PDA

View Full Version : Durant or Lebron

ChrisRichards
06-03-2012, 10:41 AM
This year. If you want to win a championship. Do you pick Lebron or Durant?

The Reckoning
06-03-2012, 10:54 AM
i see what you did there

HarlemHeat37
06-03-2012, 11:11 AM
Lebron crushes Durant in virtually every statistical category, and he's unquestionably more valuable to his team(by a large margin)..Lebron is the better rebounder, passer and defensive player..

Lebron has also went up against superior defensive teams in the playoffs, with one of his big 3 missing, too..

Durant is the more clutch player and better shooter, those are his only advantages..

Goran Dragic
06-03-2012, 11:17 AM
You have to win on the road to win in the playoffs, and I'll take Lebron to do that over Durant.

Goran Dragic
06-03-2012, 11:21 AM
That might change if OKC wins this series, but I don't see them winning one in SA.

KD4MVP
06-03-2012, 11:29 AM
You have to win on the road to win in the playoffs, and I'll take Lebron to do that over Durant.

Who exactly has Miami played?

A Knicks team without Lin, Shump, and Amare on one hand?

Indiana who would be the 6th-8th best team in the West?

Boston, i respect, but they have a ton of injuries.

And OKC has won games in Dal, LAL, and have had by far a tougher road thus far then LeBron this year, not close.

KD4MVP
06-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Lebron crushes Durant in virtually every statistical category, and he's unquestionably more valuable to his team(by a large margin)..Lebron is the better rebounder, passer and defensive player..

Lebron has also went up against superior defensive teams in the playoffs, with one of his big 3 missing, too..

Durant is the more clutch player and better shooter, those are his only advantages..

Yeah, those Knicks are the 90's Bulls defensively, same with Indiana :lmao

I'll give you Boston.

Goran Dragic
06-03-2012, 11:37 AM

And OKC has won games in Dal, LAL, and have had by far a tougher road thus far then LeBron this year, not close.
Lebron's game 5 win in Detroit in the 2007 playoffs was 10x as impressive as any playoff road win from Durant. I'm not just considering this year, I'm talking career.

Even with Wade, Lebron has to do more for Miami to win than Durant does for OKC to win. He's still far superior at making his teammates better than Durant is.

KD4MVP
06-03-2012, 11:47 AM
Lebron's game 5 win in Detroit in the 2007 playoffs was 10x as impressive as any playoff road win from Durant. I'm not just considering this year, I'm talking career.

Even with Wade, Lebron has to do more for Miami to win than Durant does for OKC to win. He's still far superior at making his teammates better than Durant is.

I don't disagree, that was one of the best playoff performances of all-time.

Durant is just 23, his career is just getting started :toast

Never argued that, i've said many times, he's the best player in the game, but with the game on the line, gimme KD.

Ace
06-03-2012, 11:52 AM

Lakers and Mavericks were shells of their former selves. Not even close to the teams that beat OKC the previous two years.

Goran Dragic
06-03-2012, 11:53 AM
I don't disagree, that was one of the best playoff performances of all-time.

Durant is just 23, his career is just getting started :toast

Never argued that, i've said many times, he's the best player in the game, but with the game on the line, gimme KD.
And as I said, if Durant finds a way to win this series, my opinion might change. I want to see him win a series where OKC doesn't have HCA.

KD4MVP
06-03-2012, 11:55 AM
Lakers and Mavericks were shells of their former selves. Not even close to the teams that beat OKC the previous two years.

Dallas, probably, they still have Dirk who is still a beast, a good enough role players, and a great coach in Carlisle.

Lakers had Kobe, Bynum, Gasol, Artest, and Sessions had good games at times.

Were they what they were in 09-10, no, but still better then anything Miami has played this postseason.

Ace
06-03-2012, 12:02 PM

Ok so what exactly are you trying to accomplish in this thread if you agree with Lebron being the better player?

KD4MVP
06-03-2012, 12:19 PM
So tell me how Miami is a better team then OKC?

Based off what, your homerism?!?!

Ace
06-03-2012, 12:24 PM
So tell me how Miami is a better team then OKC?

Based off what, your homerism?!?!

:lol I still don't take you serious enough. Walking on egg shells a couple days ago, not giving the Thunder a chance and now look at you. You're a joke...

KD4MVP
06-03-2012, 12:30 PM
:lol I still don't take you serious enough. Walking on egg shells a couple days ago, not giving the Thunder a chance and now look at you. You're a joke...

:lol Well, all they did was protect home-court, they still have to win a game in SA, and that will be extremely tough.

They were down 0-2, odds are still for SA to win the series, Game 5 should be a good one.

ElNono
06-03-2012, 12:32 PM
Lebron is the most complete player in the league, despite his well known flaws.

Obviously, this is a team game, and that's why he won't ring this season again, but not entirely his fault (or Wade's fault) at all.

Ace
06-03-2012, 12:35 PM
:lol Well, all they did was protect home-court, they still have to win a game in SA, and that will be extremely tough.

They were down 0-2, odds are still for SA to win the series, Game 5 should be a good one.

Still days ago you were hoping not to get swept and saying the Spurs were too good, I called you out on giving up. Now you're posting threads calling Durant the best closer. Front running at it's best. Quite sad tbh

ChrisRichards
06-03-2012, 12:42 PM
Lebron has also went up against superior defensive teams in the playoffs, with one of his big 3 missing, too...
I'm going to play devils advocate. Lebron faced Indiana and NY. The Celtics are obviously a broken down and older team. Durant faced Shawn Marion, Artest and is now facing quite possibly the second best defnesive team in the playoffs and he's holding down thee forth quite well.

Lebron is the most complete player in the league, despite his well known flaws.
Lebron has 1 flaw in his remarkable game but unfortunately this happens to be the biggest factor in deciding games.

If I want to win a championship this year and I want one man to take my team to championship, as much as I love Lebron, I'd pick Durant at this point and time. Lebron's just too unreliable in clutch situations.

LkrFan
06-03-2012, 12:47 PM

This. KD > LeHype

LkrFan
06-03-2012, 12:48 PM

How did 2007 end for LeHype? Shows you how much of a joke the EC was that year.

KD4MVP
06-03-2012, 12:55 PM
Still days ago you were hoping not to get swept and saying the Spurs were too good, I called you out on giving up. Now you're posting threads calling Durant the best closer. Front running at it's best. Quite sad tbh

Spurs are still too good, both of these teams are great, it's the best series of these playoffs so far, great basketball.

And i've said before KD is the best closer in the game, nothing really can change my argument, he's ice cool in the clutch.

ChrisRichards
06-03-2012, 01:17 PM
:lol@ Kobe's 2 votes

#41 Shoot Em Up
06-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Like Durant..... but gotta go with Lebron. Nigga is a better all around player

DMC
06-03-2012, 01:23 PM
Lebron is one of the most well rounded players the league has ever seen. He instantly makes a team a playoff contender.

Durant is passive, tries to fit into the system and allows Westbrook to dictate the offense. He's the best scorer in the league, but only because Lebron shares a role with Wade. He's the best shooter, I think. Lebron is top 2 defensive player in the league, top 2 offensive player. You don't get much more rounded than that. I'd take his defense over just about anyone else in the league. You have to factor in FT shooting. People seem to dismiss that but it's huge and Durant is a beast at the line, like Dirk. That shit wins games and series.

Now he if can just get over the choke factor, but Durant still has to prove he can make it to the Finals before we can see if he's as clutch as we think he is. He was great in the FIBA games.

LiamNeeson'shero
06-03-2012, 01:48 PM
i voted kobe just for shits and giggles

ChrisRichards
06-03-2012, 02:17 PM
Durant is passive, tries to fit into the system and allows Westbrook to dictate the offense. .
Dude, WB is a ball dominant guard. Of course he'll dictate the offense.

He's the best scorer in the league, but only because Lebron shares a role with Wade..
Dude, KD shares a role with WB.

Now he if can just get over the choke factor, but Durant still has to prove he can make it to the Finals before we can see if he's as clutch as we think he is. He was great in the FIBA games.

It would be nice to see Lebron and KD in this years Finals. FTLOG, PMIH!

Koolaid_Man
06-03-2012, 04:51 PM
Like Durant..... but gotta go with Lebron. Nigga is a better all around player

41 my man..just remember Lebron is 0-2 in the finals and will be 0-3 after this season...with the game on the line I want Durant with the ball....Lebron hates the big shot moments :toast

Latarian Milton
06-03-2012, 08:17 PM
im not a bron fan at all personally and i only want him to win because he plays for our team, if there's a bron-durant swap offer available we'd accept it in a heartbeat

JRHernandez88
06-03-2012, 11:29 PM
Give me the one with the clutch gene.

JRHernandez88
06-03-2012, 11:31 PM
Dude, WB is a ball dominant guard. Of course he'll dictate the offense.

Dude, KD shares a role with WB.

It would be nice to see Lebron and KD in this years Finals. FTLOG, PMIH!
Nice sig bro, I've never seen that before. Awesome way to look at it.

TampaDude
06-03-2012, 11:35 PM
During the first 47 minutes of the game, LeBron.

When you need a buzzer beater, Durant.

LeBron and DWade are a combined 0-7 in the clutch.

Jacob1983
06-03-2012, 11:46 PM
I'm going with doodoo jump.

dbreiden83080
06-03-2012, 11:50 PM
Durant and people have to be kidding me if they feel otherwise. Skip Bayless has Lebron's number.. Nobody stuffs the stats sheet like Lebron but also nobody is more scared of the big moment.. Lebron is terrified of failure..

Jacob1983
06-04-2012, 12:01 AM
Why doesn't everyone inlcuding Lebron just accept reality? He can't be a leader on a team. He is Robin and Wade is Batman. Just let Wade shoot the shot or let Chalmers shoot.

Technique
06-04-2012, 12:18 AM
You replace Durant with LeBron and I won't be watching the NBA.

Kai
06-04-2012, 04:11 PM
Retarded ass checkbox poll when you only want one answer SMDH

HarlemHeat37
06-04-2012, 09:17 PM
Durant's supporting cast, just doing what they do, tbh..

Durant is 1-6 at the half, yet they have an 8-point lead in the most important game of the WCF..

LkrFan
06-04-2012, 11:41 PM
The debate ends tonight. KD >> LeHype and his superficial stats. :tu

Do you disagree HH?

namlook
06-05-2012, 12:24 AM
I take the player that wins. Lebron is more physically talented than anyone but so were Wilt and Shaq.