PDA

View Full Version : NBA admits refs make incorrect call vs. Atlanta..

HarlemHeat37
06-01-2012, 10:19 PM
Classy of the NBA to do this, but it doesn't change the outcome, unfortunately..Hawks probably beat Philly, too..karma is a bitch, though:lol..

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/05/11/hawks-celtics-foul.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

NBA: Late foul called incorrectly against Celtics in Game 6
NEW YORK (AP) -- The NBA says a foul against Boston with 3.1 seconds left in Atlanta's season-ending loss on Thursday should have been called sooner, which would have given the Hawks a free throw instead of just the ball out of bounds.
The Celtics' Marquis Daniels held the Hawks' Al Horford as Atlanta was inbounding the ball trailing 81-79. Referee Eric Lewis called a foul, but ruled it came after Marvin Williams had released the ball, meaning it was just a common foul that resulted in another throw-in.

However, replays showed the foul occurred before the ball was passed and should have been treated as an away-from-the-play foul, in which case Atlanta would have been awarded one free throw and retained possession of the ball.
Boston won 83-80 to take the series 4-2.

fevertrees
06-01-2012, 10:20 PM
* if the Celtics win it all!

LnGrrrR
06-01-2012, 10:21 PM
Tbh, has the NBA said anything about that Wade foul in OT? :lmao

Reck
06-01-2012, 10:22 PM
Refs make mistakes every single game. What's new?

Are you ever going to stop crying about the refs man?

HarlemHeat37
06-01-2012, 10:24 PM
I have no allegiance to the Hawks, I even hate watching their team play:lol..

This call affected the outcome of the entire playoffs..

I just hate seeing a game decided by refs, tbh..I have no bias here, I don't give a fuck about the Hawks, nor do I hate the Celtics..

DeadlyDynasty
06-01-2012, 10:25 PM
Did Wade have any FTAs tonight? Very vindictive officiating tonight.

HarlemHeat37
06-01-2012, 10:27 PM
McGrady should have finally made the 2nd round, tbh..

Gotta feel for Stack, too, could have gotten some revenge against Miami..

LnGrrrR
06-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Did Wade have any FTAs tonight? Very vindictive officiating tonight.

It didn't help that Wade had a gaping vagina. But yeah, turnabout is fair play/NBA refs suck.

scanry
06-01-2012, 11:17 PM
HH, what the f@ck has gotten into you. You're acting like a 10 yr girl hyping up the Heat.

Then again, it could be some new twisted of trolling. :lol

2pac > Kobe
06-01-2012, 11:22 PM
I think philly could take atl

phi vs mia

damn now that shit would get ratings

Dex
06-01-2012, 11:34 PM
I hate when the league pulls this shit. Who cares wtf they think after the fact?

They did this same crap with Fisher's non-called foul against Barry in the 2008 WCF, a foul which would've sent Barry, an excellent free-throw shooter, to the line with a chance to win the game.

You know what I would've liked? A fucking foul called. A chance to tie the series up.

The league coming out the next day with a big "oops" statement is nothing but a kick to the nuts to both the fans and the credibility of the NBA.

/bitterrant

jARS mEsH sEt
06-01-2012, 11:48 PM
What happened to the original HarlemHeat37? I refuse to believe that this HH37 is the same guy as before. HH37 used to be a quality poster and provided largely unbiased, insightful takes.

This new guy just reeks of butthurt, though. There's no way the previous HH37 would care about others downgrading Miami's (and/or Lebron's) performance with unwarranted cries about asymmetric reffing.

The previous HH37 had somewhat of a cool and collected "swag" to his posting. He seemed like the type of guy who would just sit back and laugh at people denigrating Miami or Lebron without constantly complaining about it.

Did the original HH37 lose his account in a bet or something?

I feel like this new HH37 is someone like stretch trying to make the original HH37 look bad by deliberately posting butthurt, sarcastic threads.

LnGrrrR
06-01-2012, 11:48 PM
I think philly could take atl

phi vs mia

damn now that shit would get ratings

How would that get more ratings than Boston/Miami? :lol Miami would wipe the floor with them.

Giuseppe
06-01-2012, 11:51 PM
What happened to the original HarlemHeat37? I refuse to believe that this HH37 is the same guy as before. HH37 used to be a quality poster and provided largely unbiased, insightful takes.

This new guy just reeks of butthurt, though. There's no way the previous HH37 would care about others downgrading Miami's (and/or Lebron's) performance with unwarranted cries about asymmetric reffing.

The previous HH37 had somewhat of a cool and collected "swag" to his posting. He seemed like the type of guy who would just sit back and laugh at people denigrating Miami or Lebron without constantly complaining about it.

I feel like this new HH37 is someone like stretch trying to make the original HH37 look bad by deliberately posting butthurt, sarcastic threads.

Jar is an asshole, but, he's absolutely splendid here.

Matzel, matzel.

Jacob1983
06-02-2012, 02:14 AM
If they admit mistakes, there should be do-overs or the games should be played again. That way, no one can bitch about the refs.

TE
06-02-2012, 02:16 AM

If this doesn't hurt HH's Internet feelings, I don't know what does, tbh. :lmao