PDA

View Full Version : This loss is on Pop

Spurs21Fan4Ever
06-02-2012, 09:50 PM
For playing Bonner over Blair and not ensuring that Jackson and Leonard stick to Durant like glue. Most of Durant's run was with Parker and Ginobili guarding him.

FromWayDowntown
06-02-2012, 09:51 PM
Aren't they all?

Spurs21Fan4Ever
06-02-2012, 09:54 PM
Aren't they all?
No, I love Pop, but I believe this loss is on him, and Parker too. Parker was a ballhog late.

Warlord23
06-02-2012, 09:56 PM
3 mistakes:
1. Persisting with Green to the tune of 19 minutes, when it was obvious he didn't have it
2. Keeping Bonner in the rotation when he's given us nothing in this series
3. Keeping Kahwi on Durant when Jax has been the only one able to make it tough for him

Warlord23
Double post

timtonymanu
To be honest, most of you would have wanted Bonner to play over Blair this series. It's not Pop's fault Bonner can't handle the playoffs.

The Spurs should amnesty Bonner in the offseason.

Oh and Duncan Splitter Parker and Green should have played much better tonight. Pop didn't make them suck.

therealtruth
For playing Bonner over Blair and not ensuring that Jackson and Leonard stick to Durant like glue. Most of Durant's run was with Parker and Ginobili guarding him.

I agree the only people who should guard Durant are Jax and Leonard.

jason1301
06-02-2012, 09:58 PM
To be honest, most of you would have wanted Bonner to play over Blair this series. It's not Pop's fault Bonner can't handle the playoffs.

Oh and Duncan Splitter Parker and Green should have played much better tonight. Pop didn't make them suck.

this plus player to player Thunder has more talent...

Spurs21Fan4Ever
06-02-2012, 09:58 PM

I've never once in my life wanted Bonner over Blair, especially against the Thunder. Blair doesn't let Ibaka or Perkins push him around.

Brodels
06-02-2012, 09:59 PM
I have some sympathy for Pop, even though I don't think it was his best game. When Neal's D is terrible, Matt Bonner is useless, Danny Green becomes a liability, etc., it really limits his ability to push the right buttons.

Texas_Ranger
I loved that Parker and Manu guarded Durat when he was on fire. One of the best things ever.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
I don't get how Pop can say "I want nasty" but play Bonner over Blair.

BatManu20
Pop is overrated yes but it's not his fault Durant and Ibaka went off on us tonight

Spurs21Fan4Ever
06-02-2012, 10:00 PM
Pop is overrated yes but it's not his fault Durant and Ibaka went off on us tonight
Do you think Durant would've done that well if Captain Jack or Leonard guarded him?

therealtruth
06-02-2012, 10:00 PM

Parker can't be in MVP talks if he can't help the team when it really needs him. It seems this team needs some home cooking to regain their form.

Sense
06-02-2012, 10:01 PM
He was also a major part...

Neal on Harden?!
BONNER?!

He had SOME adjustments but it was just the Spurs playing better and a little more composed.. he got out coached tonight again.

DMC
06-02-2012, 10:02 PM
The Thunder are a good team. When they share the ball, they are a better team than SA tbh.

SA210
06-02-2012, 10:07 PM
Aren't they all?

Yes

SA210
06-02-2012, 10:08 PM
Blair in, we get back in. Blair out, OKC goes crazy.

Pop's a stubborn asshole.

Nuff said

TDMVPDPOY
06-02-2012, 10:09 PM
gary neal needs to be gone after this season, dude doesnt play a lick of defense

james evans
06-02-2012, 10:09 PM

who are "most of you"? i get nervous every time dude is on the floor. he's worthless

mexicanjunior
06-02-2012, 10:10 PM
It's not Pop's fault Bonner can't handle the playoffs.

Is that a joke? He has known this for the last 3 years and yet continues to force feed him playoff minutes. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Pop can choke on Bonner's foreskin and die for all I care...eff him and his piece of shit COY trophy.

ducks
06-02-2012, 10:11 PM
when pop put booner in it went south and spurs never lead
but the goal tending that was not called and the three that they waived off to end the half the game would have went into overtime

KaiRMD1
06-02-2012, 10:11 PM
It looked like the Grizzlies series from last year to be honest though. I don't get it but I got faith that the Spurs will kill them in SA

loveforthegame
06-02-2012, 10:14 PM
Pop deserves some blame for switching defenses and sticking with some guys who are not performing. But at some point the players have to be held accountable. Play with some pride and take some responsibility for what's going out on the court. Most of them need to take a long hard look in the mirror.

Obstructed_View
06-02-2012, 10:58 PM
This loss is indeed on Pop, but not for the reasons you think. When he fucked the rotations and offense in the last game and limited everyone's minutes, there were people who said that he was teaching a lesson to his team. The more important lesson was to the group on the other bench. You don't give confidence to a young team.