PDA

View Full Version : it's simple: what got us that 20 game winning streak?

MANUUU
06-03-2012, 01:17 AM
honestly, if ibaka goes 11/11 and perkins is playing like that, you can't do anything about it. yes durant went off at the end of the fourth, but by that time it's too late already.

what i've noticed is spurs aren't playing as a team like they used to. they seem to have forgotten what gave them that 20 game winning streak. it was the "surgical" system of passing as a team. i am so surprised that they just let OKC steal our "identity" and they're looking like us! they're passing and making nice cuts. it's sad. but we've become them and they've become us. yes OKC's defense is reallyyy good, but there's plenty of room for US playing better. yes green is off, but i saw TOO MANY plays when blair came in, and he would roll to the basket wide open and manu or tony didn't find him. and mostly, i still don't see the effort. what has gotten into our team? they're playing like they don't want it anymore...

what happened to parker? he never gives up that easily... he didn't have it THAT hard today, it seemed like he had the seams he wanted, but couldn't deliver. a lot of 1 on 1 basketball to me. all i can say is... what happened? ...:depressed

LakerHater
06-03-2012, 01:19 AM
Yeah, I aint too worried!
Spurs got game 5 then gotta steal game 6 if not Spurs end it in 7... No Biggie!
:flag:

MANUUU
06-03-2012, 01:27 AM
I've always believed, but you have to admit, things aren't looking too good. i understand it was probably LIKELY that we would lose game 3 because they're playing with desperation to not go down 3-0 but we didnt just lose, we got BEAT, and that's scary. game 4 was even scarier because we didn't respond. i just hope we can start to play better. AS A TEAM. who cares if green is off, bonner is off, if we AT LEAST give ourselves a chance and not TURN THE BALL OVER and make SLOPPY plays, we'd be alright.

MANUUU
06-03-2012, 01:29 AM
i was trying so hard to look for positives in this game going into game 5 at home, and i really couldn't. the ONLY person i saw the fire in, was captain jack... oh and kawhi, but that says a lot when the only 2 people who show the fire is a rookie, and a player you just picked up late in the season..

therealtruth
06-03-2012, 01:37 AM
You can actually contest the shot. It's harder to hit contested shots. It requires more effort however.

MANUUU
06-03-2012, 01:38 AM
effort is something the BIG 3 need to re-learn

DMC
06-03-2012, 01:39 AM
Ignore that "fire" you're talking about. Tim never had it and he's one of the greatest of all time. It's about fundamental basketball which includes everyone knowing where to be and getting there, active hands on defense and contesting shots as well as knowing and running the offensive schemes and adjusting to their defense on the fly.

It's not about that look in their eye or that swagger. If it was, Bynum would still be playing.

MANUUU
06-03-2012, 01:44 AM
"fire" in terms of wanting it. timmy didn't win his rings from playing wise with just enough energy to accomplish the task.

Sean Cagney
06-03-2012, 01:47 AM
Ignore that "fire" you're talking about. Tim never had it and he's one of the greatest of all time. It's about fundamental basketball which includes everyone knowing where to be and getting there, active hands on defense and contesting shots as well as knowing and running the offensive schemes and adjusting to their defense on the fly.

It's not about that look in their eye or that swagger. If it was, Bynum would still be playing.

I disagree there, I seen Tim look like he was just head above heals on the court on any player out there and pumping his fist and just wanting it so hard he willed his team to victory! This quite a few times! LOL TIM Never having fire, you are way off there bro. 03 LA, 05 Pistons game 7 etc. etc. he has done it! 03 NJ! Tim has been there and turned that FIRE ON. He had that look in his eye, you are wrong there on several fronts.

BTW BYNUM hardly has that look in his damn eyes, he just looks lost alot of times or just mad or all over the place! I have not seen him take over a series yet, period.
"fire" in terms of wanting it. timmy didn't win his rings from playing wise with just enough energy to accomplish the task.

Yep, this is the truth......

MANUUU
06-03-2012, 01:57 AM
Thank you Sean! haha i didn't know how to put it, but that's exactly what i meant. when duncan dunked over ibaka in this series, THAT FIRE!