PDA

View Full Version : Green out ?

venitian navigator
06-04-2012, 11:02 PM
Imho the first mistake we made has been put Green out of the startin five.
Looks like a very bad sign about our confidence as a team and spoil the confidence of a player that lives on that.
With Green out of the game we had no chance...Manu and TP legs can't stand all the minutes against the young legs of Westbrook and Durant, and Neal is everything but a good defensive player (that means that he can't play Green's minutes).
Frankly, I don't understand this move...Green has always played good games at home.
OKC don't needed more advantages than the ones they already had...

Mal
06-04-2012, 11:08 PM
And how are Celtics standing out ? Every 2nd day for past 3 weeks the came out, play 40+ minutes and compete. Spurs were resting whole season, and now 33 minutes is too much ?

Green sucks, he could find him on this level. Neal, Bonner also. Splitter , Diaw got really hard times going against collapsed defense. It`s on big 3 once again, with help of Kawhi and Jax. They need to play heavy minutes.

cd98
06-04-2012, 11:15 PM
At least we can resign him for cheap. Can't see a big check after this disaster.

venitian navigator
06-04-2012, 11:17 PM
No, they don't.
Maybe you didn't notice that all we have accomplished this season has been 'cause the minutes played by the big three were not "heavy minutes" as you call it.
You simply can't change everything just because the game matter much...you have to just find the right solutions with the man you have.
I would have preferred, at this point, say start Anderson in place of Green.
But to put all your weapons out from the beginning :
1) give to tyhe opposite team more confoidence that what they already have, 'cause they see you changin'n something that worked well at hone in ghames 1 and 2 and;
2) takes you inevitably to have no bullet in your gun at the end of the game.

TwelveGs210
06-04-2012, 11:18 PM
At least we can resign him for cheap. Can't see a big check after this disaster.

After what I saw today with him getting bitched by Westbrook just for the fuck of it after the 2nd quarter, I don't want to resign him.

You can have a great season every year, but in the Playoffs you need to be ready to hold your ground as men, and I have yet to see him show any heart.

CGD
06-04-2012, 11:21 PM

Are you kidding me?!? Dude had an amazing season. Sure he softened up in the last few games, but he was a key cog for us all season. They all can't be kawai Leonard in their first playoff runs. I'm. It saying over pay the guy, but By your logic over 80% of players in the nba should be gotten for "cheap."

cd98
06-04-2012, 11:25 PM
Are you kidding me?!? Dude had an amazing season. Sure he softened up in the last few games, but he was a key cog for us all season. They all can't be kawai Leonard in their first playoff runs. I'm. It saying over pay the guy, but By your logic over 80% of players in the nba should be gotten for "cheap."

Gary Neal was better than Green.

Slydragon
06-04-2012, 11:29 PM
Just seeing green pisses me off. I wasn't looking for huge games from him just a little something here and there but this asshole did the opposite and turned into a big scared pussy.

pjjrfan
06-04-2012, 11:43 PM
I would have started Jackson instead of Manu, but sitting Green was a no brainer in my opinion. That guy has been done since game one. Really dissappointing, and of course counting on Bonner to finally come t hrough in a playoff game is all on pop.

therealtruth
06-05-2012, 02:11 AM
I would have started Jackson instead of Manu, but sitting Green was a no brainer in my opinion. That guy has been done since game one. Really dissappointing, and of course counting on Bonner to finally come t hrough in a playoff game is all on pop.

Starting Manu destroyed our bench.

Obstructed_View
06-05-2012, 02:34 AM
Technically, the bench catching the yips from their coach destroyed the bench.

Spurs da champs
06-05-2012, 02:38 AM
Green again proving he was the scrub that got cut from Cleveland, he tbh is just like Bonner if he's not hitting 3's he's useless.