PDA

View Full Version : Gutless Worms

Venti Quattro
06-03-2012, 06:55 PM
For an organization that's won four championships in a nine season span, they've sure embarrassed themselves plenty of times. And they're in the midst of doing it again.

They've got a team of mostly playoff neophytes that tanks to play them and this is how they respond? Instead of taking it personally and sending a message immediately, they let their confidence, already sky high, go through the roof and confirm that, yes, this team can beat them. They also confirmed to the rest of the league, who disrespected, flat out ignored them or both the entire season that, yes, they are in fact a joke. Not that they were going to be motivated by that, but you'd think they'd want to stick it to all these ass holes. Apparently not.

Not a fucking chance in hell the Lakers or Celtics allow that. Point to the Grizzlies girth in the paint or the fact that the Spurs of the past three seasons have not been in the same class as the Lakers or Celtics all you want. The point is this: They're the two other teams in the league with championship pedigree. They'd have taken pride in knocking an upstart team like this down a peg. They'd have came in, quieted the crowd and re-established control of the series.

What's worse than the fact that this team did none of those things is that they look like the terrified team. All this experience and yet they come out and it's as if they're intimidated by the atmosphere. Inexcusable.

jeebus
06-03-2012, 06:59 PM
Venti, you really want to know what makes this thread better?

Here it is;

Watching you keep bumping it because you are asshurt because I called you out for being a Cuck.

Because you "claim" to have stayed in a relationship where your girl was already being fucked by someone else and you had already read all her sexting to and from another guy and you "claimed" you were only staying for your kid.

Please.

You enjoyed watching her scream while getting pounded like a butcher pounds his steaks into submission.

You keep bumping this thread because you think it affects me negatively-but I wasn't the guy who was pounding your beloved.

Get over it. Move on. Find another piece of ass.

Truth hurts. I feel for you.

Sorry man.

Frenzy
06-03-2012, 07:01 PM
Tell us how you really feel.

Venti Quattro
06-03-2012, 07:01 PM
Venti, you really want to know what makes this thread better?

Here it is;

Watching you keep bumping it because you are asshurt because I called you out for being a Cuck.

Because you "claim" to have stayed in a relationship where your girl was already being fucked by someone else and you had already read all her sexting to and from another guy and you "claimed" you were only staying for your kid.

Please.

You enjoyed watching her scream while getting pounded like a butcher pounds his steaks into submission.

You keep bumping this thread because you think it affects me negatively-but I wasn't the guy who was pounding your beloved.

Get over it. Move on. Find another piece of ass.

Truth hurts. I feel for you.

Sorry man.

At the start of the NBA season you would have been hard pressed to find a fan here who thought the Spurs would be legit contenders to the NBA crown. Hell, even Tony Parker was telling reporters overseas that the Spurs best days were behind them. Even as the Spurs started to play better most in here thought they had seen this before. Had we not just one year prior seen the Spurs go on an amazing regular season run only to be eliminated in embarrassing fashion in the first round of the playoffs?

Somewhere along the line, these Spurs turned us all into believers that an NBA championship was a legitimate possibility. I wondered to myself though - how hungry was this team? Sure, some of the role players who had never won a ring surely wanted one. Gary Neal and Danny Green must surely crave a ring, right? Moreso than the core of this team who has won several tittles together over the past decade, right? Tony had obviously written this team off already so how much did he want it? Duncan is going to go down as an all time great and his skills were in very noticeable decline so how much did he still want to get there?

I know OKC wants it. Durant tonight put on an AMAZING display when the Spurs were on the verge of writing another amazing chapter in their story. Frankly, Durant is everything Lebron James wants to be and is going to be the one who brings many rings to his team in the coming decade. He was magical last night. But aside from that, its obvious the team wants it. They are all HUNGRY.

At the start of this season, I would have been happy if the Spurs had made a playoff run this deep. Making the WCF on the strength of a 20 game win streak and some of the best (probably THE best) offensive basketball I've ever seen would have been a very satisfying way to have this season play out. Given Parker's words, I think that most of the team would actually agree with this.

But this is no longer the start of the NBA season. We've seen what these Spurs are capable of and I'm no longer satisfied with a WCF appearance. I've seen the abilities of this team and I want them to reach the standard they themselves set. Its not enough to have made the WCF with a 20 game win streak. I want more. I hope THEY want more.

And in the end, thats what it all comes down to. Are these Spurs satisfied, or are they hungry? OKC is by far the best team talent wise the Spurs have played but they are also the most hungry. They were close last season when they fell to Dallas; and that failure has only made them hungrier. Sometimes it feels as though they try a bit too hard to see like the tough guys but only because its apparent that what makes them actual tough guys is not their ridiculous stare downs but their inability to fold.

Overcoming such a steadfast determination is what the Spurs have to do if they are going to advance in this series. 2 games ago I bought into the belief that the Spurs were a well oiled machine that would be impossible to stop. I was wrong. OKC can stop them. But the Spurs can over come that. IF they are hungry enough. And in the end, thats what this series will be decided upon. Not talent, not efficiency, not execution but hunger. Does the old guard want it enough to make another run at it or is the new dynasty ready to take over?

Tony Parker doesn't become a top 4 MVP candidate based on talent alone. Kevin Durant doesn't take over a game in the fourth based on talent alone. Tim Duncan doesn't look 8 years younger on talent alone. Ibaka doesn't have the game of a lifetime on talent alone.

Who's the hungriest? Game 5 is going to tell us a lot.

timtonymanu
06-03-2012, 07:07 PM
:lol TD 21
:lol "Thunder aren't a championship contender"

jeebus
06-03-2012, 07:09 PM
At the start of the NBA season you would have been hard pressed to find a fan here who thought the Spurs would be legit contenders to the NBA crown. Hell, even Tony Parker was telling reporters overseas that the Spurs best days were behind them. Even as the Spurs started to play better most in here thought they had seen this before. Had we not just one year prior seen the Spurs go on an amazing regular season run only to be eliminated in embarrassing fashion in the first round of the playoffs?

Somewhere along the line, these Spurs turned us all into believers that an NBA championship was a legitimate possibility. I wondered to myself though - how hungry was this team? Sure, some of the role players who had never won a ring surely wanted one. Gary Neal and Danny Green must surely crave a ring, right? Moreso than the core of this team who has won several tittles together over the past decade, right? Tony had obviously written this team off already so how much did he want it? Duncan is going to go down as an all time great and his skills were in very noticeable decline so how much did he still want to get there?

I know OKC wants it. Durant tonight put on an AMAZING display when the Spurs were on the verge of writing another amazing chapter in their story. Frankly, Durant is everything Lebron James wants to be and is going to be the one who brings many rings to his team in the coming decade. He was magical last night. But aside from that, its obvious the team wants it. They are all HUNGRY.

At the start of this season, I would have been happy if the Spurs had made a playoff run this deep. Making the WCF on the strength of a 20 game win streak and some of the best (probably THE best) offensive basketball I've ever seen would have been a very satisfying way to have this season play out. Given Parker's words, I think that most of the team would actually agree with this.

But this is no longer the start of the NBA season. We've seen what these Spurs are capable of and I'm no longer satisfied with a WCF appearance. I've seen the abilities of this team and I want them to reach the standard they themselves set. Its not enough to have made the WCF with a 20 game win streak. I want more. I hope THEY want more.

And in the end, thats what it all comes down to. Are these Spurs satisfied, or are they hungry? OKC is by far the best team talent wise the Spurs have played but they are also the most hungry. They were close last season when they fell to Dallas; and that failure has only made them hungrier. Sometimes it feels as though they try a bit too hard to see like the tough guys but only because its apparent that what makes them actual tough guys is not their ridiculous stare downs but their inability to fold.

Overcoming such a steadfast determination is what the Spurs have to do if they are going to advance in this series. 2 games ago I bought into the belief that the Spurs were a well oiled machine that would be impossible to stop. I was wrong. OKC can stop them. But the Spurs can over come that. IF they are hungry enough. And in the end, thats what this series will be decided upon. Not talent, not efficiency, not execution but hunger. Does the old guard want it enough to make another run at it or is the new dynasty ready to take over?

Tony Parker doesn't become a top 4 MVP candidate based on talent alone. Kevin Durant doesn't take over a game in the fourth based on talent alone. Tim Duncan doesn't look 8 years younger on talent alone. Ibaka doesn't have the game of a lifetime on talent alone.

Who's the hungriest? Game 5 is going to tell us a lot.

I'm not an MIT graduate, but aren't long winning streaks usually followed by losing streaks, or at least a period of more losses than wins?

BlackSwordsMan
06-03-2012, 07:20 PM
im not clicking that shit

Latarian Milton
06-03-2012, 07:29 PM
they won 3 NBA titles with the same core (duncan, manu, parker) and they never look satisfied, if the core won it again this year they'd still want a 5th one. we ain't talkin bout them mavs, are we?

benefactor
06-03-2012, 07:31 PM
:lol TD 21
:lol "Thunder aren't a championship contender"
He's upstairs right now giving it his all...chasing LJ from thread to thread trying to find ways to upstage him. He's like a desperate girl that so starved for attention that she jams her fingers down her throat in a crowded cafeteria because if she can't get people to like her she will try to gain their sympathy.

jeebus
06-03-2012, 07:35 PM
He's upstairs right now giving it his all...chasing LJ from thread to thread trying to find ways to upstage him. He's like a desperate girl that so starved for attention that she jams her fingers down her throat in a crowded cafeteria because if she can't get people to like her she will try to gain their sympathy.
I already knew you lacked basic reading comprehension, I didn't need another example.

That was a rhetorical (I know, look it up) question directed at timvp and it was a prime example of why he's a hypocrite. Either that or he was blind to see that we were saying the same thing, like a synonym. The difference is I was more to the point, while he was beating around the bush.

benefactor
06-03-2012, 07:39 PM
:lmao

Venti Quattro
06-03-2012, 07:41 PM
They weren't doing those things because they were blowing teams out regularly. Nobody does those things when that's happening. But when a bunch of young, arrogant, disrespectful punks like this is constantly dunking on you and parading around like they just won the championship, you think at some point somebody would have said to themselves "enough of shit" and actually do something about it. Not continue to roll out the welcome mat.

"They want it," Jackson said. "That's the only thing I can say about that. They want to be here, they want to win. I love the passion in those young guys over there in that locker room. I love the passion, I love how much they want it. I just want us to be the same way come the next game.

The Spurs "can't get younger, but you've got to have that fire, have that energy from the beginning of the game like they are," Jackson said. "They're ready to play. It takes us a quarter or second quarter or even third quarter for us to get going and playing physical and hitting first. We've got to be that team from the beginning of the game. We can't just rely on being home and trying to win at home."

This is a man who gets it. This wasn't about their bigs shooting the lights out or Durant ascending into god mode. That probably would have done any team in in the end. But where was the fight? If not for a three-point barrage, they're not even in this game.

And for the record, I'm always in. I'm just never going to be a fan who can't criticize their team. It's only right that if I build them up when they're playing well, that I lay into them when they're not. Game three, I gave them a pass. If any team had earned a free pass in a playoff game, it was them. That didn't mean it was acceptable to not show up, just that they were long overdue for a poor performance. But to follow it up with such a soft performance in game four was unacceptable.

timtonymanu
06-03-2012, 07:47 PM
:lol You know he was waiting to bump that thread again at the next Spurs loss.

:cry He wants to be loved here. :cry

benefactor
06-03-2012, 07:48 PM
:cryiamimportant:cry

BRHornet45
06-03-2012, 07:56 PM
sons I can't deny it, there is a lot of truth in this.

TD 21
06-03-2012, 07:58 PM

Says the fat, gutless, brown-nosing hick, who's interjected himself into a conversation he has no business in.

midnightpulp
06-03-2012, 07:58 PM
TD 21 is a pretty terrible poster.

benefactor
06-03-2012, 08:00 PM
Look how sick det burn is

midnightpulp
06-03-2012, 08:01 PM
Says the fat, gutless, brown-nosing hick, who's interjected himself into a conversation he has no business in.

Calm down, bro. Take a deep breath.

benefactor
06-03-2012, 08:05 PM
Listen, dumb shits, I don't mind the vile comments, but let's get something straight: I don't bump this every time "we lose". I bump this when I see gutless efforts and last night was absolutely a gutless effort, particularly on the heels of game three. Now, if you have a problem with it, then don't read it.