PDA

View Full Version : The one that got away...

TampaDude
06-05-2012, 07:29 AM
No, I'm not talking about Game 5. I'm talking about Game 1.

The Thunder could be resting for the Finals right now, but because they let Game 1 slip away at the end, they now have to play a Game 6 and possibly a Game 7 back in San Antonio.

If (and it's a huge if) the Spurs win Game 6 and then close it out in Game 7, the Thunder will always remember the Game 1 that got away.

MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!! WE NEED SOME NASTY!!!!! GO SPURS GO!!!!!

Typical London Boy
06-05-2012, 07:54 AM
I thought we were pretty lucky to hold onto Game 2 in the end as well.

Capt Bringdown
06-05-2012, 08:40 AM
They've made it look easy and they're the ones who are showing championship grit and mettle. OKC's default setting seems to be cruising with a 9 point lead while the Spurs have perfected the art of panicky meltdown.

Oh well, we knew it had to end sometime. Better by OKC hands than the Lakers.

100%duncan
06-05-2012, 08:48 AM
:flag:

Jimmy Early
06-05-2012, 09:20 AM
"Cruising" with a lead is the one thing Thunder is REALLY bad at. You can almost see it coming. The team is on a roll, running and dunking and getting stops. Someone hits a big shot (last night it was the Harden four-point play off the penetration and dish by Westbrook that put us up by 14 with about 9 minutes to go), and the opponent calls timeout.

Thunder fans like me can feel it coming on. The team is about to start thinking about protecting the lead and running the clock, instead of thinking about SCORING and continuing the aggressive play that got them the lead. Disaster always ensues, because this style of (non-) play is so out of character for the Thunder.

IF the Thunder gets a lead in the teens in Game 6, I REALLY hope we continue to play to score and win, instead of playing to "cruise" and milk the clock.
:lobt:

Horse
06-06-2012, 12:50 PM
We could say the same shit, we should've finished game 5 and game 4 we missed easy shots. They have hit impossible shots. and maybe got a little boost from their zebra friends.

Venti Quattro
06-06-2012, 01:10 PM
Ahha3Cqe_fk

dunkman
06-06-2012, 02:16 PM
PRNL-ZBgqnA&feature

tesseractive
06-06-2012, 02:19 PM
jXFuBuG03TU