PDA

View Full Version : Reinventing the wheel or Duncan too old

ViceCity86
06-01-2012, 02:21 PM
If Spurs win it all,it's because of Popovich speeding up the tempo,mastering european style offense,playing 10 man rotation.

If they lose.See you can't win with that style or Tony Parker being your best player.No dominant defense or Duncan means no championships.

honestfool84
06-01-2012, 02:23 PM
ok?

benstanfield
06-01-2012, 02:27 PM
Mmmhmm. Yep. I know some of these words.

DesignatedT
06-01-2012, 04:30 PM
One thing is clear and that this was absolutely the best direction to take our team without having to blow it up. Pop had it right win or lose.

ViceCity86
06-01-2012, 04:51 PM
One thing is clear and that this was absolutely the best direction to take our team without having to blow it up. Pop had it right win or lose.

Agree.

CosmicCowboy
06-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Mmmhmm. Yep. I know some of these words.

:lol

Thomas82
06-01-2012, 06:46 PM
one thing is clear and that this was absolutely the best direction to take our team without having to blow it up. Pop had it right win or lose.

+1

mkurts
06-01-2012, 07:25 PM
1 loss after a 20 game win streak and suddenly .... all these tools come out of the woodwork saying Tim Duncan is gassed, we're gonna get pwned, Spurs too old, Eurotrash basketball, Pop is bad .... BLAH BLAH BLAH YADA YADA YADA ... the dumbass crap continues for the idiots.

They didn't play well that's for sure, Thunder rode Thabo through a night of poor shooting by Westbrook 5/15 FGs for a win. A WIN. ONE WIN TO STAVE OFF A SWEEP.

No team has gone undefeated in the postseason and without any superstars ala James or Durant - this Spurs team has played the best team basketball yet seen in the NBA and I'd expect they'll regroup and most likely win the next game at OKC.

Stop pissing yourselves and just hang tough with this team.

racm
06-01-2012, 07:33 PM
1 loss after a 20 game win streak and suddenly .... all these tools come out of the woodwork saying Tim Duncan is gassed, we're gonna get pwned, Spurs too old, Eurotrash basketball, Pop is bad .... BLAH BLAH BLAH YADA YADA YADA ... the dumbass crap continues for the idiots.

They didn't play well that's for sure, Thunder rode Thabo through a night of poor shooting by Westbrook 5/15 FGs for a win. A WIN. ONE WIN TO STAVE OFF A SWEEP.

No team has gone undefeated in the postseason and without any superstars ala James or Durant - this Spurs team has played the best team basketball yet seen in the NBA and I'd expect they'll regroup and most likely win the next game at OKC.

Stop pissing yourselves and just hang tough with this team.

when the gods bleed, mortals will deem themselves their equal.

Man In Black
06-02-2012, 02:02 AM
Pop didn't reinvent anything.
He had the foundations for this for quite awhile now.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/jack_mccallum/05/31/san.antonio.spurs/index.html?sct=obnetwork

But what isn't all that surprising, to me at least, is the way that they're winning. To many observers, it's as if the Spurs have undergone a complete transformation, a remake on the most basic level, as if one day they were performing mainstream Chekhov on Broadway and now they are mimes in Central Park.
I don't see it that way. True, some of the metrics are striking. Once an offensive also-ran (by some numbers, at least) that built its reputation on stubborn defense, the 2011-12 Spurs were first in offensive efficiency (points per possession) and second in scoring. They were also seventh in pace of play, a department in which they routinely ranked in the 20s -- quite often the high 20s -- in a 30-team league.
But the seeds for their offense emergence have been in place for a decade.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/jack_mccallum/05/31/san.antonio.spurs/index.html#ixzz1wcJxEr6d

cherylsteele
06-02-2012, 09:14 AM
If Spurs win it all,it's because of Popovich speeding up the tempo,mastering european style offense,playing 10 man rotation.

If they lose.See you can't win with that style or Tony Parker being your best player.No dominant defense or Duncan means no championships.
Is there a gibberish translator program online anywhere?

Russ
06-02-2012, 09:49 AM

I still think Pop is trying to recreate Spurs defense on the fly, with guys like Leonard and Splitter, buying some time with his offensive schemes to keep 'em afloat while he does it.

DarrinS
06-02-2012, 10:09 AM
Boston won last night, so I guess it's time for Miami to rebuild.