PDA

View Full Version : Start of the 3rd Quarter

ALVAREZ6
06-04-2012, 09:09 PM
Will decide this series. The Spurs need to start the 2nd half like they did the 1st, with energy and focus. The Spurs have lost a lot of their confidence and are shooting very poorly. Manu and Jackson are 2 of the only players that seem to realize its the whole season on the line.

You could argue the Spurs are effectively shooting much worse than they really are, which is quite poor to begin with, from all of the turnovers. I just can't believe it because turnovers have killed this team in this series.

Parker needs to have a big 2nd half, and I think he has it in him. One last shot. If the game gets away from them in the 3rd, frankly I don't see the Spurs roll players growing balls and knocking down the shots they're supposed to make. You have to credit the OKC defense, but it's much easier knocking down those open shots when the team is on a hot streak.

Horry Hipcheck
06-04-2012, 09:16 PM
My concern is that KD has hit one shot. ONE. What happens when he goes off? We haven't done anything to slow them down, and their defense is forcing our butterfingers into stupid, stupid turnovers.

The Spurs just aren't making the smart passes and finding the open guy. There is no rhythm. If they don't get back to the third quarter of Game 2 again, this series wraps in OKC and we talk about another backdoor sweep.

ALVAREZ6
06-04-2012, 09:23 PM
My concern is that KD has hit one shot. ONE. What happens when he goes off? We haven't done anything to slow them down, and their defense is forcing our butterfingers into stupid, stupid turnovers.

The Spurs just aren't making the smart passes and finding the open guy. There is no rhythm. If they don't get back to the third quarter of Game 2 again, this series wraps in OKC and we talk about another backdoor sweep.

Yup.

I can already see it, repeat of game 4. Durant chills and waits until the best time to go HAM on the Spurs in the 4th, and the thought of it scares the shit out of me. The Spurs need a lot of luck to win this game, but the very least they could do is try, just give themselves a shot at the end, keep it close. Come out focused and no more brain farts on D from Tony and Timmy.

At this point, fucking let Westbrook shoot off the pick'n'roll and please get back on your wide open big man!!! I am fucking sick, SICK of all of the wide open, uncontested, easy dunks/layups OKC's big consistently get. Force the role players to beat you but holy hell, not dunk you to death. :pctoss