PDA

View Full Version : So how important is game 5 to Danny Green?

baseline bum
06-03-2012, 01:39 PM
I would say it's of critical importance for his upcoming contract. If he can recapture the level of play he had for most of the season and the first two rounds, he's probably looking at $4 million per year or so on his next contract, and probably 3 years guaranteed. If he keeps flaming out though, I think he's looking at not a lot more than minimum money and no long term deal. A good showing tomorrow and in the rest of the playoffs could earn him the kind of inflated contract we saw with guys like DeShawn Stevenson, Jaren Jackson, etc. So on top of everything else happening, I think this game could very well determine Green's market value for next season. No pressure or anything. :lol

benstanfield
06-03-2012, 01:41 PM
But then I almost want Green to underperform so we can resign him and Diaw and get Lorbek and De Colo. In my fantasy world this is feasable, along with getting Duncan back.

The Reckoning
06-03-2012, 01:49 PM
But then I almost want Green to underperform so we can resign him and Diaw and get Lorbek and De Colo. In my fantasy world this is feasable, along with getting Duncan back.

i prefer a :lobt: over your dynasty mode

Basketball Power
06-03-2012, 01:53 PM

Give me a 5th title over your hypothetical bullshit

spursfan1000
06-03-2012, 01:55 PM
He needs to preform well, because this is likely our last shot!

Budkin
06-03-2012, 02:21 PM
He'll get back on track at home.

DMC
06-03-2012, 02:24 PM
I want to win a ring, don't give a shit who gets us there. If Tim retires, it doesn't matter who we bring in under the cap because we're done for a while. Danny needs to hit his shots to spread the defense. Same with anyone taking a 3. Parker needs to avoid taking the three if he can. I don't get the 1st or 2nd option being a Parker 3.

Yuixafun
06-03-2012, 03:27 PM
start neal over green

we need someone who can hit a shot and open up that paint.

SenorSpur
06-03-2012, 03:40 PM
Green is a young role player and we we've seen that young role players always seem to play well at home, but play worse on the roade. That said, I agree with Baseline Bum's position. This next game is extremely critical to Green's future and to a lesser degree, the Spurs success. I don't doubt for a minute that he'll be a Spur next year, but he can set himself with a very nice contract, if he performs well in this next game and for the remainder of these playoffs.

While the Spurs are a good enough team to win without Green, I figure a strong performance from him would translate into a better chance of the Spurs winning.

The pressure is indeed on this young man. For his sake and the sake of the Spurs title chances, I hope he goes on a prolonged run.

ffadicted
06-03-2012, 03:54 PM
He will play better imo... Even with pressure, being at home will calm the kid's nerves imo

spursfaninla
06-03-2012, 04:47 PM
What if he shoots worse that the first two rounds but stilldecently? 40% instead of 45% like before? If he makes 10+ points at 40% from 3 that is good enough. The big contract? I don't know since he has been so streaky i dont know if he can be depended on enough to get more than 2mil/yr tbh. He cant create his own shot and gets left behind defensively on screens consistently.

ElNono
06-03-2012, 04:48 PM
You mean important to his wallet...

timtonymanu
06-03-2012, 05:03 PM
Just please show up, Danny Green.

therealtruth
06-03-2012, 11:03 PM
Why isn't SJax starting? Bring Green off the bench.

DMC
06-03-2012, 11:08 PM
Did anyone think in December you would be praying for Danny Green to come alive in the WCF?

Cant_Be_Faded
06-03-2012, 11:11 PM
Did anyone think in December you would be praying for Danny Green to come alive in the WCF?

Regardless of month, I pray for whoever gets playoff minutes to be alive

100%duncan
06-03-2012, 11:15 PM
He gon be balling tomorrow.

Book that shit.

tesseractive
06-03-2012, 11:30 PM
Why isn't SJax starting? Bring Green off the bench.

SJax isn't going to start unless we play smallball out of the gate. We need him at forward -- for tag teaming Durant and for smallball lineups.

I could see slashing Danny's minutes and going with a 3-man guard rotation of Tony, Manu, and Gary Neal, though. Hopefully Danny will pull it together for game 5 at home, though.

crc21209
06-03-2012, 11:52 PM
Green HAS to show up and play a better game, and I expect him to. Why? Because they'll be at home. Not only will Green play better, but I expect the rest of the supporting cast to step up with the help of the home crowd...

timvp
06-03-2012, 11:58 PM
Yeah, Green does have a lot of money on the line ... not to mention the winning and losing thing.

But, yeah, I hope he scores 200 points even if that means the Spurs can't re-sign him.

Championship >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> losing any role player on this team

sananspursfan21
06-04-2012, 12:00 AM
Yeah, Green does have a lot of money on the line ... not to mention the winning and losing thing.

But, yeah, I hope he scores 200 points even if that means the Spurs can't re-sign him.

Championship >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> losing any role player on this team

200 in a single game huh? That would have to be a franchise record

100%duncan
06-04-2012, 12:01 AM
200 in a single game huh? That would have to be a franchise record

Dets world record bruh.

dbreiden83080
06-04-2012, 12:02 AM
Green and Neal are both huge...

That and more Blair with Jackson on Durant and Bonner's ass permanatly glued to the bench...

100%duncan
06-04-2012, 12:03 AM
Tbh, I would cry a tear if Bonner plays. :cry

crc21209
06-04-2012, 12:07 AM
Green and Neal are both huge...

That and more Blair with Jackson on Durant and Bonner's ass permanatly glued to the bench...

This. And Tiago needs to get his head out of his ass and play the way he was playing during the streak because at times he can be a HUGE part of this team running the pick-n-roll with Manu. He needs to stop being a huge puss and go up strong with the ball and take the midgets to school when they get switched onto him...

Dr. John R. Brinkley
06-04-2012, 12:16 AM
Tiago's vanishing act is a huge bummer. There was a 2 week stretch where he was playing lights out on the block. I guess he's just "whimsical" like that.

dbreiden83080
06-04-2012, 01:08 AM
Tiago's vanishing act is a huge bummer. There was a 2 week stretch where he was playing lights out on the block. I guess he's just "whimsical" like that.

Tony's vanishing act has been more disturbing.. Tim can't drag them across the finish line anymore...

Ice009
06-04-2012, 01:31 AM
Tiago's SOFT. Spurs dumped a guy like Luis Scola who is actually tough and get another soft player in the mold of Bonner, obviously nowhere near as bad and not mentally weak like Bonner, but still very soft at times.

Please prove me wrong Tiago.

therealtruth
06-04-2012, 02:18 AM
This. And Tiago needs to get his head out of his ass and play the way he was playing during the streak because at times he can be a HUGE part of this team running the pick-n-roll with Manu. He needs to stop being a huge puss and go up strong with the ball and take the midgets to school when they get switched onto him...

I think he got injured after that then Pop started messing with his minutes after that. I called it back then that Pop would regret that because we probably would not see the Tiago who could dominate on the block again.

jiggy_55
06-04-2012, 02:24 AM
I'm looking forward to see him explode from downtown tonight.. I can definitely see that coming, and now that he's struggling OKC might keep him open a bit more and I expect Green to bury them.. I honestly think we'll see him score 5+ threes tonight

baseline bum
06-05-2012, 02:24 AM
So minimum salary it is.

DeadlyDynasty
06-05-2012, 02:31 AM
So minimum salary it is.

It's what he deserves