PDA

View Full Version : What else could have pop done

tkang456
06-05-2012, 03:11 AM
With diaw and Duncan with 2 fouls each,

how can he play anything else other than turd towers? I feel like it's the fouls that threw them off, not pop, he had no other choice. Again this is clear flaw of the spurs. They still lack size and a typical PF that can rebound, run, and block. Fuk wish we had Scola or Oberto even

suitedkings
06-05-2012, 03:18 AM
tiago....blair.

/thread

Spurs da champs
06-05-2012, 03:33 AM
Trust them to play on, he panics too damn much; he may not show it but he really does.

Russo21
06-05-2012, 03:38 AM
^ +1

Obstructed_View
06-05-2012, 03:40 AM
How about: Not play Blair, Bonner and Neal in the same lineup? Not sure how you can complain about a lack of size at the same time you defend Pop running four guards and Blair on the floor at the same time.

midnightpulp
06-05-2012, 03:43 AM
Subbing in Neal with 6 minutes left in the 3rd. Practically this entire series the trend has been: Neal in=Thunder run. Should've let Parker close out the quarter.

spurraider21
06-05-2012, 04:27 AM
saying pop doesn't coach well enough is like a kings fan blaming peja's outside shooting for a loss

tkang456
06-05-2012, 05:09 AM
ya, i see all yall point. it makes sense. I feel that Pop has finally been exposed of what a stubborn fag he is. He is unwilling to adjust, seriously he said it himself "THIS IS BIG BOYS GAME". WHY NOT LET YOUR BIG BOYS Play!!!!!!!!!!!!111

temujin
06-05-2012, 05:19 AM
Popovich coached a team that played some of the best team basketball in the history of the sport.
I can only think of Boston and LA 80s, Yugoslavia 70s and early 90s for comparison.

He did so in a small market franchise,
with an improbable assortment of
an ancient center, 8 years past his prime,
an unshakeable warrior, but old and slower,
the only PG in the game with no 3P range,
a fat 6-8 French center that was terrible on the worst team in NBA history,
a soft Brazilian center who can't hit the rim on 50% of his FTs,
a fat 6-5 center with no ACLs,
a shooter-turned-PG who couln't keep his job on a bad team of the terrible Italian league,
a fringe shooter that was bad on the worst Euroleague team (last Fall),
a 34 years old journeyman shopped around by half a dozen NBA teams
a 20 years old rookie,
Matt Bonner.

Show some respect folks.
Ask yourself how in the heck the Spurs made to the WCF, not why they are losing.

sehui
06-05-2012, 05:23 AM
Pop should of played both Diaw and Timmy through. Also, when we got into the bonus early, we should of driven it to the paint far more often.

I saw people taking jumpers, i was like "wtf?"

eric365
06-05-2012, 05:30 AM
tiago....blair.

/thread

He had to wait the start of the 2nd quarter to avoid the hack-a-Splitter

The sad thing was when Splitter was in at the end of the 3rd but OKC didn't hack him because it would have been a better offense that what we had at that time :depressed

kuato
06-05-2012, 07:35 AM
Trade Parker, Bonner, Neal, get a real center, a real guard, and go back in time to get Scola :lol and of course, dismiss Spurs scouts.

TampaDude
06-05-2012, 07:39 AM
Popovich coached a team that played some of the best team basketball in the history of the sport.
I can only think of Boston and LA 80s, Yugoslavia 70s and early 90s for comparison.

a shooter-turned-PG who couln't keep his job on a bad team of the terrible Italian league,
a 20 years old rookie,
Matt Bonner.

Show some respect folks.
Ask yourself how in the heck the Spurs made to the WCF, not why they are losing.

Winning 20 games in a row including 10 in the playoffs can spoil you.

rr2418
06-05-2012, 07:45 AM
No one has mentioned about the first five minutes of the game. The spurs had a chance to go up by 15 or 20 b/c OKC was missing everything. The score at the time 5-0 Spurs. But unfortunately for the Spurs. they were turning the ball over and missing shots also. If they would've made shots and taken care of the ball during that span, the outcome might've been different.

sammy
06-05-2012, 08:17 AM
Really miss McDyess but at least he played with heart! I am not giving up, but I really got concerned when Tony went to line to shoot free throws finally and his body language looked defeated! Only ones who played hard were Manu and Jackson! Didn't see any fire in our team! Usually they are huddled together and being emotional but nothing! They can win in OKC, they've done it before and come home and take care of business!

CosmicCowboy
06-05-2012, 08:28 AM

a 20 years old rookie,
Matt Bonner.

Show some respect folks.

Great post!

Durant 35
06-05-2012, 08:31 AM
Not taking Manu out when he was hot?

cherylsteele
06-05-2012, 08:48 AM
Bring in Mills as an actual PG to back up Tony and keep the pressure on as much as possible. Mills has shown in his limited time that he can be productive. You might as well try him because nothing else worked.
Also he could have brought in Splitter for Diaw in the first instead of Bonner. Timmy can play through fouls, he has done it before.

silverblackfan
06-05-2012, 09:10 AM
Bring in Mills as an actual PG to back up Tony and keep the pressure on as much as possible. Mills has shown in his limited time that he can be productive. You might as well try him because nothing else worked.
Also he could have brought in Splitter for Diaw in the first instead of Bonner. Timmy can play through fouls, he has done it before.

Hell it is worth a shot. At least Mills brings the ball up the court fast and keeps his defender running the entire time. I just would tell him to not shoot when there is at least 10 seconds on the shot clock unless you are wide open and set.

OldSilentHill
06-05-2012, 09:17 AM
Not taking Manu out when he was hot?

If Manu wins the game by his own, it wouldn´t be fare to OK, they are playing the Spurs, not Manu.

PS: he is human and needs to resto some point.

temujin
06-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Winning 20 games in a row including 10 in the playoffs can spoil you.

Yes, it can spoil the young and ignorant and the generals of the dayafter,
that never played any type of basketball other than pick-up stuff,
never watched scores of expensive and superhyped "teams" go down.
That don't have the knowledge and respect for the sport to study it,
or that simply forget.
This Spurs teams is made of not much more than what I wrote.

In retrospect, what's happening now gives the true and ultimate honor to great players of the past, Robinson, Bowen and Horry (Robert Frigging Horry, 7 rings!) coming to mind immediately. But Rose, Barry, Willis, Nesterovic, Oberto, Finley, Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_, AJ, Elie follow.

It would have been Pop's greatest accomplishment of all to win a championship without those guys, and with a bunch of leftovers assembled, essentailly, based on cost.

SpursFaninMS
06-05-2012, 11:07 AM

a 20 years old rookie,
Matt Bonner.

Show some respect folks.

Further goes to illustrate the point: It is the system, not the players' talent that have made the Spurs so good this year.

And guess who those guys all rely on to get the system going: Parker, who has been shut down or is MIA (depending on your view).

Regardless of your belief there, I have to laugh when I hear analysts asking, "What happened to the Spurs' bench?" They are a bunch of role players. Role players don't typically create their own shots against tough D.

silverblk mystix
06-05-2012, 11:18 AM
He could have let them play until they fouled out- why save the fuckin' fouls?

For next season?

jjktkk
06-05-2012, 12:18 PM
He could have let them play until they fouled out- why save the fuckin' fouls?

For next season?

Sure, let your starting center and pf foul out. Great strategy.

silverblk mystix
06-05-2012, 12:31 PM
Sure, let your starting center and pf foul out. Great strategy.

Of course you would interpret it as "literally" let them foul out in the 1st qtr.