PDA

View Full Version : Is Tim Duncan gassed?

spursince#99
06-01-2012, 07:03 PM
I've been reading plenty of your threads lately and it's as if many of you don't even acknowledge the struggles Tim is going through right now. It's as if you are scared to admit it, in denial, or just overlooking it because he's a first ballot Hall of Famer. Well I have news for you. Tim Duncan is struggling ladies and gentleman, and it's getting bad at this point. Even though Stephen A. Smith is a tool there was one thing he was right about. That one thing was we'd beat OKC because of Tim Duncan and the way he was playing. Now? Not so much. Tim Duncan and his low post presence is the ONLY way we'll beat both the Thunder and the Heat as they'd have no answer, but where is it? Yesterday we went to Tim Duncan countless number of times just so he could shoot a contested fade away jumper falling to the ground in an attempt to flop. In the meantime, OKC was on the other end scoring easy transition points because he didn't get back on D. IIRC he was the reason OKC went on the early 8-0 run when the game started because of his lazy passes. So that brings up one legit question. Is Tim Duncan gassed? Has he given us all he can give us? Is Tim Duncan worn out? I'm sure Tomorrow will go a long ways in answering the questions drawn. Discuss.

ViceCity86
06-01-2012, 07:08 PM
This is why I want to see Duncan go out on top this year.
37 and 38 year old Duncan with bad knees is gonna be painful.

dbreiden83080
06-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Spurs are up 2-1. Everyone played like shit in game 3....

Relax..

dakota_spursfan
06-01-2012, 11:09 PM
why he refuses to use his running hook over the middle, his face up bank, any of the go to moves weve seen over the years, i really dont know. its like watching garnett out there with all these damn fadeaway 15 footers

slick'81
06-01-2012, 11:30 PM
ibaka and perk are making him work

tesseractive
06-01-2012, 11:30 PM
He was the MVP of the Clippers series, so it seems kind of ridiculous to stick a fork in him 3 games later, don't you think?

Meanwhile Perkins is an elite post defender, something the Clippers lacked. Maybe Tim's just facing a really tough matchup inside? Timmy is still a great player, but he's past the point where he can get his points in the post against any single defender in the league. The book on Perkins is that you want to force him to come outside the paint and defend there, where Duncan has an advantage. 4 Down was being run as a backup plan because the pick and rolls weren't working.

We need to get the pick and rolls back on track, not try to score in the post given an unfavorable matchup.

-21-
06-01-2012, 11:32 PM
why he refuses to use his running hook over the middle, his face up bank, any of the go to moves weve seen over the years, i really dont know. its like watching garnett out there with all these damn fadeaway 15 footers

Ya, but at least Garnett is makin those fadeaways...:depressed

I'm pretty sure he'll bounce back, he always has.

BatManu20
06-01-2012, 11:38 PM
I've been reading plenty of your threads lately and it's as if many of you don't even acknowledge the struggles Tim is going through right now. It's as if you are scared to admit it, in denial, or just overlooking it because he's a first ballot Hall of Famer. Well I have news for you. Tim Duncan is struggling ladies and gentleman, and it's getting bad at this point. Even though Stephen A. Smith is a tool there was one thing he was right about. That one thing was we'd beat OKC because of Tim Duncan and the way he was playing. Now? Not so much. Tim Duncan and his low post presence is the ONLY way we'll beat both the Thunder and the Heat as they'd have no answer, but where is it? Yesterday we went to Tim Duncan countless number of times just so he could shoot a contested fade away jumper falling to the ground in an attempt to flop. In the meantime, OKC was on the other end scoring easy transition points because he didn't get back on D. IIRC he was the reason OKC went on the early 8-0 run when the game started because of his lazy passes. So that brings up one legit question. Is Tim Duncan gassed? Has he given us all he can give us? Is Tim Duncan worn out? I'm sure Tomorrow will go a long ways in answering the questions drawn. Discuss.

At least you're not overreacting or anything.. :wakeup

Budkin
06-02-2012, 12:17 AM
He's in the best shape he's been in in years.

Kamala
06-02-2012, 08:22 AM
Too much gas from all the okc lamb fries! Those ball eaters:rolleyes

pgardn
06-02-2012, 08:31 AM
All he has to do is hit that jumper. Perk comes out, he is a dead man.

Its painful to watch that old man Duncan defend and rebound? Really? Who do you suggest take his place?

This team would be dead without him. How can a guy who the team MUST have think its time to quit because he is older. Imo, Duncan does not work that way. His game is not the same as 6 years ago and he has adjusted.

Mark Twain:The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

Jimcs50
06-02-2012, 08:48 AM
He is 36, not 46.

He is having problems with the length of Ibaka, that is reason enough for his shooting percentage going down. His bank shot have been blocked so he is staying in areas where his shot does not get blocked.

He had 5 blocks in game 3, so he is there defensively, but just needs to get his shots off faster before they can be contested.

He is not gassed at all.

DarrinS
06-02-2012, 10:13 AM
Yes, Tim went from rejuvenated to old in one week. Lol. Are Tony and Manu gassed as well?

Ishta
06-02-2012, 11:58 AM
It's all good step away from the edge.

DMC
06-02-2012, 01:06 PM
No, he's not Jewish.

dbreiden83080
06-02-2012, 01:36 PM
He's fine.. The adrenaline alone at this point should give him something extra. Getting close to the end..

K-State Spur
06-02-2012, 01:49 PM
At this point in his career, the only difference between people calling Tim Duncan "old" or "the old Tim Duncan" is whether or not he is hitting his jumper - and that's going to come & go.

AlleyOopNazi
06-02-2012, 02:48 PM
1st all time playoffs blocks, just a bad game. Didn't shoot well, just need to get the assists going because the thunder are going to shut down the paint at all costs and leave some good shooters open, including Duncan at the top of the key. Just a bad mindset not taking what the D was giving them vs attacking no matter how much they clogged the paint. Gassed? C'mon man. That's like saying Kobe doesn't have a killer instinct because he shoots poorly. One game is one game.

nkdlunch
06-02-2012, 02:50 PM
Those old celtics not only gassed but hurt and they still fighting. I expect Duncan will do the same

naico
06-02-2012, 02:51 PM
He was pissed after the loss to the point Jack had to calm him down. I expect a vintage TD on defense. 15+ boards, 3+ blocks.

nkdlunch
06-02-2012, 02:52 PM
He was pissed after the loss to the point Jack had to calm him down.

Details?

naico
06-02-2012, 02:55 PM
Details?

Jeff McDonald‏@JMcDonald_SAEN

Jackson says Duncan particularly hard on himself after Game 3. Had to remind TD "that he's human."

Obstructed_View
06-02-2012, 03:11 PM
Gassed? No. Stupid in game 3? Yep. He wasn't the only one.

Capster
06-02-2012, 04:15 PM

Capster
06-02-2012, 04:16 PM
Shut your pie hole. Timmy is the best. You're gassed!

spursince#99
06-02-2012, 04:16 PM
Yeah he made some very poor decisions in game 3, but that could have been a result of him laboring or working too hard to try to make something happen. He should just be patient and let the game come to him tonight.

spursince#99
06-02-2012, 04:17 PM
Shut your pie hole. Timmy is the best. You're gassed!

you maybe shouldn't talk crazy to me with only 22 posts. Be wise you prick.

Spurologist
06-02-2012, 04:56 PM
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/248/screenshot20120602at555.png