PDA

View Full Version : Who will start in game 5 : SJax or Manu?

Paranoid Pop
06-03-2012, 05:41 AM
We know it's coming, Pop has to make a move.

Both would beneficiate from playing with TP, they're aren't the best ballhandler but playing with TP would help with that and in turn it would help take some playmaking duties off of TP, making him more efficient over the duration of the game hopefully.

Some may think it's overkill since he already has Diaw but I don't, in like 75% of the quarters played so far we struggled scoring the ball (and when we didn't TP/Manu were in god mode, can't rely on that happening at will), time to stop messing around and change things up.

Like Kenny said and it rang very true, there's just too much (defensive) pressure on our two stars playmakers as it is with our frontline getting epicly owned like it has been.

I expect Tim to figure it out to some extend with some film viewing and at least match OKC's frontline scoring output but I also expect to see some change in the starting lineup.

Case for SJax :
- great leader, mental toughness off the charts, that's crucial for a huge game 5
- arguably the best Durant defender, unparalleled talent for pissing off the guy he's defending
- better starting five defensively -> more opportunities to run

Cons :
- does he have it in him to play big minutes or is he too much of a TOSB?
- waste one of SJax-Kawhi on Sefolosha on the defensive end even tho Kawhi on Westbrook could be intriguing with TP on Sefolosha

Case for Manu :
- best playmaker on the team, the starting lineup would be the best offensive unit we could come up with bar none with our top 3 playmakers on the floor at once
- more time off the ball, that's when he's at his best, ballhandling duties decrease the quality of his play overall imo
- can rest on Sefolosha in the defensive end which could allow him to play more minutes than usual

Cons :
- CoM will get anal about the number of his touches two minutes into the game

I'm not even sure at this point, last night I was hoping the rumor relayed by Monroe that Manu could be starting game 4 was true but now I kinda hope for SJax. SJax Kawhi can free TP from defensive duties while Manu would help balance the defensive pressure they're both facing offensively. What do yoiu want/expect to see?

The Reckoning
06-03-2012, 05:46 AM
jax

MannyIsGod
06-03-2012, 05:47 AM
Danny Green

sehui
06-03-2012, 06:05 AM
danny green is really hurting his value right now

Paranoid Pop
06-03-2012, 06:11 AM
Danny Green

Maybe. Maybe the only thing that changes is Blair moving up in the bigs' rotation.

Ice009
06-03-2012, 06:15 AM
I'd love Sjax to start but I am not sure we can afford to do it in case the refs call early fouls on him.

06-03-2012, 07:01 AM
Spurs be scared Okc is not scared......

Spurs Brazil
06-03-2012, 07:07 AM
Start Green. If he keeps missing sit him and go with the others.

The Reckoning
06-03-2012, 07:08 AM
green better be in the gym at this moment stroking threes.

TMTTRIO
06-03-2012, 08:42 AM
SJAX. If Manu continues with his bad decision making and bad play I hope he continues to only get 20 minutes.

Mr Fundamental
06-03-2012, 08:48 AM
Manu made 12 asists and 15 TO's in this series.

Whether you start him or not, Manu must minimize the TO's and make more plays for our role players.

TJastal
06-03-2012, 08:54 AM
Despite the shooting slump I liked what I saw from Green in game 4. He doesn't look fatigued to me, looks very quick and active and he isn't hesitating when he gets the opportunity to shoot. He's been a streaky shooter all year long and unfortunately he hit a slump at the worst possible time. Hopefully game 5 will be his breakout game, otherwise Pop has to give his minutes to Neal.

-21-
06-03-2012, 08:55 AM
Maybe. Maybe the only thing that changes is Blair moving up in the bigs' rotation.

This. I say give Green one last chance since we're playing at home.

CGD
06-03-2012, 09:56 AM
Say what you want about his offense, but I think Danny Green's work on Westbrook has been decent.

Paranoid Pop
06-03-2012, 10:02 AM
Say what you want about his offense, but I think Danny Green's work on Westbrook has been decent.

I feel like TP has be on him mostly, no sure if it's just an impression or not tho.

Basketball Power
06-03-2012, 10:04 AM
Jax = toughness and heart

This is our gm7, green is choking we can't be playing him

Wild Cobra Kai
06-03-2012, 11:18 AM
Danny Green

Yup. The hook might be quicker, but if he's going to do anything, it has to be as a starter. He's streaky enough to drop 5 treys on them, but he'll never do it off the bench.

therealtruth
06-03-2012, 11:13 PM
I want SJax so we can put Kawhi on Westbrook. We've got to force OKC to turnover the ball and make their passes more difficult. Danny Green is too short and can't hit his shots anyway.