06-01-2012, 02:22 PM
I just wanted to make sure this strange grading system was what it appeared to be.

Thanks for clarifying.

No problem. After explaining it for the 20th time to you, perhaps it'll sink in this time.

TJastal
Blake has taken cucking to a whole new level in this thread. Impressive work, Blake. :tu

Keepin' it real
Watching Bonner is getting awkward at this point

Getting awkward??? Exactly which Matt Bonner have you been watching these past few years? The boy's been Frankenstein in high tops since he got here.

Blake
06-01-2012, 02:30 PM
No problem. After explaining it for the 20th time to you, perhaps it'll sink in this time.

Tbh, this is the first time you've explained to me how Bonner is choking yet still has had 4 above average games, 6 average games in the first ten.

Next time I see you give him a B grade, I'll remember that he got that grade while playing with his hands around his neck.

Thanks again for the clarification.

Blake
06-01-2012, 02:33 PM
Blake has taken cucking to a whole new level in this thread. Impressive work, Blake. :tu

TJastal is unaware of his surroundings and is blindly following other forum losers.

:nerd

Bulwark
06-01-2012, 02:44 PM

The bolded line was especially distressing for me. I started to have 2006 flash backs.

On a different note, Bonner played 11 minutes in game 1, 17 in game 2, and 23 last night. Last night it seemed he was on the floor for more critical stretches than the previous two games.

Fabbs
06-01-2012, 02:46 PM
The bolded line was especially distressing for me. I started to have 2006 flash backs.

On a different note, Bonner played 11 minutes in game 1, 17 in game 2, and 23 last night. Last night it seemed he was on the floor for more critical stretches than the previous two games.
:lol
11 win
17 win
23 loss

Yeah when he is the 1st big off the bench, as he has been it's 2006-2011 Loserville scary.

TJastal
06-01-2012, 02:47 PM

Disturbing trend. Should be heading just the opposite way.

silverblk mystix
06-01-2012, 02:57 PM

Never knew there were "levels" of Cucking....that's pretty sad.

SnakeBoy
06-01-2012, 03:12 PM
If he tanked like you're suggesting then he deserves the lower grade possible.

Actually I'd give him a higher grade for knowing his team. This was a setup for a loss if the players didn't come out and match intensity. They didn't, Pop knew it and called the game as he's done many times before with good results the following game. A lesser coach would have wasted the starters energy on a lost cause. I don't see how anyone familiar with the Spurs can not see what he was doing. You really think Pop thought Anderson was going to spark some kind of comeback?

TJastal
06-01-2012, 03:21 PM

Never knew there were "levels" of Cucking....that's pretty sad.

Cumdumperster is a "cuck in training", he's got a lot to learn yet to reach Blake's levels.

silverblk mystix
06-01-2012, 03:25 PM
Cumdumperster is a "cuck in training", he's got a lot to learn yet to reach Blake's levels.

Well, I'd have to defend Cummmdumpster here. He would actually join in after the second round of his girl getting rammed.

He wouldn't just watch.

ChumpDumper
06-01-2012, 03:34 PM
You guys are really, really interested in the sex lives of men here.

silverblk mystix
06-01-2012, 03:36 PM
You guys are really, really interested in the sex lives of men here.

Notice how he didn't actually deny anything?

I knew you weren't on Blake's level yet. You are welcome Cummdumpster.

So glad we are friends.

ChumpDumper
06-01-2012, 03:39 PM

So glad we are friends.Notice how you didn't deny you are totally into the sex lives of men here.

silverblk mystix
06-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Notice how you didn't deny you are totally into the sex lives of men here.

lol still not denying

TJastal
06-01-2012, 03:42 PM

So glad we are friends.

:lmao :rollin :lmao :rollin

ChumpDumper
06-01-2012, 03:44 PM
lol still not denyingRight, you aren't denying it at all.

silverblk mystix
06-01-2012, 03:49 PM
lol TWO popsucking cucks!

Who knew?

ChumpDumper
06-01-2012, 03:53 PM
Why would any man choose to satisfy your sexual needs on this message board?

silverblk mystix
06-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Why would any man choose to satisfy your sexual needs on this message board?

Excellent question-tell us why Cummdumpster?

TJastal
06-01-2012, 03:57 PM
It's kind of cute the way Blake has taken his new cuck in training under his wing like a proud parent bird regurgitating it's last meal back into it's chick's mouth.. except in this case it's something a little saltier.

silverblk mystix
06-01-2012, 04:01 PM
It's kind of cute the way Blake has taken his new cuck in training under his wing like a proud parent bird regurgitating it's last meal back into it's chick's mouth.. except in this case it's something a little saltier.

Well, they aren't called POPPERS for nothing, are they?

Blake
06-01-2012, 04:03 PM

You're strange

Blake
06-01-2012, 04:05 PM
Very inaccurate.

A human being has a purpose in life alright. Here it is: To live.

Simple.

So what if you reproduce and your offspring die before you? Are you a failure at life? No. You still lived a life.
If you never had kids...you still lived a life. A human being isn't responsible for the species to continue.

And who gives a shit about any of that garbage anyway if you are living your life moment to moment? If you truly experience and taste every possible moment of your life-that is human living.

If one ever gets near to this... nothing else will ever matter.

Only people who don't understand this simple thing worry about who created this?...does god exist?...is there life after death?....on and on...

Only people who have never died to the self worry about life after death....only dead people are worried about death. People who are truly alive and living fully moment to moment understand what love is...what truth is...what peace is...

Sleeping scientists worry about proving and disproving theories....

The truly enlightened are too busy enjoying the only life they have to care about the rest of this garbage....

do you believe you are truly enlightened?

benstanfield
06-01-2012, 04:07 PM
"Nobody gives a fuck take this shit somewhere else god damn."
-Non-InternetWarriorz

TJastal
06-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Well, they aren't called POPPERS for nothing, are they?

The next Popper meeting will feature special cupcakes from Cumdumpsterr, of course with the "secret ingredient" that's sure to be a hit!

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/6787/cupcakepoppers.jpg

therealtruth
06-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Where's the Bonner that destroyed the Thunder last season?

Paranoid Pop
06-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Actually I'd give him a higher grade for knowing his team. This was a setup for a loss if the players didn't come out and match intensity. They didn't, Pop knew it and called the game as he's done many times before with good results the following game.

Pretty sure we had a 2 game losing streak the last time he did that because we lost the following game.

A lesser coach would have wasted the starters energy on a lost cause. I don't see how anyone familiar with the Spurs can not see what he was doing. You really think Pop thought Anderson was going to spark some kind of comeback?

A great coach would have also tanked vs the Clips then? You don't tank playoff games.

Let's be honest the big boys line is the cheesiest shit I've heard in a while, they would even put it in straight to dvd movies, that's how bad it was. The nasty thing wasn't that much better, felt like he rehearsed it in his head for a while, sounded like a pretty lame way to say put your head outta your ass and play harder.

I feel like Pop is easily the most overated piece of this team. He has an awesome awesome staff working for him behind the scenes, the most coach-ables stars in the league, some of the best role players and he still manages to mess it up from time to time. Like someone said, he didn't really give the team any chance with his wacky rotation. Also feels like he has no vision, the three points lineup with TP, Manu and Diaw doesn't need to be coached tbh, they gave us some passing porn in game 2 because they were just made to play together, they're just awesome like that. Meanwhile Pop can't get enough of four down... He's no Guardiola that's for sure, he's more of an underachieving Mourinho.

Also Tim is as bad in this series as he was brilliant in the Clips series. He's hurting consistenly instead of helping and he's one of the main reason anyone picked us over the Thunder, so much for the inside scoring threat...

silverblk mystix
06-01-2012, 04:23 PM
The next Popper meeting will feature special cupcakes from Cumdumpsterr, of course with the "secret ingredient" that's sure to be a hit!

yummmmy!!!!!

silverblk mystix
06-01-2012, 04:24 PM
do you believe you are truly enlightened?

Who gives a shit?

What does it matter?

ChumpDumper
06-01-2012, 04:24 PM
Excellent question-tell us why Cummdumpster?That was the question for you.

I certainly chose not to. I don't know why you keep asking me about my sex life.

mercos
06-01-2012, 04:25 PM
A couple of numbers jumped out that made me believe the loss had way more to do with the Spurs effort than it did with anything OKC did.

Team FG%: 39.5%
Turnovers: 21
Tim Duncan Rebounding Total: 2
OKC Assists vs SAS Assists: 23-18

The Spurs missed a lot of early wide open shots. They also had a lot of turnovers that were the result of lazy passing. Both of these led to fast break points for the Thunder and got them rolling. Tony Parker is known to have lapses like this, and his play last night reminded me of the first Laker game this year where he disappeared under the tiniest pressure and everyone was questioning his heart. Hopefully he responds similarly to how he did against the Lakers.

Duncan's numbers are a little more concerning. He has played rather poorly this series. Perkins is one of the best post defenders in the league, and that is clearly showing now. The Spurs can survive if Duncan doesn't score a lot of points, but they need him to get rebounds. Fortunately, his defense has remained top notch.

The assist total was a big letdown after the Greatest Show on Hardwood that was games 1 and 2. The Spurs did not respond well to the change in strategy OKC employed on their pick and roll defense. This is a veteran team that should have had at least some form of an answer. OKC did not reinvent the wheel with their defense in game 3, the Spurs just did not adjust to it.

The team was due for a loss after 20 straight wins. Winning that much is bound to leave one lackadaisical at some point. They survived a similar event against the Clippers in round 2, but OKC was just to good to overcome. Effort is what the team needs to improve upon more than anything for game 4.

Blake
06-01-2012, 04:44 PM
Who gives a shit?

What does it matter?

just curious as to how someone so enlightened could be so easily butthurt.

I didn't really think you were enlightened. Thanks for confirming you're just a silly idiot.

SA210
06-01-2012, 04:48 PM
:lmao Pop suckers butthurt about Pop's and Bonners grade and being proven wrong on Bonner by timvp..

:rollin

SA210
06-01-2012, 04:51 PM

The butthurt is hilarious, Timvp owning the Bonner CHOKER lovers.

But unfortunately it' not good for our team that Bonner sucks so much and has NO BALLS in the playoffs, I really wish the CHOKER could hit a few shots wtf. I'm hoping he comes around, tbh. Even a broken clock strikes...ahh fuck it.

SnakeBoy
06-01-2012, 04:57 PM
A great coach would have also tanked vs the Clips then? You don't tank playoff games.

By tanking I don't mean losing a game you clearly have a shot to win. It means giving up on a game you're clearly not going to win. In the clippers game the spurs had a terrible 1st qtr and then started getting their shit together. Last night the spurs started terrible and kept getting worse against a much better team than the clippers. Pop did the right thing, deserves a better grade for doing it.

TD 21
06-01-2012, 05:12 PM
Anyone who doubted the Thunder were anything less than a legitimate championship contender experienced a rude wake-up call.

I realized well before it became common knowledge this season that the four best teams in the league were the Spurs, Heat, Bulls and Thunder. But I also realized that, while the Thunder merited mention with the other three regular season wise, that they're not yet ready to win a championship.

If the situations were reversed and the Spurs snapped the Thunder's 20 game winning streak at home in game three, down 0-2, behind 19 points from a guy who rarely scores in double digits, people would say "Well, what did you expect? They weren't going to get swept, they have too much pride for that and the Thunder were due to lose. But it's not like the Spurs can count on 19 points from Bonner again. Their coaching staff will make a few adjustments and they'll be fine."

Tim Duncan D
With the typical plays on offense being engulfed by the long-armed athletes on OKC, Tim Duncan tried to carry the team on his shoulders. In retrospect, it was a mistake. These days, Duncan can't win playoff games by scoring from the low block. That is especially true against a Thunder team that has solid post defenders and a bevy of capable double-teamers. Defensively, Duncan defended the rim well but the rest of his D was lacking. His individual defense wasn't as dominating as we've come to expect. His pick-and-roll defense, along with his transition defense, was a step slow. Rebounding was another area of weakness on this night. For the Spurs to win this series, Duncan will need to resume his role and avoid straying from what has worked. I give him credit for trying to come to the rescue but ultimately he just made things worse.Duncan's post game in this series is downright perplexing. I touched on it a few days ago, but it bears repeating. He's reverting to the same two shots he's often relied on the past few seasons, the same two shots that have been noticeably absent during his resurgence the past four months. It's either a sign of his knee beginning to bother him again, fatigue or both.

Either way, he's got to be smarter. Perkins lacks lateral quickness to begin with and that fact is only exacerbated by him nursing an injured hip. Yet I'm not sure I've seen Duncan catch-turn-face and take him off the dribble once. It's inexplicable. No bank shots, no running hooks and very little in the way of pivots, fakes or spins. Just constant going-nowhere-pounding and forcing up weak, low percentage shots.

Danny Green C
Danny Green's struggles are one of the most distressing aspects of this series thus far. Game 3 just added to that. While he didn't overtly struggle as much as he did in Game 1 and the fourth quarter of Game 2, Green clearly wasn't playing with his normal level of confidence. Offensively, he's not amounting to anything more than a one-dimensional three-point shooter. And considering he's 3-for-15 on threes this series, that's not good -- to say the least. Defensively, while Green did a good job of challenging Russell Westbrook's shots, he also gave him way too many driving lanes. Westbrook more than made up for his poor shooting night by penetrating and finding wide open players on the perimeter. If Green is going to continue defending Westbrook, he needs to better stay in front of him. I knew Green was due to cool off shooting-wise, but has he been inflicted with a case of Bonner-itis? All of a sudden, he looks afraid of the moment. That shot-out-of-a-cannon energy is gone. He needs a stern talking to about how his effectiveness shouldn't be determined by his three-point shooting. They need him to snap out of it and fast.

Matt Bonner D-
Ugh. Is Matt Bonner capable of thriving at this level of competition? I just don't see it. Defensively, he lacked in physicality and swiftness. To make matters worse, he made a few mental mistakes in rotations. While he rebounded at an halfway acceptable clip, his boxing out was poor. Offensively, not only was he missing shots, he was passing up open looks to dribble the ball into the middle. Against the Thunder's length and activity, that's suicide for Bonner. Since the first game of the playoffs, Bonner is shooting 26.9% from the field and 26.3% on three-pointers. As much as I want to find a rational explanation for his lack of marksmanship, the reality that Bonner is a playoff choker is just becoming impossible to overlook. I've had it with Bonner. I've been as patient with him as anyone, but it's beyond obvious he shouldn't be in the rotation going forward. They don't need him in this match-up and they won't in the Finals, either. The Thunder's and Heat's primary backup PF's are really SF's. Bonner needed to hit over 40% of his 3's to justify his playing time. And as you've pointed out, he's barely hitting over a quarter of them. That's not nearly good enough and it should spell the end of him playing a meaningful second.

Tiago Splitter D
One of the most effective adjustments the Thunder made was to switch on picks set by Tiago Splitter. The reason it was so effective was because Splitter failed to score when defended against much smaller players. As I'm sure Pop will hammer into his brain over the next 24 hours, Splitter has to bury smaller players under the basket and then go straight into his shot. Catching the ball and relying on post moves to score on players much smaller than him is a losing proposition. Let's hope Splitter can make the adjustment because he's a vital part of this team. If the Thunder effectively negate his effectiveness for the duration of the series, the Spurs are in seriously trouble. Defensively, Splitter was also quiet. He was usually a step slow when it came to protecting the rim and he didn't always use his length to his advantage.He really needs to man up. His defense has been soft in the playoffs, his rebounding pathetic, as well as his free throw shooting and his post game has been nonexistent.

DeJuan Blair Inc.
DeJuan Blair played the final ten minutes of the game and continued his habit of destroying the Thunder. For whatever reasons, he just always plays well against Oklahoma City. Obviously, there wasn't much on the line during garbage time but Blair's production might be difficult for Pop to totally ignore. (And I don't know if it's an optical illusion due to his haircut but I thought Blair looked noticeably skinnier than the last time we saw him play.)It was obvious early that he needed to be given a look before this game got out of hand. Why he wasn't, I have no idea. If the same thing repeats itself in game four, he needs to be in much earlier. I know they don't want to pair him with Splitter and they don't want to start him either. But it's not rocket science. Bring him in for Diaw at roughly the 7:00 minute mark. Then he can be paired with Duncan for a good 4-5 minutes and play against their big lineup mostly.

silverblk mystix
06-01-2012, 05:13 PM
just curious as to how someone so enlightened could be so easily butthurt.

I didn't really think you were enlightened. Thanks for confirming you're just a silly idiot.

Blake, you took the time to find one of my posts regarding Spirituality. Now go back and re-read it. If you can find just one word in that post that is untrue or innaccurate-then do it. You won't. Every word there is measured.

When the Sage points to the moon--all the idiot sees is the finger pointing. Don't be that idiot Blake. Re-read it and it will give you the answer and it will have nothing to do with whether the messenger is enlightened or not. It is the message-not the messenger.

I would not have the slightest idea if I were or not enlightened. No-one would. They would be too busy living moment to moment.

Thanks buddy.

Watch out with that Cummdumpster guy though, he seems pretty butthurt all the time ... and well...kinda gay too.

EVAY
06-01-2012, 05:30 PM
I was extremely tired last night when I watched the game, and since I am not home I couldn't watch a replay today. So maybe I missed some things that I shouldn't have missed, but it seemed to me that the entire team didn't care enough to play better than they did.

Having said that, when I noticed the slow, cautious pace at the beginning of the game I figured it was a deliberate attempt to counter the frenetic pace that the Thunder came out with, and it worked early on when we came back to tie the score.

After that, our motion offense simply stopped. There was no motion. Tim would get the ball from Tony and immediately look around and then go into his 4-down mode which frankly killed us. If he is not making his post shots (and he clearly couldn't last night against a very energized Perkins) he needs to keep the ball moving or move out to the elbow.

In this situation, Timvp, it seems to me that we just forget grades, because everyone is ticked off and no one except Stephen Jackson scored well. You noted that Duncan seemed to play pretty good defense, but since he only got 2 rebounds during the entire game, I would have to disagree with some of that.

Manu shot only 20% from the field and had 4 turnovers.

Tony shot 50% from the filed and only had one more turnover than Manu did and Steven Jackson did. Five turnovers is too many for him, but at least he contributed in other areas.

You pointed out that Sefalosha had a career high point total, using that to criticize Tony's defensive effort, but it took Sefalosha something like 14 shots to get those 19 points. In fact, Sefalosha's point percentage was about the same as Duncan's IIRC, and you credit the Thunder defense with having done a good job on Duncan, so I'm unsure what logic is being used there. Moreover, I would suggest that Sefalosha's point production had more to do with Westbrook having taken the suggestions of the entire Western world and actually giving up the ball to his teammates occasionally for some of Sefalosha's point production. The fact that Westbrook shot only 30% was about what he has been shooting in these playoffs, so it was not as though he went into poor shooting mode only when Parker was no longer on him.

I'm glad that Duncan reached the record books with his blocks.

Next game I hope he has more rebounds and moves the ball better.

Let's all hope that next game is better for everyone, but lots of us figured last night would be the most likely loss night for the Spurs, and it was.

Time to move on.

Blake
06-01-2012, 05:41 PM
I would not have the slightest idea if I were or not enlightened. No-one would. They would be too busy living moment to moment.

how did you come up with this formula to enlightenment?

DPG21920
06-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Blake losing imo

ploto
06-01-2012, 06:04 PM
Matt Bonner D-

Bonner wouldn't even shoot during garbage time!

silverblk mystix
06-01-2012, 07:24 PM
how did you come up with this formula to enlightenment?

The problem is precisely that-formulas.

No formula can ever give you a true representation of reality. Whenever anyone tries to "find" or "discover" enlightenment they are already lost.

mkurts
06-01-2012, 07:32 PM
1 loss after a 20 game win streak and suddenly everyone is crapping themselves in doubt. Wow a losing streak of ........... ONE!!! Quick call the advisors and analysts in we are having a mid-life crisis!!! ARRRGGGGHHHHH

In truth - the Spurs played badly, didn't move the ball and suffered from a lapse of concentration. Westbrook only shot 5/15 FGs but Thunder rode Thabo hard for a win to make it ........ 1-2!!

It is called an 'off night' as would be expected after 48 days of winning.

SA210
06-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Still :lmao

therealtruth
06-01-2012, 08:36 PM
1 loss after a 20 game win streak and suddenly everyone is crapping themselves in doubt. Wow a losing streak of ........... ONE!!! Quick call the advisors and analysts in we are having a mid-life crisis!!! ARRRGGGGHHHHH

In truth - the Spurs played badly, didn't move the ball and suffered from a lapse of concentration. Westbrook only shot 5/15 FGs but Thunder rode Thabo hard for a win to make it ........ 1-2!!

It is called an 'off night' as would be expected after 48 days of winning.

I agree there's no reason to panic yet. The Spurs reacted pretty well to their last loss by going on a 20 game tear. In the past few games it felt like they had been sleepwalking a little. The Spurs need to feel the sting of this loss and come out next game with something to prove.

Legacy
06-01-2012, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the write-up, timvp.

I have say that I believe, too, that Jax deserves a little bit more credit. Sure, maybe it was too late... but he continued to shoot those dagger 3's, never backed down, and he was screaming his head off at the rest of the team to get their shit together already. Jax just would not give up. No way, No how. :nope

Oh well... praying to God that another winning streak will begin tomorrow. ;)

Let us move on from this now!

... Onto Game 4 we go!!

:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

100%duncan
06-01-2012, 08:50 PM
Pop deserved a D-

Blake
06-01-2012, 11:20 PM
Blake losing imo

DPG90210 trying to troll, per the usual

Blake
06-01-2012, 11:25 PM
The problem is precisely that-formulas.

No formula can ever give you a true representation of reality. Whenever anyone tries to "find" or "discover" enlightenment they are already lost.

So you just made shit up. Again.

Slippy
06-01-2012, 11:39 PM
Did Pop even try to coach this game. Going into the third when the players came out flat again, their coach matched their intensity. Seriously, why not stop the bleeding. He looked more worried about a foul call that didn't go Tim's way rather than responding to Tim's lack of energy and results. The team was struggling to score, and OKC were finding ways to score from all angles

Knowing Manu, his competitive edge would of been saying "get me out there Pop". Into 5min mark , down by 18 is too late.

We need our game changer's out there as much as possible. Pop looked more intent on teaching a lesson and waving the white flag early. The bold adjustments and never give up attitude of the previous 2 series seemed to be yesterday's news.

Kinda of reminded me of that old driver on the road. Full of experience and skill , just slow to respond.

SA210
06-01-2012, 11:43 PM
Blake and Cum Dumpsters ultimate fantasy waiting for them when they get home together..

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7105/7302232602_b4e879c002_b.jpg

slick'81
06-01-2012, 11:54 PM
wow bonner is a huge waste of suck

silverblk mystix
06-02-2012, 12:49 AM
Blake and Cum Dumpsters ultimate fantasy waiting for them when they get home together..

silverblk mystix
06-02-2012, 01:03 AM
So you just made shit up. Again.

You don't seem to understand or are able to comprehend anything you read.

Formulas cannot adequately describe reality.

Any formula for enlightenment, for example, will only result in more confusion.
Look at religion;

Religion tries to give people a formula for getting near god/love/freedom and all the people do is grasp at some formula and concentrate on the worship, the sinning and judging and they never are able to understand anything about god/love/freedom.

Here's a little story example of what I'm referring to;

The Mystic was back from the desert. "Tell us," they said, "what God is like."
But how could he ever tell what he had experienced in his heart? Can God be put into words?

He finally gave them a formula-so innaccurate, so inadequate- in the hope that some of them might be tempted to experience it for themselves.

They seized upon the formula. They made it a sacred text. They imposed it on others as a holy belief. They went to great pains to spread it in foreign lands. Some even gave their lives for it.

The Mystic was sad. It might have been better if he had said nothing.

TJastal
06-02-2012, 01:37 AM

Blake: Matty, now don't forget it's my turn to take your big red rocket through the goalposts.. cumpdumpster got it last night! :madrun

SA210
06-02-2012, 02:21 AM

ChumpDumper
06-02-2012, 02:47 AM
You guys are still talking about the sex you hope other men are having?

lol

SA210
06-02-2012, 03:10 AM

Fuckin' amazing.

dumspter is the gf

ChumpDumper
06-02-2012, 03:15 AM
Wow, you've really spent some time on this.

jiggy_55
06-02-2012, 03:18 AM
DeJuan Blair Inc.
DeJuan Blair played the final ten minutes of the game and continued his habit of destroying the Thunder. For whatever reasons, he just always plays well against Oklahoma City. Obviously, there wasn't much on the line during garbage time but Blair's production might be difficult for Pop to totally ignore. (And I don't know if it's an optical illusion due to his haircut but I thought Blair looked noticeably skinnier than the last time we saw him play.)

:rollin I was thinking the same exact thing! Wasn't too sure whether he'd lost some weight or if his hair played a role in looking slimmer. On the TV, he definitely looked more fit.

SA210
06-02-2012, 03:29 AM

That's the doom the Spurs faced the past so may post-seasons. Not good to see these flashbacks from Pop.

TE
06-02-2012, 03:29 AM
We just really need to play better. That's all I gotta say tbh. No need to engage in any pointless argument. This team is smart enough to realize on their own that they can beat this Thunder team with the right poise, resolve and counter matchups. I'm sure they will and Pop will be ready to lead the team to a very close game 4 victory.

TDMVPDPOY
06-02-2012, 03:36 AM

where the brazzers ps?

SA210
06-02-2012, 03:40 AM
Matt Bonner D-

http://manyfor.com/lucky/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/funny-finger-suicide.jpg

TJastal
06-02-2012, 03:44 AM
dumspter is the gf

Blake likes the sloppy seconds, esp those nights Matty takes out double pastrami & swiss reubens with extra sauerkrat and horseradish.

ChumpDumper
06-02-2012, 05:30 AM
This loss has made you guys really excitable.

polandprzem
06-02-2012, 07:09 AM
This loss has made you guys really excitable.

Good you find entertainment

silverblk mystix
06-02-2012, 09:41 AM

Carnage&Mayhem
06-02-2012, 10:53 AM
Blair needs more play time, Bonner needs less. Not saying that Blair should stay in for 40 plus mins or even close, but he has a way of getting under the Thunder's skin and scoring points, currently Bonner's been pissin me off and Green needs to make some of his damn threes. Other than that i know the big 3 will bounce back and fuel the team, but we need Blair in the lineup and Green needs to make his shots if we want to really dominate this next game.

last game was so bad i threw up out of spite

silverblk mystix
06-02-2012, 11:00 AM
Blair needs more play time, Bonner needs less. Not saying that Blair should stay in for 40 plus mins or even close, but he has a way of getting under the Thunder's skin and scoring points, currently Bonner's been pissin me off and Green needs to make some of his damn threes. Other than that i know the big 3 will bounce back and fuel the team, but we need Blair in the lineup and Green needs to make his shots if we want to really dominate this next game.

last game was so bad i threw up out of spite

You should see a doctor and have it checked out.

Bonnerosis is no joke. Just look and Blake, Schtiik and Cummdumpster if you don't believe me.

rascal
06-02-2012, 11:24 AM
The spurs were bound for a letdown after taking care of business at home. OK City was in a must win situation and pumped up for their first home game in the series.

DMC
06-02-2012, 01:56 PM
Spurs were in it until Bonner came in. It went to shit after that. I knew it would. He's the most obviously intimidated player in the league. Others are intimidated, but you can read it on Bonner's face and see rigor mortis set in throughout the game, especially when he receives an inbounds pass and just stands there like a deer in headlights, freaked out.

However, Manu's problems have been largely related to improper spacing. No one is respecting Bonner, like Timvp said, and since he's clanked his attempts he's not even shooting outside most of the time. Manu doesn't do well with a stacked lane, and he's not the greatest shooter in the league though he is fair. He takes big risks though that end up being 2 points for the opponent. That's Euro ball though.

Blake
06-02-2012, 02:20 PM
You don't seem to understand or are able to comprehend anything you read.

Formulas cannot adequately describe reality.

Any formula for enlightenment, for example, will only result in more confusion.
Look at religion;

Religion tries to give people a formula for getting near god/love/freedom and all the people do is grasp at some formula and concentrate on the worship, the sinning and judging and they never are able to understand anything about god/love/freedom.

Here's a little story example of what I'm referring to;

The Mystic was back from the desert. "Tell us," they said, "what God is like."
But how could he ever tell what he had experienced in his heart? Can God be put into words?

He finally gave them a formula-so innaccurate, so inadequate- in the hope that some of them might be tempted to experience it for themselves.

They seized upon the formula. They made it a sacred text. They imposed it on others as a holy belief. They went to great pains to spread it in foreign lands. Some even gave their lives for it.

The Mystic was sad. It might have been better if he had said nothing.

More made up stuff.

Neat. :tu

Blake
06-02-2012, 02:22 PM
You should see a doctor and have it checked out.

Bonnerosis is no joke. Just look and Blake, Schtiik and Cummdumpster if you don't believe me.

Even more made up stuff.

Even neater. :tu :tu

Blake
06-02-2012, 02:23 PM
Blake likes the sloppy seconds, esp those nights Matty takes out double pastrami & swiss reubens with extra sauerkrat and horseradish.

Strange made up stuff.

Not so neat. :td

silverblk mystix
06-02-2012, 02:25 PM
More made up stuff.

Neat. :tu

A part of you knows these are true words. The other part of you won't allow you to be open to truth because of the messenger. I understand.

But these are self-evident truths and in your heart you can distinguish from truth and from falsehoods-provided that you get out of your own way.

Truth has always been in the heart but human beings aren't ready to unlearn all the garbage that society, culture, etc drill into them since childhood.

Don't stop looking or you will indeed stay blind.

Blake
06-02-2012, 02:28 PM
A part of you knows these are true words. The other part of you won't allow you to be open to truth because of the messenger. I understand.

But these are self-evident truths and in your heart you can distinguish from truth and from falsehoods-provided that you get out of your own way.

Truth has always been in the heart but human beings aren't ready to unlearn all the garbage that society, culture, etc drill into them since childhood.

Don't stop looking or you will indeed stay blind.

The neatness continues....

silverblk mystix
06-02-2012, 03:01 PM
The neatness continues....

Just let me know how much truth you can handle and I can unlock (not-so) secrets of the universe for you.

You decide.

George W Bush
06-02-2012, 04:41 PM
I say me and chumpdumper have had many relations down at my ranch in Crawford, Texas.

He sometime brings his butt buddy Blake sometimes to which my daddy always said, "Hey Dubya, Who's that guy with the Matt Bonner tattoos all over his body and why are all three of yous lying in the hay like that together?"

I says to my daddy, "Blake and chumpdumper asked me "You want some wood?"

Long story short, now when the ol' chumpy and his butt boy are butt hurt I extend my middle finger like so in my signature and they just sit on it for a while till they feel better.

Hey, anything to help my team... hehehe

I'm George W Bush and I approve this message.

:tu <-----don't get any ideas with my thumb chumpy

George W Bush
06-02-2012, 04:43 PM
I understand why Blake wants to hang himself over Bonners grade, hell in my day, even I scored better than a D-.

silverblk mystix
06-02-2012, 04:50 PM
I say me and chumpdumper have had many relations down at my ranch in Crawford, Texas.

He sometime brings his butt buddy Blake sometimes to which my daddy always said, "Hey Dubya, Who's that guy with the Matt Bonner tattoos all over his body and why are all three of yous lying in the hay like that together?"

Long story short, now when the ol' chumpy and his butt boy are butt hurt I extend my middle finger like so in my signature and they just sit on it for a while till they feel better.

:lmao:lmao

I just knew there was sumthin' funny `bout those two.

Legacy
06-02-2012, 04:58 PM

:lmao Neat-O.

ChumpDumper
06-02-2012, 05:27 PM
I guess he's going to post that in every forum and silverblack mystix will laugh in every one like it's the first time he saw it.

I didn't know just how gay for me these guys were.

George W Bush
06-02-2012, 05:30 PM
I guess he's going to post that in every forum and silverblack mystix will laugh in every one like it's the first time he saw it.

I didn't know just how gay for me these guys were.

I don't appreciate your version of water-boarding chumpy. What you did to Blakes face I wouldn't even do to Al Queda.

silverblk mystix
06-02-2012, 05:36 PM
I don't appreciate your version of water-boarding chumpy. What you did to Blakes face I wouldn't even do to Al Queda.

GW owning Cummdumpster.

ChumpDumper
06-02-2012, 05:41 PM

I didn't know just how gay for me these guys were.Bingo.

George W Bush
06-02-2012, 05:42 PM
Bingo.

Hey that's what you said to Blake the other night

ChumpDumper
06-02-2012, 05:43 PM
Hey that's what you said to Blake the other nightNow post that in the club.

I bet mystix will laugh.

George W Bush
06-02-2012, 05:45 PM
Now post that in the club.

I would never post such offensive pictures.

ChumpDumper
06-02-2012, 05:46 PM
I would never post such offensive pictures.No one said anything about pictures.

George W Bush
06-02-2012, 05:51 PM
America, let us pray that Matt Bonner makes a few threes tonight, so that way timvp won't have to give him another D- and Blake won't have to hang himself over it. Lord knows chumpy can't live without Blake.

I'm George W Bush and I approve this message :tu

SA210
06-02-2012, 06:00 PM
:rollin:rollin:lmao:rollin

silverblk mystix
06-02-2012, 06:22 PM
America, let us pray that Matt Bonner makes a few threes tonight, so that way timvp won't have to give him another D- and Blake won't have to hang himself over it. Lord knows chumpy can't live without Blake.

I'm George W Bush and I approve this message :tu

Can you imagine the mess that will have to be cleaned up if Bonner does hit a few threes?

Cummmdumpster and Blake will really have a party if you know what I mean.

ChumpDumper
06-02-2012, 08:07 PM
Can you imagine the mess that will have to be cleaned up if Bonner does hit a few threes?

Cummmdumpster and Blake will really have a party if you know what I mean.lol it's not even about Bonner anymore.