PDA

View Full Version : I still Believe

SA210
06-04-2012, 11:04 PM
I'm pissed as hell. Duncan should have taken that shot, he has done so before and made it.

Uphill battle definitely.

But I'm not done with my Spurs.

Win ONE game, even by ONE FUCKING POINT, and who knows what could happen.

:flag:

FUCK!

Sa_Spursfan20
06-04-2012, 11:08 PM
I'm with you. It's not over just yet.

GO SPURS GO!

AFBlue
06-04-2012, 11:12 PM
+1

Spurs have to play virtually mistake-free ball in order to make it happen, but I believe.

slayermin
06-04-2012, 11:16 PM
Came this far. I'm not jumping on to a lifeboat.

Go Spurs Go!

Nathan89
06-04-2012, 11:22 PM
I believe if Pop plays Manu,Parker, and possibly Duncan for 40+ minutes.

Floyd Pacquiao
06-04-2012, 11:24 PM
never lose faith in the team

Spurtacus
06-04-2012, 11:24 PM
One can be a believer and a realist at the same time.

SA210
06-04-2012, 11:27 PM
Kenny Smith believes, he's from that Houston Championship team. He made some good points.

All STARTERS MUST PLAY BIG MINUTES. FUCK YOUR REST TIM!

I Believe.

slayermin
06-04-2012, 11:28 PM
Not that history means squat right now but didn't the Spurs force a game seven in '06 beating Dallas in their building?

Kuestmaster
06-04-2012, 11:29 PM
I just don't want this season to end. Not yet.
Let's do this. Let's go there and grab a victory in their faces.
I won't quit to this team until we exhale our last breathe. Fuck the bandwagonists and quitters.

Believe

sananspursfan21
06-04-2012, 11:33 PM
Not that history means squat right now but didn't the Spurs force a game seven in '06 beating Dallas in their building?

Yes they did good point. I said in another thread im hoping okc comes out too cocky and too focused (such a thing?) And too overhyped, tries to do too much and san an takes advantage. Its unlikely but you know what it was unlikely spurs would even amount to much this season anyways. Screw every adversity and believe. What else we got?

tesseractive
06-04-2012, 11:35 PM
Bravo! Great post!

SA210
06-04-2012, 11:48 PM
Smart basketball. Play the starters more. Play to win and get back to surgical. Fuck, i know they can do it. All it takes is one win to get it back home and anything can happen.

manu the best
06-05-2012, 12:13 AM
i do BELIEVE to!! its not over until its over.. GO SPURS GO

SA210
06-05-2012, 12:17 AM

Let's hope they can do this. As long as SJAX and Manu are on the Spurs, we have a chance.

GrandeDavid
06-05-2012, 12:18 AM
I believe. The Spurs will win Game 6.

Spur|n|Austin
06-05-2012, 12:19 AM
Believe.

SA210
06-05-2012, 12:31 AM
I believe. The Spurs will win Game 6.

That pretty surgical basketball that we saw in the 20 game win streak. They must have that in them, for a stretch in the 4th quarter to eek out a win. They gotta have it in them.

DMC
06-05-2012, 12:33 AM
We need a couple more believe threads. Everyone start their own.

TwelveGs210
06-05-2012, 12:39 AM
I still believe, and it's for one reason. Defense. If the Spurs can play a few lock down stretches of D, combined with a SLIVER of the offense they are capable of, we can definitely tie this shit up. We've been here before.

They are going to have to play mistake free to win in OKC, I know that much.

SA210
06-05-2012, 12:40 AM

I may have been one of the first :tu

TwelveGs210
06-05-2012, 12:40 AM

You start some Bonner threads while we're at it?

SamoanTD
06-05-2012, 12:42 AM

This guys cool. :rolleyes

SA210
06-05-2012, 01:05 AM
If you are actually on the team, if you are a player, do you say you will give up on the next game? How would you feel? Of course you wouldn't. I don't believe Duncan is happy with himself about passing up that shot.

I hope Tim is pissed. If he's pissed, it's a good sign for game 6.

smaka
06-05-2012, 05:16 AM
Stop turning the ball over so much, Tony finds his f-in heart and plays for the team, not himself...

I BELIEVE

SA210
06-05-2012, 05:22 AM
:tu

mudyez
06-05-2012, 05:36 AM
we can't do this!

we WILL do it!

Actually
06-05-2012, 06:02 AM
I feel sad about the 3 losses but I do believe we can bounce back - thats what a champion would do and should do, and we will do it.

TampaDude
06-05-2012, 07:43 AM

Yup! :toast

Just tell Manu not to foul at the end of Game 7. :lol

TXstbobcat
06-05-2012, 08:18 AM
As much as it hurt watching game 5, I still believe and I'm going to enjoy it when the spurs shock the thunder and their home crowd by taking game 6. All I'm asking for is a game 7 at home to decide this series.

_jin
06-05-2012, 08:45 AM
I can't believe how many people on this forum have given up on this team, when they were confident we were gonna sweep OKC one week ago

Pocket Hippo
06-05-2012, 09:11 AM
Everyone was wondering how our youngins would react to a loss, they reacted by disappearing for 2 additional games, I refuse to believe we have an entire team of Bonner's that cannot bounce back

We have the same talented team we did in the first 2 games of the series, we have been losing because we aren't playing balls-to-the-wall 100% effort for 48 minutes, nothing like an elimination game to kick you in the ass.

Duncan is not a choker, he will have a much better game with all the chips on the table. Capn Jack and Manu will fight tooth and nail, they will not go quietly.

Just remember the Jazz and the Clippers are far worse teams than we are and in the elimination games they fought us to the last possession while down 0-3 in the series. We have more to play for than them, we still have a chance of winning this series.

The Spurs have a heart
The Spurs have pride
The Spurs will play with desperation

Every single one of you people that have given up on the Spurs completely, those of you who are posting that this series is over, don't even watch the next game because if we win you do not deserve to see it.

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-05-2012, 09:15 AM
Just as Pop said it - champions win on the road. if the Spurs can't get themselves mentally and physically ready to win on the road with their back against the wall, then they're not championship caliber and thus there can be no regrets. It's been a hell of a season anyway.

I believe, still.

sammy
06-05-2012, 09:18 AM
I believe Spurs will win Game 6! Not giving up on this team! Go Spurs Go!

EVAY
06-05-2012, 09:45 AM
I believe.

I believe we can still win the series.

Hard? Yes.

Doable? Yes.

EVAY
06-05-2012, 09:45 AM
dp

Keepin' it real
06-05-2012, 09:47 AM
One can be a believer and a realist at the same time.

I agree with your sentiment in general, but not if applied to the Spurs in Game 6.

I believe the Spurs are 3-9 in elimination games (2-7 on the road) during the Duncan-Popovich era. They have a demonstrated tendency to just bend over and take it, with several blowouts included in those nine losses.

I want to believe, but instead, I'll keep it real, based on historical evidence and what I've seen in the past three games: Spurs will lose by 20+.

bthewigwam
06-05-2012, 09:50 AM
Still here. I believe.

SpursWench21
06-05-2012, 11:57 AM
Hello everyone. Lurker here. Have been coming to this board for years but don't post much at all as you can tell. I am more of an observer/listener, whatever you wanna call it. Just want to share a few thoughts. Read it or don't, makes no matter. I wanted to post whats going through my head and show my support.

I just want to say keep posting positive intelligent things, keep cheering, keep fighting. This series is not over. Remember 2008? Even though that hornets team is no where near as good as this thunder team they still had the same young guns, energy, and home crowd this team does....not to mention CP3 who was ridiculous in that series. Remember when the crowd wore all yellow or blue or..who cares, they were rowdy, holding up that Eva poster trying to mess with Tony. To think back, I was packing up my duplex and leaving college after a fun 4 years in CS and was thinking to myself how the hell are we gonna win this Game 6 on the road... We just have to play our game just like we did in the reg season but with more intensity. As you well know, we won that night, took it back to SA and won game 7.

I am sure 95% of this country is counting us out, but who cares. Dont we like it this way? In my lifetime I have been fortunate enough to see the Spurs do some really special things, overcome all small market odds, and win 4 big ones. This year FEELS special. Screw the 20 game win streak, thats special if you are a good regular season team looking to accomplish something "cool" in the eyes of the media and fans. Yes its badass that we rolled off 10 straight playoff Ws, but we all knew that would not last...lets be realistic. Nevertheless, I really do believe this team was and CAN STILL play basketball in the amazing way we have been going back to this season. I believe this team can still do something special, and thats win the championship in a year we weren't supposed to everyone but us, in a year where our Big 3 are all older, in a year where Timmy and Pop are still fighting the good fight after 15 years as one of the best coach/player duos ever. Lastly, the Spurs gave everyone the gift of being able to watch and enjoy great team basketball...which is tough to find these days. I can only imagine how awesome it was to watch in the earlier days of the NBA. IMO what we have done up until this point is nothing short of amazing. Now lets get over this mountain and reach our goal...:lobt:

THIS. IS. NOT. OVER. :flag:

Legacy
06-05-2012, 01:09 PM
I love "Journey moments."

KCy7lLQwToI

dbreiden83080
06-05-2012, 01:11 PM
The Offense was really on fire most of the 2nd half.. I do believe they will be in the game if they limit the damn TO's and Tony fuckin plays well. I sadly think Manu may have shot his wad in game 5 but i expect Jackson to be huge and needs to play major minutes. Tim is gonna bring it, i loved his post game quotes..

Maybe, we'll see..

Oneton
06-05-2012, 01:15 PM
http://www.sadanduseless.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/gif/568.gif

Legacy
06-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Every single one of you people that have given up on the Spurs completely, those of you who are posting that this series is over, don't even watch the next game because if we win you do not deserve to see it.

A-FUCKING-MEN!!!

:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

Oneton
06-05-2012, 01:44 PM
I -<3-FUCKING-MEN!!!

:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

Legacy
06-05-2012, 01:52 PM
^^^

Thanks, idiot.

Yes. As a matter of fact, I do. :hat

mencken
06-05-2012, 02:00 PM
I'm reminded of the 2008 western conference semi-finals, Spurs vs. Hornets. Not only did the Spurs lose game 5 but, they went into a g7 in NOLA after being blown out the previous 3 games there. The Spurs managed to pull out a win there, despite having practically no offense that year. But, it's not 100% comparable since NOLA had homecourt while the Spurs just lost it this year. But, if that '08 team can win in NOLA, there's no reason why this team can't win in OKC.

Not to say it isn't a long shot but, there are times when long shots pay off.

z0sa
06-05-2012, 02:02 PM
I'll never stop believing. In fact, I feel pretty confident for this next game. I shouldn't be, I know, but something in the ol gut says that Duncan's Spurs aren't quite finished.

tesseractive
06-05-2012, 02:04 PM
I'll never stop believing. In fact, I feel pretty confident for this next game. I shouldn't be, I know, but something in the ol gut says that Duncan's Spurs aren't quite finished.

Keepin' it real
06-05-2012, 02:11 PM
I refuse to believe we have an entire team of Bonner's that cannot bounce back ...

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Just because you refuse to believe in something doesn't make it untrue. Heck, Republicans refuse to believe in climate change ... That doesn't make climate change untrue, their refusal just makes Republicans look like morons. (And for the record, the entire Spurs team is not as soft as Bonner. Gino, Jax and sometimes Timmeh have proven they are mentally tough enough to persevere. But that's not nearly enough to beat OKC, which is the whole point and why realistic people have a pretty good idea what's about to happen.)

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Yeah, right. Every single person who is realistic enough to see the writing on the wall is going to listen to you.

Oneton
06-05-2012, 02:24 PM
^^^

Thanks, idiot.

Yes. As a matter of fact, I do. :hat

Cool

kaji157
06-05-2012, 03:25 PM
The Spurs will need 2 perfect games to win this series, they have played those kind of games, therefore i believe.
I have seen the Spurs play at this level for long stretches, OKC has yet to demonstrate they can keep this level for many games.

SA210
06-06-2012, 02:45 AM

I think Tim's pissed that he didn't take that shot (which I'm surprised nobody has talked about that).

Let it fuel him.

silverblk mystix
06-06-2012, 10:32 AM
Win or go home tonight.

Spurs going home- to host GAME 7!!!!!!

ginobili fan
06-06-2012, 10:36 AM
H-9 man I'm crazyyy it's just basketball

SA210
06-06-2012, 01:09 PM
Win or go home tonight.