PDA

View Full Version : Monroe: Don't be surprised to see Ginobili start

TD 21
06-02-2012, 06:46 PM
johnhollinger (http://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=johnhollinger) John Hollinger
. @Monroe_SA (http://twitter.com/Monroe_SA) says don't be surprised to see Pop's long-time go-to adjustment - starting Manu -- tonight.

If so, good move. I said yesterday it's more than likely the best possible adjustment to Sefolosha guarding Parker. By playing them together and inevitably upping Ginobili's minutes, this forces the Thunder to pick their poison.

Maybe it comes off as desperate or an overreaction, or maybe this was Pop's plan all along and he was just waiting for a Green slump to coincide with a loss to make the move. Either way, it's time.

Spur|n|Austin
06-02-2012, 06:47 PM
I highly doubt it, and I WOULD be surprised.

timvp
06-02-2012, 06:48 PM
I'd be surprised.

But if the Spurs lose Game 4, I'd be surprised if Manu doesn't start Game 5.

L.I.T
06-02-2012, 06:52 PM
If he does, Pop doing what he likes to do in these situations: Trust the vets. Likely would indicate SJax is going to be the lead guard/wing off the bench. Get him really going.

Kori Ellis
06-02-2012, 07:07 PM
timvp -- didn't I tell you after the loss, that this was going to be Pop's adjustment?

timvp
06-02-2012, 07:09 PM
timvp -- didn't I tell you after the loss, that this was going to be Pop's adjustment?

Oh yeah, you did. Maybe you were on to something . . .

therealtruth
06-02-2012, 07:12 PM
The big issue is that DG is not letting the Thunder pay for putting Sefalosha on Parker. The downside to starting Ginobili is that he can't defend Westbrook so that means the Spurs would have a cross matchup. I think the Spurs really need Danny Green to do the same thing to Westbrook that Sefalosha is doing to Parker.

silverblk mystix
06-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Sometimes I wanna call or email wifey-but I just roll over and talk to her.

therealtruth
06-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Also it's not just that it hurts the bench. At this point DG is a better defender than Ginobili because he can defend Westbrook. If I was going to start something I would start SJax. That way you get his defense on Durant and getting Durant frustrated early. Maybe even collect a couple of early offensive fouls. Then you can put Kawhi on Westbrook to suffocate him. His length would allow him to keep up with Westbrook. Then you have Ginobili and Green off the bench. Green seems to plays well at the 3 with Ginobili.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
06-02-2012, 07:20 PM
Also it's not just that it hurts the bench. At this point DG is a better defender than Ginobili because he can defend Westbrook. If I was going to start something I would start SJax. That way you get his defense on Durant and getting Durant frustrated early. Maybe even collect a couple of early offensive fouls. Then you can put Kawhi on Westbrook to suffocate him. His length would allow him to keep up with Westbrook. Then you have Ginobili and Green off the bench. Green seems to plays well at the 3 with Ginobili.
That actually would work defensively, but that would hurt the offense too much.

SA210
06-02-2012, 07:32 PM
I have said ever since Manu became a SPUR, he should ALWAYS have been a starter.

SA210
06-02-2012, 07:35 PM
so much for that