PDA

View Full Version : Bars on St. Mary's- feedback?

IX_Equilibrium
06-01-2012, 06:06 PM
Hey, I was wanting to know by those who have gone to these places: Joey's, Mix, Papa Ray's...

These places any good? and aside from that any of them a good atmosphere for watching Spurs?

Thanks

lefty
06-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Lot a fat beaners

clambake
06-01-2012, 07:25 PM
what if you were wearing a poncho?

Drachen
06-02-2012, 08:47 AM
Hey, I was wanting to know by those who have gone to these places: Joey's, Mix, Papa Ray's...

These places any good? and aside from that any of them a good atmosphere for watching Spurs?

Thanks

I like the Mix. I used to go there a lot when I lived on Magnolia. Joeys would probably be best for watching the game (its a pool/sports type bar). Papa Ray's is ok. It depends on who you are going with as (if I remember correctly) Papa Ray's had a "harsher" crowd. If you are going out specifically to watch the game though, go to Joey's, then head over to the mix after its over.

Notorious H.O.P.
06-02-2012, 10:15 AM
Papa Ray's is one of the few places where I've personally witnessed a gunfight in the parking lot. That was about four years ago though but just felt it was worth mentioning.
:lol

Drachen
06-02-2012, 10:17 AM
Papa Ray's is one of the few places where I've personally witnessed a gunfight in the parking lot. That was about four years ago though but just felt it was worth mentioning.
:lol

so then my memory serves. LOL

Creepn
06-02-2012, 12:25 PM
Lot a fat beaners

HEY!

The correct nomenclature is fat Mexicans. Get it right! :ihit

The_Worlds_finest
06-02-2012, 03:18 PM
You and your bros should just save your money and go up to Austin for a weekend. If you arent married with Kids, San Antonio is a life drain

Drachen
06-02-2012, 04:59 PM
You and your bros should just save your money and go up to Austin for a weekend. If you arent married with Kids, San Antonio is a life drain

watching spurs games in san antonio >>>>>> watching spurs games in Austin.

Also, your comment isn't completely true. It kinda depends on what you look for when you go out.

IX_Equilibrium
06-03-2012, 11:55 AM
I hear ya, Drachen. If I want to hang around a bunch of people who can't decide whether they want to be hippies or yuppies, I'll go to Austin.