06-05-2012, 05:12 AM
Spurs give
Manu
Tiago Splitter
Neal or Green for

Pacer's
Paul George
Roy Hibbert

Pros: We get big and tough and get a real legit center in Hibbert for once after DRob era. I know he underperformed against Heat, but his ceiling is very high. He can make life so much easy for TD21
Paul George is also a SF that can rebound, shoot 3's, and athletic enough to guard bigs and small. He is a great option to go at 4 when we decide to go small

Cons: Losing Manu, enough said.

sehui
06-05-2012, 05:15 AM
No. Spurs have another year or two left in them as championship contenders (basically keeping this current roster), and we can still be a playoff team after that with decent drafting + free agency/trading.

Don't blow it up until we stop having 50+ game winning seasons. Every year since 2007 we've had a decent chance, decent enough not to blow up our franchise.

Start worrying when Timmy and Manu retire, which won't be for like another 2-3 years.

spursparker9
06-05-2012, 05:23 AM
If we can't win against OKC this season, then next season will be the same.

OKC is only getting better and better. They will easily be the No.1 team in the west for a long time.

FkLA
06-05-2012, 05:27 AM
If we can't win against OKC this season, then next season will be the same.

OKC is only getting better and better. They will easily be the No.1 team in the west for a long time.

They still have to pay both Ibaka and Harden after next season I think. If they can keep both I agree but I dont think its a given that theyll be able to retain both tbh.

sehui
06-05-2012, 05:30 AM
Manu doesn't deserve being traded to Indiana - after all he's contributed to our franchise - manning up and not starting for most of his career despite being an all-star, taking far less money then he deserves, playing in a defensive orientated team when he could thrive in like a Dantoni system, playing little minutes to preserve him... Being our best player for the past-3-5 years..helping us win 3 championships.

No man. No. Stay loyal, if we're going down, let's go down loyally and not be sellouts.

Plus, there's no way Indiana is going to do that trade, when they are up and coming. They were the 3rd seed this year, and are only going to get better. WTF are they going to do with Manu, Neal and Green, in addition to George Hill, Barbosa, and Collison?

Russo21
06-05-2012, 05:30 AM
I'd do that for sure. Splitter Neal and Green suck ass they can fuck off and i wont miss them.

Manu, we had a few good years with you, but you are old, nuff said.

Hibbert could give us one of the top centre's in the NBA for at least another 10 years, i'd do that in a heartbeat. A great building block.

No way Pacers do that though. Manu is just to old and splitter neal and green just plain suck.

smaka
06-05-2012, 05:31 AM
No way we are giving Manu away. He doesn't deserve that, simply.

temujin
06-05-2012, 05:54 AM
Trade Manu Ginobili?

Instead, you need to worry about Manu Ginobili going to Pop and saying:

Pop, you know that with me it's all about winning. We ain't winning anything anymore here, you and I know that all too well. I want to play for (Name a contender, Chicago for example), just make it happen.

100%duncan
06-05-2012, 06:29 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/20984193.jpg

TDMVPDPOY
06-05-2012, 06:30 AM
lol trading manu, while the other choke artist on the team gets a free pass....

doldrums
06-05-2012, 06:34 AM
Indiana would have to be mentally ill to trade future superstars for a bunch of nobodies and 1 aging star.

Ice009
06-05-2012, 06:48 AM
Trade Manu Ginobili?

Instead, you need to worry about Manu Ginobili going to Pop and saying:

Pop, you know that with me it's all about winning. We ain't winning anything anymore here, you and I know that all too well. I want to play for (Name a contender, Chicago for example), just make it happen.

Your 100% right. I'd be more worried about Manu asking to be traded from the Spurs.

Bunch of gutless fucks on this team.

All playoffs Manu comes off the bench, shit he even gets less minutes in the earlier games of this series then Pop basically asks him to start and save our fucking season.

Manu should have been starting from the get go. I said that Manu would be better with more minutes because he can find his rhythm easier than when he's on the bench.

Yet Pop fucked around with Green and even though Green sucked for 4 games he still started him and gave Manu limited minutes.

Manu and Jackson should both only be playing for teams that can win the Championship.

_jin
06-05-2012, 07:30 AM
you sound like a Heat fan.

About the OP trade, if the Pacers would ever agree to that trade, Bird and Morway should be institutionalized right away

smaka
06-05-2012, 08:17 AM
Do you guys think we can get only Hibbert? For who?

_jin
06-05-2012, 08:42 AM
Stop dreaming about Hibbert, they're not trading him no matter what, and Spurs have nothing that would entice them. They are not the Wolves or the Clippers.

Spursmania
06-05-2012, 08:48 AM
Indiana would have to be mentally ill to trade future superstars for a bunch of nobodies and 1 aging star.

This

Dr. John R. Brinkley
06-05-2012, 09:30 AM
I'm sure Indiana is up all night thinking of ways to destroy their young nucleus. Put down the bath salts.

Mark in Austin
06-05-2012, 10:32 AM
Hibbert is soft and inconsistent. Pass.

K-State Spur
06-05-2012, 10:56 AM
Spurs give
Manu
Tiago Splitter
Neal or Green for

Pacer's
Paul George
Roy Hibbert

Pros: We get big and tough and get a real legit center in Hibbert for once after DRob era. I know he underperformed against Heat, but his ceiling is very high. He can make life so much easy for TD21
Paul George is also a SF that can rebound, shoot 3's, and athletic enough to guard bigs and small. He is a great option to go at 4 when we decide to go small

Cons: Losing Manu, enough said.

Beyond all the other fail reasons mentioned, the knock on Hibbert is that his ceiling isn't that much higher than where he's at - he's already pretty skilled and doesn't have another level of athleticism to turn to. 15/10 is about the best you can hope for - which certainly has great value, but he's not going to turn into one of the all-time greats.

Kawhi > George

silverblk mystix
06-05-2012, 10:58 AM
Gonna be a looong off season...holy sheep-shit.