PDA

View Full Version : Time to separate the real from the fakes

100%duncan
06-03-2012, 12:57 AM
No. This isn't about that stupid color that everyone uses to down another member or make themselves above them. It's about you doubters need to shut the fuck up and live in the moment. When we were having that win streak you were throbbing over their asses and now when OUR TEAM faces adversity you react like a prostitute when her customer is out of cash.

For the love of god show some pride, show some trust, show some trust to the guys that spoiled us the past decade. Where are your spirits? This ain't over. This shit is far from over. And please don't tell me that I should have gotten used to these reactions because this is Spurstalk.

If you don't believe in our guys then you can get the fuck off this board and continue the life you were living before the winning streak.

That is all.

TwelveGs210
06-03-2012, 12:58 AM
*slow clap*

racm
06-03-2012, 01:01 AM
Best take.

The two teams have held serve. It is time to see who is the champion or the pretender.

Believe.

Not to mention that the biggest roadblock to a Spurs victory, the injury bug, is nowhere in sight.

dbreiden83080
06-03-2012, 01:03 AM
OKC is a great great team.. This is the biggest test the Spurs have had in years and it is coming with Duncan several years past his prime..

Gonna be tough but i believe....

justinandimcool
06-03-2012, 01:06 AM
lol holy fuck.

i certainly believe in the Spurs. i believe they can definitely win, in fact i think it's probable with homecourt on our side. i also believe it might go the other way, and i believe everyone here will live if that happens.

it's just basketball.

dmon35
06-03-2012, 01:09 AM
The Spurs will win this series.

silverblackfan
06-03-2012, 01:10 AM
They will win this series. As a blind homer fan, to consider otherwise is ludicrous. They just are needing the home crowd more than I recognized. Thunder have proven to be a worthy adversary.

texbumTHElife
06-03-2012, 01:12 AM
I came out of retirement like Bruce Bowen possessing Kwahi to post in this thread. I fucking believe. I believe we win the next two and the Thunder, who look a little bit too much like the Mavericks of 3-4 years ago, come to their senses and take the ass fucking they know they deserve.

Fuck the Thunder. Fuck their fake ass primadona entitled asses. Monday, the Spurs rape that shit like a rich white girl on the front page of CNN.

I. Fucking. Believe.

CitizenDwayne
06-03-2012, 01:16 AM
I came out of retirement like Bruce Bowen possessing Kwahi to post in this thread. I fucking believe. I believe we win the next two and the Thunder, who look a little bit too much like the Mavericks of 3-4 years ago, come to their senses and take the ass fucking they know they deserve.

Fuck the Thunder. Fuck their fake ass primadona entitled asses. Monday, the Spurs rape that shit like a rich white girl on the front page of CNN.

I. Fucking. Believe.
Amen.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-03-2012, 01:16 AM
No. This isn't about that stupid color that everyone uses to down another member or make themselves above them. It's about you doubters need to shut the fuck up and live in the moment. When we were having that win streak you were throbbing over their asses and now when OUR TEAM faces adversity you react like a prostitute when her customer is out of cash.

For the love of god show some pride, show some trust, show some trust to the guys that spoiled us the past decade. Where are your spirits? This ain't over. This shit is far from over. And please don't tell me that I should have gotten used to these reactions because this is Spurstalk.

If you don't believe in our guys then you can get the fuck off this board and continue the life you were living before the winning streak.

That is all.

:tu

This series feels just like the 2005 Finals to me: two superb, very evenly matched teams dueling for the supremacy. Let's hope the 2012 Spurs are as tough as those 2005 guys!

PS But let's not hope it takes 21pts in 17mins (including OT) from Big Shot Rob to get it done in game 5! I nearly had a heart attack! Then again, those are the games that define teams and that sports fans live for.

TwelveGs210
06-03-2012, 01:18 AM
Lets chew their fuckin faces off

Andthentherewas21
06-03-2012, 01:18 AM
i believe everyone here will live if that happens.

it's just basketball.

Lies, this shit is the life and death of the season, of the drive for 5, of greatness. This determines the life or death of the "Spurs are too old", of a championship in 3 different decades, of respect for putting the work in and doing shit the right way.

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

100%duncan
06-03-2012, 01:22 AM
:tu

This series feels just like the 2005 Finals to me: two superb, very evenly matched teams dueling for the supremacy. Let's hope the 2012 Spurs are as tough as those 2005 guys!

PS But let's not hope it takes 21pts in 17mins (including OT) from Big Shot Rob to get it done in game 5! I nearly had a heart attack! Then again, those are the games that define teams and that sports fans live for.

This is the reason why I don't panic and still believe. The following games will tell if we deserve the 5th or not. Its.Not.Supposed.To.Be.Easy.

Salty
06-03-2012, 01:22 AM
We're in the fucking Western Conference Finals and people are jumping off a cliff because the series is 2-2? Are you fucking kidding me? Would any reasonable person be surprised if we told them that the series would be split 2-2 after 4 games? Championships aren't supposed to be cakewalks, and anyone who's seen previous Spurs championship runs would've realized that losses happen this late in the postseason.

racm
06-03-2012, 01:26 AM
We're in the fucking Western Conference Finals and people are jumping off a cliff because the series is 2-2? Are you fucking kidding me? Would any reasonable person be surprised if we told them that the series would be split 2-2 after 4 games? Championships aren't supposed to be cakewalks, and anyone who's seen previous Spurs championship runs would've realized that losses happen this late in the postseason.

Indeed.

Capt Bringdown
06-03-2012, 01:35 AM
Loyalty is the thing. "Believe" is for kids.
You think diehard Clippers fans "believe"? WTF does belief have to do with anything, other than who gets into the kool kids club?
Fuck yo believe, clown. I got shoes older than you. Most of y'all "believers" will move on to new distractions once the Duncan era is over.
Stick with your team because they're your team. Ain't got nothing to do with whether you believe or not.
Sorted.

100%duncan
06-03-2012, 01:39 AM
Loyalty is the thing. "Believe" is for kids.
You think diehard Clippers fans "believe"? WTF does belief have to do with anything, other than who gets into the kool kids club?
Fuck yo believe, clown. I got shoes older than you. Most of y'all "believers" will move on to new distractions once the Duncan era is over.
Stick with your team because they're your team. Ain't got nothing to do with whether you believe or not.
Sorted.

I Believe and I'm loyal. I'll be here when we are in the lottery with Kawhi as our cornerstone.

DMC
06-03-2012, 01:41 AM
Like I said before, believe is fine but requires evidence, make believe is not fine.

100%duncan
06-03-2012, 01:57 AM
Like I said before, believe is fine but requires evidence, make believe is not fine.

Like I said, you can gtfo.

BatManu20
06-03-2012, 02:29 AM
Indeed.

That's what I'm talking about.

UZER
06-03-2012, 02:29 AM
As a Spurs fan, I haven't felt this intensity in a playoff series in a long time.

The last few years have been plagued with injuries and sweeps.

We are in a dog fight and I love it! May the best team win. If we don't, we didn't deserve it.

Rapper
06-03-2012, 02:34 AM
May the best team win. If we don't, we didn't deserve it.

DMC
06-03-2012, 02:39 AM
Like I said, you can gtfo.

I want the Spurs to win. I lack the mental ability to believe what is not evident and I am not much on faith.

100%duncan
06-03-2012, 02:41 AM
I want the Spurs to win. I lack the mental ability to believe what is not evident and I am not much on faith.

What is not evident? We won 2 games and lost 2 which means we're pretty equal with OKC. We have HCA so it gives us an edge. What is not evident there?

DMC
06-03-2012, 02:49 AM
We are not equal with OKC. The Spurs would not have lost to OKC by 25 points in the regular season because Brooks would not have made the adjustments to get there. He has now because he's had 2 games to do so (3 now). Durant didn't do anything until the 4th and he decided to, and when he did we couldn't get a single stop. Westbrook was quiet as was Harden minus a couple timely shots and we couldn't stop people who normally don't contribute much on offense. Pop didn't really make any real adjustments and instead went right back to the same shit that didn't work in game 3. Sure it was closer, thanks to some gutsy performance by a rookie and some timing on subs with OKC, but it's been Duncan in the low block forcing up shots, missing (air balling) at close range, not finishing well (until late in the game) and missing FTs. Manu is a turnover machine and seems out of synch with the rest of the team. Parker is neutralized. Tiago is a liability now. We are resting our hopes on a rookie, no ACLs, making love to pressure and home cooking tbh.

100%duncan
06-03-2012, 02:51 AM
We are not equal with OKC. The Spurs would not have lost to OKC by 25 points in the regular season because Brooks would not have made the adjustments to get there. He has now because he's had 2 games to do so (3 now). Pop didn't really make any real adjustments and instead went right back to the same shit that didn't work in game 3. Sure it was closer, thanks to some gutsy performance by a rookie and some timing on subs with OKC, but it's been Duncan in the low block forcing up shots, missing (air balling) at close range, not finishing well (until late in the game) and missing FTs. Manu is a turnover machine and seems out of synch with the rest of the team. Parker is neutralized. Tiago is a liability now. We are resting our hopes on a rookie, no ACLs, making love to pressure and home cooking tbh.

And it's still 2-2.

JRHernandez88
06-03-2012, 02:52 AM
BRO. We got this. It ain't even funny how strong my faith is with this years squad is though. I honestly am not even worried. I find all these meltdowns hilarious! Awesome thread though. ALL SPURS FANS STAND UP!!!!!

DMC
06-03-2012, 02:54 AM
And it's still 2-2.

Of course. So it's a best of 3 with the Spurs getting two games at home. I prefer that over being down or having 2 games there, but I cannot say I believe the Spurs will win because I don't. Doesn't make me any less of a fan to admit that.

When a team figures you out, and you don't have a stronger suit, you're fucked.

flipspursfan
06-03-2012, 02:59 AM
For some reason, I felt chills watching the game. I think it was the thought of "needing a superstar" in order to win a championship. But this was just one game, the series is tied, both teams protected their home court. I trust in Pop,, I trust in the player, I trust in the system, and I believe.

Dammit and it's Sunday here in the Philippines, right before going to church :lol

sendman
06-03-2012, 03:10 AM
"Time to separate the real from the fakes"

And here I am, all excited, because I thought it's BRAVATAR TIME!:depressed

Ahhhh, good old days.

100%duncan
06-03-2012, 04:04 AM
For some reason, I felt chills watching the game. I think it was the thought of "needing a superstar" in order to win a championship. But this was just one game, the series is tied, both teams protected their home court. I trust in Pop,, I trust in the player, I trust in the system, and I believe.

Dammit and it's Sunday here in the Philippines, right before going to church :lol

Yeah. I had a hard time hearing mass. I attended a 12 noon mass so it was really hard to concentrate. :lol

TE
06-03-2012, 04:08 AM
Of course. So it's a best of 3 with the Spurs getting two games at home. I prefer that over being down or having 2 games there, but I cannot say I believe the Spurs will win because I don't. Doesn't make me any less of a fan to admit that.

When a team figures you out, and you don't have a stronger suit, you're fucked.

Best post I've read since the fallout. Spot on.

OKC has figured out a way to defend and score on the Spurs. Now, the Spurs have to adjust. It's their turn to move the chess piece.

smaka
06-03-2012, 04:09 AM
The Spurs will win this series.

:toast

100%duncan
06-03-2012, 04:34 AM
It was nice to see most guys still have it in them. As I said, if you don't you can gtfo.

Cow Eye
06-03-2012, 05:09 AM

Yep. Our big three definitely didn't play like superstars for the past two games. They better step up and pull their heads out of their asses.

nhan
06-03-2012, 05:14 AM
Fuck the Thunder. I used to like them, but now, fuck that.

I Believe.

ilovethespurs
06-03-2012, 07:26 AM

Was at Mass too in the morning only to come home and find out the Thunder won. It ruined my Sunday tbh. But I believe Duncan's legacy is on the line here and Tim will rise up to the challenge in Game 5, and so will the rest of the team. I believe in the words of Sir Winston Churchill, during the darkest moments of Britain in World War II, this will be the Spurs' "finest hour"!! :ihit:flag::lobt2:

The Reckoning
06-03-2012, 07:28 AM
really though spurs got this because of home court advantage. its all on the fans now to use all that stored up fat from queso baths and chimichanga cakes and burn it for some raw home cooking excitement. off your lazy asses SA.

LASToog36
06-03-2012, 07:41 AM
i see durant as the new kobe to the spurs.. FUCK that Puto!!! hope he tairs an ACL

with that said ...the thunder may believe but the spurs dont have tooo.....

GoSPURSGo!!!

100%duncan
06-03-2012, 09:05 AM
i see durant as the new kobe to the spurs.. FUCK that Puto!!! hope he tairs an ACL

with that said ...the thunder may believe but the spurs dont have tooo.....

GoSPURSGo!!!

That's bad you know.

-21-
06-03-2012, 09:11 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, the doubters have left the building. Now let's go out there and support our team.

Russo21
06-03-2012, 09:16 AM
This team has to show some fire and heart. Fucken anything. We are so soft. We need a Robert Horry/Steve Nash type hipcheck on Harden. An Artest type elbow to Durant. Fucken anything.

100%duncan
06-03-2012, 09:19 AM
This team has to show some fire and heart. Fucken anything. We are so soft. We need a Robert Horry/Steve Nash type hipcheck on Harden. An Artest type elbow to Durant. Fucken anything.

Yeah, it's softness and has nothing to do with their bigs shooting 22-of-25 ... with most of the damage done away from the rim. And nothing to do with Durant turning into a 6-foot-10 Michael Jordan down the stretch.

This is the same Spurs team that won 20 straight games. The same level of softness. The same level of toughness. Even when times were going good, they weren't laying out the opposition or doing any of that thuggish stuff you fantasize about.

The Spurs are the Spurs.

You're either in or you're out. Coming and going when you please is fair-weathered, Mr. Fair-Weather.

Russo21
06-03-2012, 09:22 AM
Agree and disagree. Nobody in here was complaining when Horry sent Nash into the scorers table...

100%duncan
06-03-2012, 09:23 AM
Agree and disagree. Nobody in here was complaining when Horry sent Nash into the scorers table...

LJ was talking about this year's Spurs. Not Horry Era Spurs.

Russo21
06-03-2012, 09:26 AM
Horry era spurs won a championship, no?

100%duncan
06-03-2012, 09:28 AM
Horry era spurs won a championship, no?

So? They won a championship by injuring the adversary?

Russo21
06-03-2012, 09:29 AM
And? Are you complaining about that?

100%duncan
06-03-2012, 09:30 AM
And? Are you complaining about that?

Answer my question. Did they win a championship by injuring the adversary?

Russo21
06-03-2012, 09:33 AM
Can't say. How am i supposed to know if we woulda won or lost if it wasnt for that.

100%duncan
06-03-2012, 09:34 AM
Can't say. How am i supposed to know if we woulda won or lost if it wasnt for that.

:lmao

Russo21
06-03-2012, 09:36 AM
Yeah that was funny

100%duncan
06-03-2012, 09:38 AM
I know, :lol.

mVp
06-03-2012, 09:49 AM
Spurs in fucking 7

Horse
06-03-2012, 09:52 AM
Hell yeah Fuck the doubters!

TampaDude
06-03-2012, 09:56 AM
Spurs in fucking 7

Nope. 6.

We cruise in Game 5 and then hand the Thunder their first home playoff loss and win the WCF in 6.

Book.

It.

:hat

tkang456
06-03-2012, 10:30 AM
i came out of retirement like bruce bowen possessing kwahi to post in this thread. I fucking believe. I believe we win the next two and the thunder, who look a little bit too much like the mavericks of 3-4 years ago, come to their senses and take the ass fucking they know they deserve.

Fuck the thunder. Fuck their fake ass primadona entitled asses. Monday, the spurs rape that shit like a rich white girl on the front page of cnn.

I. Fucking. Believe.

right on bro!

Spurs9
06-03-2012, 10:43 AM
I'm suprised how many fake fans were already pulling the ripcord on this series yesterday in the 2nd quarter tbh.

ginobili fan
06-03-2012, 10:53 AM
I must admitt OKC is an above average team.
I apologize for thinking there were BS.
Still let's do it with manner Spurs in 6.

2centsworth
06-03-2012, 10:54 AM
I thought we would win in five, but didn't anticipate some of our players coming up so small. Regardless, looks like us in 7

Dingle Barry
06-03-2012, 10:56 AM
I believe.

AztecSpur
06-03-2012, 11:11 AM
And it's still 2-2.

KL is good but not that good if the big 3 are tanking!

Yuixafun
06-03-2012, 11:22 AM
We are not equal with OKC. The Spurs would not have lost to OKC by 25 points in the regular season because Brooks would not have made the adjustments to get there. He has now because he's had 2 games to do so (3 now). Durant didn't do anything until the 4th and he decided to, and when he did we couldn't get a single stop. Westbrook was quiet as was Harden minus a couple timely shots and we couldn't stop people who normally don't contribute much on offense. Pop didn't really make any real adjustments and instead went right back to the same shit that didn't work in game 3. Sure it was closer, thanks to some gutsy performance by a rookie and some timing on subs with OKC, but it's been Duncan in the low block forcing up shots, missing (air balling) at close range, not finishing well (until late in the game) and missing FTs. Manu is a turnover machine and seems out of synch with the rest of the team. Parker is neutralized. Tiago is a liability now. We are resting our hopes on a rookie, no ACLs, making love to pressure and home cooking tbh.

:(:(:(

Yuixafun
06-03-2012, 11:25 AM
I think the Spurs should stop worrying about what the other teams players are gonna do...

that's a reactionary mindset.

Those young men are stepping up and playing out of their mind, or maybe they have attained a new level...?

We can't 'hope' they come back down to Earth.

Belief needs to placed in themselves... like Jax said and just put it all out there and when the dust settles see who is victorious.

But Spurs can't play timid, halfhearted, waiting for the other team to fail or for us to get bailed out.

Yuixafun
06-03-2012, 11:28 AM
I must admitt OKC is an above average team.
I apologize for thinking there were BS.
Still let's do it with manner Spurs in 6.

I knew they were talented and feisty, resilient.

I just didn't think they were, disciplined or smart enough.

I also didn't think they would find they had that other gear...

It's like when you been working out for 2 years, and you never really noticed how much stronger that you've gotten until you had to use that strength.

Sa_Spursfan20
06-03-2012, 11:34 AM
:toast

Spurs fans just have to have faith. Once they rediscover their rhythm, I believe they'll take down the Thunder.

Harry Callahan
06-03-2012, 11:38 AM
SpursTalk Crew,

Did Jackson and Manu foul out at the very end of the game last night using the intentional foul? I did not get to see the game live last night.

It's very hard for a player to collect six fouls in 22-24 minutes like Jack and Manu did unless some touch fouls or intentional fouls occurred. Maybe some offensive fouls came into play as well. I was shocked those two guys were disqualified in such limited playing time.

Manu is going to have to take the ball hard to the rim and get 10-12 free throws to get SA over the top in the next game. Pressure must be applied to the OKC interior somehow and Manu has to be a big part of that. That will allow the deep shooters to have the extra half second to get a clean 3 PT shot off on drive and kicks. I know Manu is older now, but for a handful of games, I just have to believe he can be "the man".

TP has to get it going again as well, obviously. He can do it - he knows he has to be more effective than he was in games 3-4.

I cannot believe that OKC will continue to have its secondary players hit 80-90% of their shots.

SA has to get the 55% FG rate of OKC down to 45% and attack the basket regularly. Get their guys in some foul trouble, for a change.

BTW, what the Spurs have done this year and hopefully continue to do for through another series is rare. 35 and 36 year old core players are not supposed to be in serious contention for NBA titles like Duncan and Manu. An yet here they are with a realistic opportunity to win the whole thing. Everyone on the Spurs roster is healthy for the first time in five years in a playoff run and they are very tough to beat.

Appreciate the now of this season and appreciate this Spurs core for what its done for a long long period of time. Most high level NBA teams seriously contend for titles for 3-4 years and fall back to the pack. This has been a 15 year run now. Regardless of the outcome of this year's playoffs, I think the Spurs will be in the hunt next year too. We have too many high quality, smart players not to.

I can almost guarantee you that as good as OKC looks at the moment, and as promising as their future appears to be, that core group will not be fully retained long term by the OKC management. The salary cap, egos, and selfishness will conspire against them.

There is a high probability of an NBA title or two for their group in the near future (hopefully not this year). However, I think the Westbrook, Hardin combination will blow up in their face at some point. They do a lot of the same things and Westbrook in particular can be really up and down in his play as well as attitude. The Thunder has taken advantage of lottery picks in the 2-4 range in 2007-2009. The Spurs have had ONE lottery pick since 1997 and had to trade a quality player (G. Hill) to do that.

I'll wrap up my one long-winded post for this series by saying I have a feeling the Spurs will figure out a way to grind this series out and move on to the next one. The NBA championship is still a realistic, attainable goal this year with all our guys healthy. Tony, Manu, and Jack will be special tomorrow night and help out TD and Leonard a lot more than last night. The opportunity for LOB #5 is still there. Six more wins is not an unrealistic goal.

moisaenz
06-03-2012, 11:42 AM
We are resting our hopes on a rookie, no ACLs, making love to pressure and home cooking tbh.

That is all its going to take....

Yuixafun
06-03-2012, 11:45 AM
SpursTalk Crew,

Did Jackson and Manu foul out at the very end of the game last night using the intentional foul? I did not get to see the game live last night.

It's very hard for a player to collect six fouls in 22-24 minutes like Jack and Manu did unless some touch fouls or intentional fouls occurred. Maybe some offensive fouls came into play as well. I was shocked those two guys were disqualified in such limited playing time.

Manu is going to have to take the ball hard to the rim and get 10-12 free throws to get SA over the top in the next game. Pressure must be applied to the OKC interior somehow and Manu has to be a big part of that. That will allow the deep shooters to have the extra half second to get a clean 3 PT shot off on drive and kicks. I know Manu is older now, but for a handful of games, I just have to believe he can be "the man".

TP has to get it going again as well, obviously. He can do it - he knows he has to be more effective than he was in games 3-4.

I cannot believe that OKC will continue to have its secondary players hit 80-90% of their shots.

SA has to get the 55% FG rate of OKC down to 45% and attack the basket regularly. Get their guys in some foul trouble, for a change.

BTW, what the Spurs have done this year and hopefully continue to do for through another series is rare. 35 and 36 year old core players are not supposed to be in serious contention for NBA titles like Duncan and Manu. An yet here they are with a realistic opportunity to win the whole thing. Everyone on the Spurs roster is healthy for the first time in five years in a playoff run and they are very tough to beat.

Appreciate the now of this season and appreciate this Spurs core for what its done for a long long period of time. Most high level NBA teams seriously contend for titles for 3-4 years and fall back to the pack. This has been a 15 year run now. Regardless of the outcome of this year's playoffs, I think the Spurs will be in the hunt next year too. We have too many high quality, smart players not to.

I can almost guarantee you that as good as OKC looks at the moment, and as promising as their future appears to be, that core group will not be fully retained long term by the OKC management. The salary cap, egos, and selfishness will conspire against them long term.

There is a high probability of an NBA title or two for their group in the near future (hopefully not this year). However, I think the Westbrook, Hardin combination will blow up in their face at some point. They do a lot of the same things and Westbrook in particular can be really up and down in his play as well as attitude. The Thunder has take advantage of lottery picks in the 2-4 range in 2007-2009.

I'll wrap up my one long-winded post for this series by saying I have a feeling the Spurs will figure out a way to grind this series out and move on to the next one. The NBA championship is still a realistic, attainable goal this year with all our guys healthy. Tony, Manu, and Jack will be special tomorrow night and help out TD and Leonard a lot more than last night. The opportunity for LOB #5 is still there.

:flag:

If Tim Ducan really wants to win that Bill Russell Finals Trophy... now would be the time to go super saiyan.

TDMVPDPOY
06-03-2012, 11:59 AM
3/4 of team play like horseshit that doesnt wanna win a ring besides KL and jax...

Legacy
06-03-2012, 01:23 PM

That is all.

Yep. Nuff said. :tu

ginobili fan
06-03-2012, 01:27 PM
cant fu**ng wait for game 5!!!
been a while we're had a game of this importance.

TampaDude
06-03-2012, 03:21 PM
Spurs are finally being tested, tbh...

Dingle Barry
06-03-2012, 04:23 PM
Rise

dylankerouac
06-03-2012, 04:52 PM
*fast clap*

Fight Spurs Fight!

spurspokesman
06-03-2012, 05:22 PM
Nothing good comes easy. Im riding with the spurs till the sun burn out!!!!

DDUBB1770
06-03-2012, 06:30 PM
In for the win spurs since 85' go spurs go!!!! BELIEVE!!!!!!

100%duncan
06-03-2012, 08:00 PM
Good to see we have more real than fakes. Unfortunately some people are still pulling the plug. :toast to the guys who believe

:flag:Go Spurs Go!:flag:

TXstbobcat
06-03-2012, 09:19 PM
Monday night can't get here soon enough. Spurs will go up 3-2. I still think this one goes 7 with the spurs winning game 7 at home.

HI-FI
06-04-2012, 05:47 PM
good thread. I don't know if my faith in the team will have any effect on what happens, there's so much beyond our control, beginning with the shitty officiating.

but I do have faith that this team and organization aren't a bunch of hacks. Great owner, legendary coach, great mixture of oldies but goodies, youth, hungry vets etc...plus a city that has been a big part of my life, for good and bad times.

I just know that this team isn't gonna bend over and give up, especially to a young and cocky team. I have faith that coaches and team will do their best to iron out the kinks and make a stand.

I really believe we'll explode on the THunder this game. I wouldn't be shocked if Bonner makes a couple of 3s. Starting with Game 5, I believe we'll start to shatter the Thunder's arrogance.

Budkin
06-04-2012, 05:55 PM
Tony and Manu will be back on track tonight. The team was getting back into form at the end of game 4 and that will carry over. Spurs got this!

Beaverfuzz
06-04-2012, 06:21 PM
Go Spurs Go!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-04-2012, 06:24 PM
This is the reason why I don't panic and still believe. The following games will tell if we deserve the 5th or not. Its.Not.Supposed.To.Be.Easy.

Exactly. This is what pisses me off about so many bandwagon fans - a sense of entitlement, as if the Spurs simply deserve to win (they don't, they have to earn it), and that it's meant to be easy. BULLSHIT.

Anything worthwhile in life generally takes hard work and perseverance, and usually invloves some heartbreaking setbacks. Only the strong and committed survive the tough tests.

I know this team is tough and committed... whether they're tougher and more committed than the upstart Thunder is yet to be seen, but if they lose then they were definitely beaten by a worthy opponent, disappointing as that may be.

Spurs in 7.

:ihit :flag: :ihit