PDA

View Full Version : Ed Malloy: Sixth Man Of The Year

Walton Buys Off Me
06-02-2012, 09:33 PM
Isn't he the guy that was getting 30 calls a day from Donaghy?

Could it be more obvious?

ColinB
06-02-2012, 09:35 PM
That was Scott Foster.

Walton Buys Off Me
06-02-2012, 09:38 PM
Every 50/50 play Malloy has called went to OKC.

Watch the tape.

Pop knows it

TwelveGs210
06-02-2012, 09:40 PM
If you notice the only calls we've been lucky enough to get in OKC are all our weak FT shooters..

ColinB
06-02-2012, 09:45 PM
:lol Malloy isn't making the Thunder hit these OPEN shots or the Spurs play terrible D.

Make up whatever excuses help you sleep tonight.

Brodels
06-02-2012, 09:47 PM
Whatever makes you feel better. The Spurs aren't going to lose this game because of the officiating. They are going to lose it because they have too many people on the floor who have no idea what they are doing too much of the time.

Quit making excuses.

Proxy
06-02-2012, 09:52 PM
Don't play the "quit making excuses" card. Durant avoids contact from Parker and gets an and1 while Duncan gets hammered by Perkins in the post and gets no call. Durant pushes to the point of extended arms to get separation every play. The refs have an impact. To deny that would be ignorant at best.

Brodels
06-02-2012, 09:56 PM
Yeah, and then Parker takes five steps going across the lane and gets away with it. It's not like the refs were enough in the Thunder's favor to impact the outcome. I know it's easy to be biased as a Spurs fan though.

ColinB
06-02-2012, 09:56 PM
Thinking their impact on this game was big enough to give the Spurs' the loss is ignorant.

FromWayDowntown
06-02-2012, 09:59 PM
I don't think the officiating is affecting the outcome of Game 4.

I do wonder how Ed Malloy could conceivably be deemed to be among the best 12-15 officials working in the NBA these days. If it's true that he's in that group, it doesn't say much for the state of officiating; if he isn't actually in that group, it doesn't say much for the way in which the league evaluates it's officials.

By the way, I've long thought this of Malloy. I was shocked that he worked the conference finals in either 2010 or 2011 and even more shocked that he worked the 2011 NBA Finals.

Duncan2177
06-02-2012, 10:03 PM
Isn't he the guy that was getting 30 calls a day from Donaghy?

Could it be more obvious?

That piece of shit is a horrible ref he does not know how to officiate a nba game.

Spurs Brazil
06-02-2012, 10:03 PM
I don't think the officiating is affecting the outcome of Game 4.

I do wonder how Ed Malloy could conceivably be deemed to be among the best 12-15 officials working in the NBA these days. If it's true that he's in that group, it doesn't say much for the state of officiating; if he isn't actually in that group, it doesn't say much for the way in which the league evaluates it's officials.

By the way, I've long thought this of Malloy. I was shocked that he worked the conference finals in either 2010 or 2011 and even more shocked that he worked the 2011 NBA Finals.

Agree we didn't lost because of refs, but Malloy was awful. The worst ref I see in the playoffs

Proxy
06-02-2012, 10:04 PM
You can try and force some meaning that I didn't imply out of my post all you want. I never said it was the reason for the loss. I was pointing out how condescending you sound. The refs weren't responsible for the loss. The were responsible for helping take and give momentum.

TDMVPDPOY
06-02-2012, 10:07 PM
the home cooking is worst then the 2 openning games where they were allowed to play freely...

Dingle Barry
06-02-2012, 10:08 PM
Blaming refs is pussy. Spurs didn't play well and Ibaka Perkins and KD willed them to the W.

ColinB
06-02-2012, 10:13 PM
First of all, I agree that Malloy isn't a great ref. I didn't really like how he called some of the playoff games last year (Heat-Bulls, Heat-Celtics)

However, you can comment all you want on the refs being momentum killers and what not, but unsurprisingly that happens in a lot of NBA games. You deal with it. The real momentum killers are the Spurs leaving Thunder players wide open and the Spurs not taking advantage of their open threes/easy lay-ins. Not to mention allowing offensive rebounds and committing turnovers.

greyforest
06-02-2012, 10:17 PM
Oh yeah the NBA's officiating is just a bastion of unbiased fairness. Nobody even knows the names of any of the officials because it's so irrelevant.

Oh wai
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Donaghy#Allegations_against_the_NBA

Obstructed_View
You don't get calls on the road. Big surprise. This game was all about pace. The Spurs haven't been pushing the ball, and they haven't been scoring. It's not the defense, it's that there are no quick passes after rebounds and nobody's going hard to the hoop. When you hold it up every fucking possession you're going to give the defense a chance to set up, which the Spurs haven't done in like two months, so it's no wonder they suck at it.

slick'81
okc beats spurs not some faggot shirt

smackdaddy11
06-02-2012, 10:18 PM
He's the same ref who Teed up Rivers for saying "Come on Eddie." in game 2 of the Mia/Bos series. Doc said worst tech of his career. This is what we have to deal with.

Sounds and acts like a young Joey C to me. Joyous.

spurspokesman
06-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Referees don't directly affect the outcome of a game but it changes the flow of the team that's getting fewer calls. And since when did ibaka get a license to goaltend. Btw nice pushoff by durant on parker wher he clearly extended his arm and gets the and 1. I don't cry over refs because there job is tough. But 2nite was a little tough to stomach.

mike20spurs
06-02-2012, 10:28 PM
:lol Malloy isn't making the Thunder hit these OPEN shots or the Spurs play terrible D.

Make up whatever excuses help you sleep tonight.

It takes away from the aggression that the Spurs are used to playing. if you're getting fouls called for touching Durant, eventually you start to back off. On the other hand, since the Thunder weren't getting calls against them, they managed to "shut down" the Spurs offense for most of the game. it really was unbelievable. Some of those calls were completely stupid and just swung the momentum of the game. Spurs will win game 5 and 6.

spurspokesman
06-02-2012, 10:32 PM
Referees don't directly affect the outcome of a game but it changes the flow of the team that's getting fewer calls. And since when did ibaka get a license to goaltend. Btw nice pushoff by durant on parker wher he clearly extended his arm and gets the and 1. I don't cry over refs because there job is tough. But 2nite was a little tough to stomach.

fotan2
06-02-2012, 10:42 PM
Whatever makes you feel better. The Spurs aren't going to lose this game because of the officiating. They are going to lose it because they have too many people on the floor who have no idea what they are doing too much of the time.

Quit making excuses.

I see a hypocrite in you. Technically, blaming on those who played bad is an excuse too.

Quit making excuses.

Andthentherewas21
06-02-2012, 10:51 PM
Let me preface this by saying Durant beat the Spurs in the 4th not the refs. The Spurs lost the game.

That being said, there is no denying that there were questionable calls, and even unquestionable goaltends that happened throughout the game. Part of that you live with knowing that its one of the benefits at playing at home. Its why a game 7 at home for the Spurs is so important if it comes to that.

Some of it was egregious though, especially the NBA's blatant disregard for calling goaltends against Ibaka this series. Again Durant won this game, the refs didn't lose it for the Spurs. However its going to be interesting to see how game 5 is called, because like it or not, the refs have an impact on the game. You just hope they aren't the determining factor.

ColinB
06-02-2012, 11:02 PM
Yeah, the refs have an impact. With that said, what doesn't have an impact in the game? It's a moot point when there are so many other things going on in the game. It's lazy as hell to just sit here and say the refs killed the momentum.

Bonner himself killed more momentum in 2 minutes than anything else that happened if you really want to point your finger at something. Even then, you can look at Splitter having butter fingers, Green missing everything, Duncan shooting fadeaways/missing free throws, Ginobili passing to the other team, Ibaka shooting uncontested jumpers...whatever the hell you want as momentum killers. They are all irrelevant individually when you are looking at the big picture.

Also, Durant was hitting some amazing shots. It had nothing to do with backing off. The switching on him was terrible anyway. And Thunder did not shut down the Spurs offense because they were getting calls, it was legitimately a little bit of good Thunder D/lazy Spurs offense.

On to game 5 where hopefully the Spurs play better.

Kidd K
06-02-2012, 11:07 PM
Blaming refs is pussy. Spurs didn't play well and Ibaka Perkins and KD willed them to the W.

No it isn't. I can tell you've never played a legitimate sporting event in your life that has included bogus calls going against you. It happens at every level of sporting competition.