PDA

View Full Version : First half lineups, what the hell...

TDomination
06-04-2012, 11:17 PM
What the hell was up with those lineups Pop put out there in the first half.

The players were bad but I can't help but wonder what pop was thinking during that stretch in the first half. He was in obvious panic mode. That was just flat out bad.

Yeah we had some foul trouble but my goodness, we saw Blair, then Blair/Bonner for a few seconds, then Blair being the only "big" and then finally we saw Splitter.

I know Manu played amazing, but putting him in the starting lineup was a panic move imo. Even before the game started, the Thunder were already in our heads and they knew it. You stick with what got you there, you stick with your system.

Show confidence in a player that is lacking it, show him the trust and he will come through. I'm referring to Green.

Holt's Cat
06-04-2012, 11:22 PM
Yeah, that was shitty, especially given that OKC was playing like crap and the Spurs were in the bonus 2 minutes in to the game. Then the Spurs had to burn a lot of energy to come from behind.

TDMVPDPOY
06-04-2012, 11:25 PM
dont blame the lineup, we couldnt get into the flow of the game with the stupid stoppages by the refs...

TDomination
06-04-2012, 11:26 PM
Being up only 5pts after that horrible start by the thunder was a sign of things to come.

That set the tone for the game. We made monstrous runs but ran out of gas and kept making big plays.

But wow I felt sick when I saw those lineups in the first half. Everything that the spurs had done throughout the year, was completely out the window.