PDA

View Full Version : Jax > Green

coachmac87
06-01-2012, 12:41 PM
I think its time...I'd honestly start Jax in game 4 and start him on Durant and get physical...make him work for everything. If Pop is going to have Tony on Sefolosha, why not use Kwahi length on Westbrook?? Green and Bonner are 4-23 on 3pt fgs...Jax hit 4 last night by himself. Green is useless if he isn't knocking down shots. Ride the hot hand.....

Juggity
06-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Green is useless if he isn't knocking down shots.

He plays defense, though, most of the time.

coachmac87
06-01-2012, 12:54 PM
He hasn't been playing good defense this series. Green was more useful in the clipper series, Jax this series....can't worry bout the kids confidence. It's the wcf we need to win a game.

PublicOption
06-01-2012, 01:34 PM
starters should be:

parker
jackson
blair
tim
leonard

Spurs9
06-01-2012, 01:37 PM
starters should be:

parker
jackson
blair
tim
leonard
YES, Blair and Jax bring the toughness we need.

TJastal
06-01-2012, 01:54 PM
I like that idea. Leonard on Westbrook, Jack on Durant from the get-go. I'm not q

spursfaninla
06-01-2012, 02:10 PM
starters should be:

parker
jackson
blair
tim
leonard

Green was on Westbrook, and made him shoot 3-15. That is pretty good. I don't see Sjax doing that. If TP is guarded by Sefolosha, but has to guard Westbrook, he is going to get too tired.

However, from an offensive production standpoint, if Green is not doing it, I prefer to play more Neal and Manu; they have a better chance of staying with Westbrook I think.

ViceCity86
06-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Last round and most of the regular season

Green>>>>jax

This board fluctuates too much.

therealtruth
06-01-2012, 03:45 PM
I think its time...I'd honestly start Jax in game 4 and start him on Durant and get physical...make him work for everything. If Pop is going to have Tony on Sefolosha, why not use Kwahi length on Westbrook?? Green and Bonner are 4-23 on 3pt fgs...Jax hit 4 last night by himself. Green is useless if he isn't knocking down shots. Ride the hot hand.....

I agree Green is not adding much right now. I would put KL on Westbrook and Jax on Durant.

TJastal
06-01-2012, 04:18 PM
I agree Green is not adding much right now. I would put KL on Westbrook and Jax on Durant.

Agree. I think the spurs have rode Green as far as he will go in these playoffs. Time to make a switch to a more saavy vet like Jackson.

Also Blair getting Bonner's minutes. If I was Pop I would make both these changes starting immediately and not wait until it's too late.

Beaverfuzz
06-01-2012, 05:42 PM
F that.

PG Mills
SG Anderson
C Bonner
PF Blair
SF Richard Jefferson's ghost.

This team will win it all baby!

teddykgb
06-01-2012, 05:43 PM
I don't think it's time for big changes to the lineup yet, lets see how everyone responds to a loss.

InRareForm
06-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Sjax will provide spark in toughness from the get go.

GrandeDavid
06-01-2012, 06:02 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Buckets start. Not at all.

GrandeDavid
06-01-2012, 06:03 PM
And if Green stinks next game, it might happen. Jack is doing best job on Durant indeed.

coachmac87
06-01-2012, 06:12 PM
I mean isn't this why we made the trade to begin with??? It's for moments like these....

Spurs4#5
06-01-2012, 06:23 PM
spurs win 20 out of 21 and its time to make changes...

ginobili fan
06-01-2012, 07:09 PM
i like this but honestly I don't see green going anywhere

TMTTRIO
06-01-2012, 08:03 PM
so who are you going to bring off the bench that can consistently bring us toughness and scoring. Manu can't consistently do it anymore. I like Jax playing with Manu.

coachmac87
06-01-2012, 08:08 PM
spurs win 20 out of 21 and its time to make changes...

See this is the issue, it's not about the streak. It's about matchups and winning ONE game. We've gotta learn how to slow down OKC, they figured out to get us out of our game. Wouldn't hurt to get in their grill a lil bit

therealtruth
06-01-2012, 10:26 PM
See this is the issue, it's not about the streak. It's about matchups and winning ONE game. We've gotta learn how to slow down OKC, they figured out to get us out of our game. Wouldn't hurt to get in their grill a lil bit

Exactly 20 out 21 gets thrown out in the playoffs. In the playoffs each individual game and series is it's own individual entity. If you don't make the adjustments you end up losing.

100%duncan
06-01-2012, 10:30 PM
No.

Wild Cobra Kai
06-02-2012, 07:00 AM
Agree. I think the spurs have rode Green as far as he will go in these playoffs. Time to make a switch to a more saavy vet like Jackson.

Also Blair getting Bonner's minutes. If I was Pop I would make both these changes starting immediately and not wait until it's too late.

You put Blair in there, you set up a block party for Ibaka. Think: double digits. Bonner/Diaw on the perimeter are the only things keeping him in check and out of the paint on D.

Wild Cobra Kai
06-02-2012, 07:01 AM

Actually, it's about NOT panicking.

LASToog36
06-02-2012, 09:20 AM
start blair.... okc's bigs arent big scoring threats although we will lack in rebounds he is a scoring threat that may open up timmy d also a decent passer... pop said if it works why change it... blair worked the whole season whyd he change it bring him back!!! blair and sj will be bash brothers

admiralsnackbar
06-02-2012, 09:29 AM
Actually, it's about NOT panicking.

This. Film will be viewed, necessary adjustments will be made (in terms of execution, not lineup), and I'm pretty sure the whole team won't have another awful passing and scoring night.

TJastal
06-02-2012, 11:27 AM
You put Blair in there, you set up a block party for Ibaka. Think: double digits. Bonner/Diaw on the perimeter are the only things keeping him in check and out of the paint on D.

Oh right. Timvp showed us pictures of exactly how much space Bonner is creating. Mind boggling, really.

Paranoid Pop
06-02-2012, 11:32 AM
This. Film will be viewed, necessary adjustments will be made (in terms of execution, not lineup), and I'm pretty sure the whole team won't have another awful passing and scoring night.

We had 7 bad quarters out of 12, so I don't know how you can be pretty sure of anything :downspin:.