PDA

View Full Version : Spurs keep waiting for the Thunder

dylankerouac
06-04-2012, 11:16 PM
to make mistakes and give the Spurs the win. I don't know where their competitive fire has gone but I hope the Spurs realize this and that they need to take this series from the Thunder. The Thunder may make mistakes but the mistakes the Spurs need the Thunder to make are when the game is on the line and that isn't going to happen when the Spurs spot the Thunder 10-15 points in must-win situations. If the Thunder have showed anything it is that they have too many weapons to expect them to give a series to anyone. They have the fire of their own version of a Duncan, Gino and Parker added with some legitimate fiery big man depth.

If the Spurs want this I hope they realize they need to step up and take this, heck they've shown they can. No one is going to gift-wrap you a championship or WCF. This almost reminds me of last year where the Spurs were waiting for Memphis to fold. At this level, no one is going to fold. Time to win or go home. Having said that, I look forward to game 6. Go Spurs go! :flag:

SenorSpur
06-04-2012, 11:25 PM
Spurs are making their own mistakes by handing OKC 20+ points per game based on their rash of turnovers. Sloppy ballhandling, ill-advised passes, forced drives, you name it. OKC deserves credit for their swarming defense that is causing the Spurs players to press, but the Spurs are surely sealing their own fate, by their utter carelessness. That along with their poor interior defense makes it hard for them to stay with this team.