PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having problems with Time Warner lately?

Shaolin-Style
06-03-2012, 02:24 PM
Lately our road runner extreme(drops connection randomly), mobile 4g service(can't even connect half the time anymore,) and even cable(freezes here and there) have been having probs for like the past week.

I'd normally think it's something with our wiring or something but considering the mobile service is having probs too I'm at a loss here

Anyone else having similar problems?

Even as I was posting this it failed cause my connection died.

Biernutz
06-03-2012, 03:35 PM
Our TWC freezes the screen so it looks like a screen shot. Other times the shows skips and the audio sounds like an old Max Headroom show. It also will go to the blue screen of death that says the channel is not available and try later. I think its a bandwidth issue as they don't have enough on your block. They had to put a amplifier on one of my TV's because the signal was too weak. I don't have trouble for the most part with RR but some times it will stop and you just have to wait for it to run again. This happens sometimes on weekday afternoons.
I have had cable TV at my houses for over 20 years but I am now looking at a dish now becase I am tired of this tv crap and not getting what I am paying for from TWC.
I will keep Road Runner though because I don't think ATT is any better.

leemajors
06-03-2012, 04:07 PM
i have tw broadband but directv, love the directv and the cable has been good so far. U-Verse went to shit in Austin over the last two years

Slydragon
06-03-2012, 10:05 PM
My roadrunner was out the other day and when I called to trouble shoot we couldn't get it up so they made an appointment for a tech to come out. Later that night it came back on and been working fine since.

I replace my cable box 2 weeks ago because it would freeze and stuff I recorded would not let me fast forward. Got a new smaller black Cisco box that works fine.

Chachachango
06-03-2012, 10:46 PM
I would give them a call. I had a problem a couple months back were their modem would restart almost every hour/ I called them and they sent a tech. He put a new modem in and it's been working great since then. TW has been good to me so far.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-04-2012, 07:28 AM
Time Warner :lol

Soul_Patch
06-04-2012, 08:11 AM
I dumped Time Warner abotu 3 years ago, and havent looked back.

mrsmaalox
06-04-2012, 10:44 AM
I have TW cable only and I started having those same kind troubles last summer. Exchanging the cable box solved everything. The most painful part was actually having to go to their cluster fuck of an office to do it and then having to go a second time because the new box was even worse than the first. BUT it ended up being worth my while because the clerk (at my second visit) was a really sharp girl and looked over my bill, removed a bunch of bs monthly fees, gave me every premium channel (I only had HBO/Showtime previously) and whole house DVR for $5 less per month than I had been paying. :)

cantthinkofanything
06-04-2012, 10:56 AM
Our TWC freezes the screen so it looks like a screen shot. Other times the shows skips and the audio sounds like an old Max Headroom show. It also will go to the blue screen of death that says the channel is not available and try later. I think its a bandwidth issue as they don't have enough on your block. They had to put a amplifier on one of my TV's because the signal was too weak. I don't have trouble for the most part with RR but some times it will stop and you just have to wait for it to run again. This happens sometimes on weekday afternoons.
I have had cable TV at my houses for over 20 years but I am now looking at a dish now becase I am tired of this tv crap and not getting what I am paying for from TWC.
I will keep Road Runner though because I don't think ATT is any better.

I've had the same issues with UVerse. The feed will stop and you've got to change channels back and forth to get it to start again. So you end up missing several seconds of whatever you were watching.

bus driver
06-04-2012, 11:35 AM
time warner :lol

+1

Shaolin-Style
06-04-2012, 03:15 PM
Well they sent the tech guy today and he gave me a new modem and told me to call back if the problem came back up again

And the people on the phone said it was a problem with a tower or something. The tech supports were just god awful for mobile service, like I had the 3g service still on the mobile connection and the support tells me to uninstall the connection manager and THEN to download the new install for the connection manager...Like hello...you just made me disconnect by uninstalling the damn thing so I can't re-dl it.

And the cable they were just like 'we don't see nothin wrong with it' so I dunno.

Least they're giving me a free month.