PDA

View Full Version : Nothing fights harder than a wounded animal trying to get home...

Salty
06-05-2012, 12:33 AM
Does this hold true with the Spurs?

We know it does for the Thunder. Having been down 2-0 earlier in this series, the Thunder came into Game 3 and won in a blowout over the Spurs. 2 games later, they're up 3-2 and have the Spurs on the brink of elimination. Several factors can be attributed to this recent Thunder streak/Spurs skid, namely homecourt, heart, and star power. However, none of the aforementioned things matter without one key factor...

Role players.

It's easy to call Thabo's Game 3 and Ibaka's Game 4 fluke games, but those performances didn't ride on luck alone. The Thunder's role players have stepped up when they needed to, and as a result they're looking like the 2012 NBA Champions. Needless to say, KD and Harden have been key components of these past few Thunder wins. It's impossible to stop KD when he goes into God mode, but it's still pretty damn hard for the Thunder to win if their role players don't show up. Need more proof? Look at the Spurs.

The Big 3, Jax, and Kawhi are the reasons why this series isn't over. One main difference between this year's WCF and last year's first round is that the Big 3 are playing like the Big 3 should. Manu has proven his ability to take over games, and Timmy's play this series has been stellar for the most part. Tony's been the most inconsistent of the group, but it's hard to put all the blame on him when the role players can't hit wide open shots. Lastly, Jax has shown us all why the midseason trade was the trade that vaulted the Spurs back into title contention. He's brought a completely different mentality to this team and he's done things this series that RJ could never have done in a Spurs uniform. The same goes for Kawhi. It's hard to state how impressive his play has been, being a 20 year old rookie on a team full of vets. The Spurs don't have a shot at winning the game if he doesn't force that turnover at the end. The Big 3, Jax, and Kawhi played their hearts out tonight. If only the same could be said about the role players...

Diaw - inconsistent, ok in spurts

Green - missing wide-open shots

Splitter - looks like Stephen A. Smith was right

Neal - same as Diaw, except he needs to be hitting his shots to justify his defensive shortcoming

Bonner - nothing unexpected tbh, dude has a vag

Blair - couldn't provide a spark tonight

Compare that to the performances of Sefalosha, Ibaka, Perkins, Collison, Fisher, and Daequan Cook. FUCKING DAEQUAN COOK. What has been the Spurs' biggest advantage throughout the year, depth, has suddenly become their greatest weakness. The Spurs aren't going to beat the Thunder 2 games in a row if their role players don't step up, no matter how great Tony, Tim, Manu, Jax, and Kawhi play.

You can't hide desperation. All 5 players that are playing well WILL show up Wednesday night, but we have no reason to believe that the role players will. That doesn't mean they can't though. You don't get to the Western Conference Finals if your role players play like they've been playing this series. If the Spurs pull off a miracle these next two games, the bench will have been the x-factor.

TL;DR: Big 3, Jax, Kawhi tearing shit up, bench sucking donkey dick. Bench need to step up or season's done-zo.

DMC
06-05-2012, 12:35 AM
Not true (title). I wounded one and he didn't fight worth shit. I did this just to disprove your thread. Props to my neighbor for not calling the cops.

Salty
06-05-2012, 12:37 AM
Not true (title). I wounded one and he didn't fight worth shit. I did this just to disprove your thread. Props to my neighbor for not calling the cops.

That animal wasn't Jax or Manu.

TDMVPDPOY
06-05-2012, 12:40 AM
diaw, kl needs to chuck when given the opportunity besides attacking the rim and some costly turnover, i rather live with them tryin to hit a shot and gamble on the offensive reb