PDA

View Full Version : I hate the Thunder and their classless fans.

MavDynasty
06-03-2012, 06:49 PM
i came out of retirement like bruce bowen possessing kwahi to post in this thread. I fucking believe. I believe we win the next two and the thunder, who look a little bit too much like the mavericks of 3-4 years ago, come to their senses and take the ass fucking they know they deserve.

Fuck the thunder. Fuck their fake ass primadona entitled asses. Monday, the spurs rape that shit like a rich white girl on the front page of cnn.

I. Fucking. Believe.

Frenzy
06-03-2012, 06:58 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhh no you don't.

jeebus
06-03-2012, 06:59 PM
Didn't seem like that great of a post to me. "Pop is a shitty coach because he plays one of his players that I don't like because I don't understand why he's being played".

Bonner can suck and it still helps the team because it forces one of OKC's bigs to play him on the perimeter which opens up the lanes which means more offense for everyone who gets into the paint. Bonner's defense is mediocre, yet from a statistical standpoint, this year our offense plays so well with him on the floor (regardless of whether he's hitting threes), that it has vastly outweighed what the defense gives up when he's on the floor (and ironically, it doesn't give up that much more either, barely more).

It's basically moneyball. Bonner helps the team more than just what stats he gets himself. You're essentially saying Pop is a shitty coach because he knows more than you and can look past his ignorance of a player and can understand that he does more than the average fan sees.

If you want proof, look here.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/2012.html

The Spurs don't give up any more points with Bonner out there than Diaw. We even give up more when Jackson's out there, a guy who's defense has been put on a pedestal this postseason by fans.

Of course, Diaw is statistically much better than Bonner at that spot this postseason. . .but he can't play 48 minutes. And he's getting a lot more time because he's better.

So really, what's the alternative to Bonner? Play Blair? The midget PF? People are gonna complain about him too. It's a lose lose situation. We don't have 4 excellent players to be playing at the PF/C positions. We have Duncan, Diaw, Splitter. . .and Bonner/Blair. Duncan, Diaw, and Splitter can't combine for all 96 minutes. They're gonna be tired as hell not only in those specific games but in the series.

In the end, Bonner and/or Blair must be played. Bonner gets played because at least during the season, his impact has been greater than Blair's (on both ends collectively), and because it takes one of Perkins/Ibaka out of the game figuratively or literally. Remember the so called experts bashing Scott Brooks for not playing Ibaka? Yeah, guess why he didn't? :rollin The whole time you were whining about it, it was keeping out Ibaka.

This is chess, not checkers son. Spurs have won 20 straight and you're bitching about our COTY being a bonehead for leading our old ass team that everyone wrote off years ago as too old and needing to blow the team up into prime position to get a 5th title under his reigns. lol, internet.

Now I see you aren't bitching anymore because we're up 2-0 on the Thunder. Your ass needs to stop acting so scared and be confident in the damn team and the coach. They haven't lost in a long ass time so stop bitching.

Floyd Pacquiao
06-03-2012, 07:27 PM
right on brother

fuk okc and their whole wannabe spurs organization

Believe

Latarian Milton
06-03-2012, 08:08 PM
bonner is in fact an excellent player and he's been underused in spurs system which he doesn't fit very well. if he plays for them mavs he would probably split the playing time with dirk at PF, not meaning he's great as dirk but the gap between them ain't really that big as most people see it tbh

The Reckoning
06-03-2012, 08:32 PM
bonner is in fact an excellent player and he's been underused in spurs system which he doesn't fit very well. if he plays for them mavs he would probably split the playing time with dirk at PF, not meaning he's great as dirk but the gap between them ain't really that big as most people see it tbh

:lmao

Clipper Nation
06-03-2012, 08:41 PM
Remember the Sonics :(

DMC
06-03-2012, 11:02 PM
This is true. At least Bonner is still in the hunt (so to speak, kinda like taking a crippled dog along with you, but still)