PDA

View Full Version : Are WE the ONLY ones that Notices how BAD BONNER IS? What about others?

tkang456
06-03-2012, 12:31 AM
It seems like we the only ones on spurs forum is talking about how bad Bonner is. No NBA Analysts, TNT Crew, Post game interviews have pointed out how bad of a choker he is. Why hasn't Stephen A smith, Tim Legler, Ric Bucher, jumped out on this guy? They criticized Splitter before, but why doesnt anyone give shitt that Bonner deserves?

SpursRock20
06-03-2012, 12:32 AM
Not many want the Spurs to win. They are not going to find ways we are not winning.

Andthentherewas21
06-03-2012, 12:40 AM
The problem is that on paper, Bonner is the answer to all of our prayers. He should a fantastic 3pt shooter, that at 6'10 or whatever he is, should be able to shoot over most guards and should unclog the paint by drawing out Ibaka/Perkins/ect.

The problem is, the +/- king, only exists on paper. I think hes probably something like 1-10 at this point in the series, and I guarantee there is someone in the national media that is crying out for more Bonner touches, despite the fact he has no backbone, chokes every year in the playoffs, and is probably the slowest 3 point shooter in the NBA.

tkang456
06-03-2012, 01:08 AM
Not many want the Spurs to win. They are not going to find ways we are not winning.

that's fuked up

DMC
06-03-2012, 01:37 AM
Bonner played 2 minutes. It's completely overblown and not worthy of commentary by anyone other than long time Bonner haters. Bonner did not make Danny or Tony miss their shots, didn't make Manu continue to turn the ball over, didn't make Danny and Neal play shitty defense.

There's more to the game than that 2 minutes. We missed enough free throws to have actually won the game.

Sean Cagney
06-03-2012, 01:41 AM
Bonner played 2 minutes. It's completely overblown and not worthy of commentary by anyone other than long time Bonner haters. Bonner did not make Danny or Tony miss their shots, didn't make Manu continue to turn the ball over, didn't make Danny and Neal play shitty defense.

There's more to the game than that 2 minutes. We missed enough free throws to have actually won the game.

YES but.... WE NEED MORE BLAIR in this series. Thats what we need and Bonner or not they do need to adjust on other ends of things. GREEN needs to show up, Manu needs to stop with these stupid TO's and a few other things must happen! Spurs can still do this and win this all! BUT......... It will take some execution and what got them here, the last two games that has not been there. Spurs need to play as a team to win this series in 6 games or so. It can be done.

DMC
06-03-2012, 01:42 AM
YES but.... WE NEED MORE BLAIR in this series. Thats what we need and Bonner or not they do need to adjust on other ends of things.

We need to get back to playing Spurs brand of ball instead of trying to match the Thunder's pace.

Sean Cagney
06-03-2012, 01:44 AM
We need to get back to playing Spurs brand of ball instead of trying to match the Thunder's pace.

This first and foremost, period............. GOOD DAMN POST bro.

Bill_Brasky
06-03-2012, 01:44 AM

He started a Thunder run that was undeniable.

therealtruth
06-03-2012, 01:48 AM
At this level your weakest links get magnified. That's why Bonner stands out so much. He has no business being in the rotation in a conference finals.

SpursFaninMS
06-03-2012, 02:39 AM
YES but.... WE NEED MORE BLAIR in this series. Thats what we need and Bonner or not they do need to adjust on other ends of things. GREEN needs to show up, Manu needs to stop with these stupid TO's and a few other things must happen! Spurs can still do this and win this all! BUT......... It will take some execution and what got them here, the last two games that has not been there. Spurs need to play as a team to win this series in 6 games or so. It can be done.

Bonner and Blair should not be mentioned in the same sentence.

Blair will eat into Splitter's minutes way more than Bonner's. Kawhi or Jack will end up acquiring Bonner's minutes.

I have been far more infuriated by Splitter this series than I have Bonner. I expected more out of the former.

DMC
06-03-2012, 02:41 AM
He started a Thunder run that was undeniable.
Yeah, but we were up by 2 in the 2nd quarter until we went on a turnover/brick fest.

Bonner cannot start a Thunder run on his own.

DMC
06-03-2012, 02:43 AM
The problem is that on paper, Bonner is the answer to all of our prayers. He should a fantastic 3pt shooter, that at 6'10 or whatever he is, should be able to shoot over most guards and should unclog the paint by drawing out Ibaka/Perkins/ect.

The problem is, the +/- king, only exists on paper. I think hes probably something like 1-10 at this point in the series, and I guarantee there is someone in the national media that is crying out for more Bonner touches, despite the fact he has no backbone, chokes every year in the playoffs, and is probably the slowest 3 point shooter in the NBA.

It really doesn't matter if he's hitting his shots, only that the defense respects his ability and right now they don't, but neither do his teammates which is why he's not getting the ball. Since he's not getting the ball, the defense has no reason to close out on him and can sag off. Tim has not been playing inside out ball like we have in the past. It goes inside and he forces something as if there are no other options.

wut
06-03-2012, 07:37 AM
Bonner doesn't even have confidence in himself right now, which is the problem. Bonner will be wide open and he doesn't shoot. As Kerr said in game 2 the way the Spurs offense works is that shot you have to take if for any other reason to keep the flow of the offense. Spurs plays are designed to have an open shooter and a rebounder for the shot...when Bonner passes up the shot he ruins the flow of the offense puts the ball on the court and effectively kills the spacing thus reducing Spurs offensive efficiency.

It seems like every time Bonner hits the court, the Thunder get pumped and go at the basket.

Bonner is a Greek Tragedy out there.

Russo21
06-03-2012, 08:42 AM
Bonner doesn't even have confidence in himself right now, which is the problem. Bonner will be wide open and he doesn't shoot. ...when Bonner passes up the shot he ruins the flow of the offense puts the ball on the court and effectively kills the spacing thus reducing Spurs offensive efficiency.

It seems like every time Bonner hits the court, the Thunder get pumped and go at the basket.

Bonner is a Greek Tragedy out there.

Spot on. Stupid ginger fuck. Fuck i hate him.

Russo21
06-03-2012, 08:46 AM
I'm sure other teams realise how bad Bonner is. They just about get hard-ons when they see that red headed piece of white trash step on the court

Fabbs
06-03-2012, 10:03 AM
I'm sure other teams realise how bad Bonner is. They just about get hard-ons when they see that red headed piece of white trash step on the court
I see Harden and others literally switch the point of attack to go at Bonner.

Back to the OPs point, good one.
Why do NBA **analysts** say zilch about Bonbon?

We know most of them are dumbf__ks themselves, but they usually touch on the super obvious.

I would certainly expect Kerr to notice.

TampaDude
06-03-2012, 10:07 AM
Bonner should have a clause in his contract that prohibits him from playing in the playoffs unless the Spurs are up by 30+ in the 4th quarter.

tkang456
06-03-2012, 10:37 AM

This is fucking true. I remember in Jazz series Derek Favors would suddenly come to life when Bonner came in

EIC
06-03-2012, 12:36 PM
If memory serves, during the Memphis series last year a columnist from ESPN ran a piece about how much Bonner sucks.

He is a piece of fucking trash and is worthless on both the offensive and defensive sides of the ball. The fact that Pop continues to play him is one of the most bizarre things I have ever seen.

EIC
06-03-2012, 12:43 PM

"Bonner only played two minutes"

In those two minutes, the Thunder went on a 10 - 0 run and got into a rhythm in this game

It was 19-12 when Bonner checks in with 4:04 left in first qtr..KD at the line for 2....19-14

Bonner gets pass, up-fakes, drives in lane, passes to Timmy on bassline with 8 seconds on shot clock and runs away from the play. Bad shot Timmy, Perkins beats Bonner down the floor for dunk. Pop timeout......19-16

Bonner passes on three, shoots 19 ftr....brick...OKC comes down, Bonner does not block out Ibaka for tip in.....19-18

EIC
06-03-2012, 12:43 PM

"Bonner only played two minutes"

In those two minutes, the Thunder went on a 10 - 0 run and got into a rhythm in this game

It was 19-12 when Bonner checks in with 4:04 left in first qtr..KD at the line for 2....19-14

Bonner gets pass, up-fakes, drives in lane, passes to Timmy on bassline with 8 seconds on shot clock and runs away from the play. Bad shot Timmy, Perkins beats Bonner down the floor for dunk. Pop timeout......19-16

Bonner passes on three, shoots 19 ftr....brick...OKC comes down, Bonner does not block out Ibaka for tip in.....19-18

Bonner sets horrible pick for Gino and rolls off...pass from Manu gets tipped and stolen....Manu steals ball back....runs pick and roll with Timmy....Timmy take 18 ftr and misses.....with Bonner at three point line, nobody is down low for rebound...OKC comes down...Bonner loses on D, Collison...Collison get uncontested dunk....19-20

Bonner again set worthless pick and rolls to 3 pt line...Parker desperately spins in lane for layup...misses....Kd comes down, gets fouled hits two free throws......2:01 on the clock...19-22

I won't blame the first two points on Bonner since KD was already at the line, but for those of you that think Bonner did not do any damage in "only 2 minutes", you guys are completely wrong. The Thunder were playing with no energy and were out of sync until Bonner checked in. Then they got rolling.

weebo
06-03-2012, 12:51 PM
I didn't read thread but I agree with everything negative said about Bonner. The guy plays hard but the NBA PO's are way over his skill level. We may have possibly seen the last time we see Bonner in a Spurs uniform.

The Reckoning
06-03-2012, 12:53 PM
preaching to the choir, whoopi

Legacy
06-03-2012, 01:04 PM
I've seriously had enough of Bonner, and I've never said anything negative about him until last night--ever. ... But it is damn fucking CUT-THROAT time, Bon-Bon. FFS. :bang

Biernutz
06-03-2012, 03:52 PM
Haters got to hate. Why is Tim taking shot off one leg falling away when he never took shots like that in the season. We are forcing shots inside instead of kicking it out. The last 2 games the whole team looks out of focus. OKC made the adjustments that worked and we didn't.

GrandeDavid
06-03-2012, 03:55 PM
I think it's weak that Pop isn't being called by the soft commentators for him playing Bonner early in games.

Kuestmaster
06-03-2012, 04:16 PM
Yes. Here in spain the announcers say that he's very valuable and don't know why Pop doesn't play him more.
That said, spanish announcers are the worst I've ever listened. It's painful.

Keepin' it real
06-03-2012, 05:12 PM
It seems like we the only ones on spurs forum is talking about how bad Bonner is. No NBA Analysts, TNT Crew, Post game interviews have pointed out how bad of a choker he is. Why hasn't Stephen A smith, Tim Legler, Ric Bucher, jumped out on this guy? They criticized Splitter before, but why doesnt anyone give shitt that Bonner deserves?

Reverse affirmative action? Throw the white man a bone ...

PublicOption
06-03-2012, 07:41 PM
Bonner should have a clause in his contract that prohibits him from playing in the playoffs unless the Spurs are up by 30+ in the 4th quarter.

:rollin:yield

Russo21
06-03-2012, 10:39 PM

:lmaoLove It!

Spurtacus
06-03-2012, 10:43 PM
2012: 3,630,000
2013: 3,945,000

:depressed