PDA

View Full Version : Should Ginobili have gone for the steal?

Fabbs
06-05-2012, 12:38 AM
103-101 36 seconds left OKC ball.

Hardens is dribbling at the top/corner of the arc then juke steps and starts to drive with 9 on the shot clock. Leornard is siding him plus GNob cheats off Sefl and shows Harden that he is ready to help double should Harden try to continue to drive around Leo. Harden stops, does a push off on Leo as he spins around and heads back out towards the 3 point line. Harden is looking out towards the halfcourt line. (Replays show he glanced at the shot clock at the other end) GNob takes off does 3 super quick steps and has a beat on Harden. Gets about two steps behind him with 7 on the clock. He may or may not get a steal but even with no steal he has a chance to combine with Leonard to harass any pass attempt by Harden. It would mean leaving Sef alone in the corner.

Instead, Ginobili does a Roadrunner type insta stop and goes back to keep an eye on Sef. Harden fakes the drive to get Leo to go back a step and does the step back trey dagger. 106-101 and virtually Ballgame.

I know its 20/20 but was anyone else going "Go for it Manu!"?

I've been pissed at some of GNobs other gambles that cost but in this case i wish he would have just continued for the steal or harrasment with 6 on the shot clock.

Spur|n|Austin
06-05-2012, 12:39 AM
Worst case Harden would have passed to a less of a shooter in Sefolosha or even attempted the three, giving Manu another chance to swat.

polandprzem
06-05-2012, 12:39 AM
No- he should double team Harden

clambake
06-05-2012, 12:40 AM
manu was right to go back.

LakerHater
06-05-2012, 12:41 AM
Yeah he shoulda tried, if he missed then dble!!
hoping Harden TO or pass to a poorer shooter!

davidbowie
06-05-2012, 12:42 AM
shouldve tested our luck with sefolosha open....harden has proven he can make those.

ElNono
06-05-2012, 12:43 AM
If he goes for the steal and Sefolosha hits the 3, there will be no end to the bitching, and bringing back 2006... he played his man, and Harden hit an amazing shot. What I want to know is who was Tony double-teaming when Cook hit back to back 3s...

clambake
06-05-2012, 12:44 AM
If he goes for the steal and Sefolosha hits the 3, there will be no end to the bitching, and bringing back 2006... he played his man, and Harden hit an amazing shot. What I want to know is who was Tony double-teaming when Cook hit back to back 3s...

this

polandprzem
06-05-2012, 12:46 AM

Harden did't see Gino coming, and it was 4 secs as I remember correctly.

You need to double team the guy that loses eye contact with the defense

Fabbs
06-05-2012, 12:47 AM
a. Not sure Harden can make that pass with Leo and Gino harrassing him. I want Gino going for it in that situation.
b. same question. Parker was pretty much a disaster. Certainly not a playoff veteran who got some season MVP nods.

DAF86
06-05-2012, 12:48 AM
The Spurs defended great on that possesion. Harden just hit a tough shot.

SA210
06-05-2012, 12:49 AM
If I'm Manu I know Harden is shooting that 3, he should have doubled

Fabbs
06-05-2012, 12:51 AM

polandprzem
GNob did his Roadrunner change of direction at the 7/6 mark. Believe me I've DVRd it 8 times. :lol By the time the shot clock in at the low 6 mark GNob is already 1/2 way back to Sefl.

Still we agree. Continue with the steal or double Manu! It either works or we have Sefl trying to hork up a shot clock beater.

mexicanjunior
06-05-2012, 12:54 AM
Would rather have taken my chances with a Thabo 3...he should have went for the steal.

polandprzem
06-05-2012, 12:54 AM
polandprzem
GNob did his Roadrunner change of direction at the 7/6 mark. Believe me I've DVRd it 8 times. :lol By the time the shot clock in at the low 6 mark GNob is already 1/2 way back to Sefl.

Still we agree. Continue with the steal or double Manu! It either works or we have Sefl trying to hork up a shot clock beater.

6 secs then harden took a look at the clock and then Manu should be there to double

You still have rotation to be aware of the pass

timvp
06-05-2012, 12:55 AM
Hell if I'm second guessing Manu tonight.

Spursmania
06-05-2012, 12:56 AM
Harden hit an amazing shot. The D was pretty good by Kawhi and that was just a tough shot he made. It just took the air out of the AT&T center. We couldn't believe it.

Sometimes you gotta give credit where credit is due. That Nasty bearded asshat Harden killed us and sealed the deal with that 3 point dagger.

LakerHater
06-05-2012, 12:59 AM

Yeah, they showed him with his back to Manu & him lookin at the clock on the other side of the court!