PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phones

Avante
06-05-2012, 08:20 AM
Almost got hit yesterday by a kid talking on a cell phone while driving. I own a cell phone, but it's not what I do. One reason is I prefer to pay attention to the moment.

We see this all the time, there are two girls walking. Instead of them enjoying each others company or being in the moment they are on their phones. Off somewhere else.

At work a guy is having a fight with the wife/girl friend. Instead of picking it up after work when both have had some time to cool down they fight all day/night by cell phone meaning the guy is paying no attention at all to the job. Which can be dangerous. Yes yes yes most times workers aren't suppose to have cell phones on the floor, yeah right that'll work:rolleyes

What are we becoming? Will we start evolving into a human with our necks bowed since we are always looking down?

Sure, a cell phone is great to have, nice to be able to communicate where you are, but to make it a large % of what you do.....nay!

I confess I've never been one to yak on a phone anyway. As we know women...............................

jeebus
06-05-2012, 09:19 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m54q62oP821qjtq3eo1_500.jpg

Avante
06-05-2012, 09:47 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m54q62oP821qjtq3eo1_500.jpg

A friend of mines daughter couldn't get a job. When she finally landed one her first purchase was an expensive cell phone. She lives at home. No thoughts of sving up for a car, her own anything other than a cell phone:rolleyes

cantthinkofanything
06-05-2012, 09:50 AM
.... One reason is I prefer to pay attention to the moment....

What are we becoming? Will we start evolving into a human with our necks bowed since we are always looking down?

That's rich coming from someone who spends a good part of their life creating trolls and posting on message boards.

I realize you're trying something different from RaZon. But either you still sound too much like RaZon or maybe it's because I know you're RaZon and am not able to fully disassociate you from her.

But I can't fucking stand your posts. I still read them, knowing full and well that you're stealing precious seconds of my life every time. And yet I read them anyway...

Avante
06-05-2012, 09:58 AM
I realize you're trying something different from RaZon. But either you still sound too much like RaZon or maybe it's because I know you're RaZon and am not able to fully disassociate you from her.

But I can't fucking stand your posts. I still read them, knowing full and well that you're stealing precious seconds of my life every time. And yet I read them anyway...

You worry too much about everyone else. Look down there at your attempts to start a thread, how sad are you? Nobody likes you and everyone see's you as a HUGE joke. I was told about you before I brought RaZon here. It was "there is this one freak there that will love RaZon, all he does is criticize" yep that is all you are about. Which is funny because you totally suck as a poster. Trust me on this, you are the last person on this board who needs to tell others anything. You are ignorant, stupid and sad. Now go bother someone more on your level.

I'm not as nice as RaZon. He would..."now don't say that about my mom"..you were so hooked on that hook it was ridiculous. You never figured it out:rolleyes

cantthinkofanything
06-05-2012, 10:08 AM
You worry too much about everyone else. Look down there at your attempts to start a thread, how sad are you? Nobody likes you and everyone see's you as a HUGE joke. I was told about you before I brought RaZon here. It was "there is this one freak there that will love RaZon, all he does is criticize" yep that is all you are about. Which is funny because you totally suck as a poster. Trust me on this, you are the last person on this board who needs to tell others anything. You are ignorant, stupid and sad. Now go bother someone more on your level.

:lol

That's better. Can you do a pretend meltdown too?

Avante
06-05-2012, 10:13 AM
:lol

That's better. Can you do a pretend meltdown too?

There we have it. You couldn't care less what others tell you. Well neither do I. We are in hiding which means we can act like we do, wow big fucking deal.....right? The bottom line is entertainment. You know as well as I do that the joust/debate/argument on the net while sitting on your ass is far more interesting than talking about cats, food, fat etc etc etc.

I know how to work you, and have been ever since I got here. You are simple. My fav was.."a 9.3 100m...no way!!!!"...hahahahaha! Talk about an idiot:rolleyes

cantthinkofanything
06-05-2012, 10:20 AM
There we have it. You couldn't care less what others tell you. Well neither do I. We are in hiding which means we can act like we do, wow big fucking deal.....right? The bottom line is entertainment. You know as well as I do that the joust/debate/argument on the net while sitting on your ass is far more interesting than talking about cats, food, fat etc etc etc.

I know how to work you, and have been ever since I got here. You are simple. My fav was.."a 9.3 100m...no way!!!!"...hahahahaha! Talk about an idiot:rolleyes

Yeah, I admit you got me with all the track stuff. I assumed you were just making up shit like you did with your blues "facts". Congratulations on your internet victory.

And please don't curse at me.

O.J. Simpson
06-05-2012, 10:24 AM
You both need to be purged from existence.

Avante
06-05-2012, 10:32 AM
Yeah, I admit you got me with all the track stuff. I assumed you were just making up shit like you did with your blues "facts". Congratulations on your internet victory.

And please don't curse at me.

First of all like the track stuff you totally knew nothing about the blues stuff. I explained the situation there.

I have four (other than family) passions, blues, track, football. literature (specific areas). When it comes to those four I know what I'm talking aout. I moderated a track board. Could teach primitive blues at any University. Would beat anyone in a football trivia contest. I understand how it works on these boards, it's your job to make me look bad because I bragged. Well aware of that messgeboard trip. And you played that part, trying all you could to show me up/prove me wrong. It just had to be me talking out my ass....right? I think you now see that I wasn't.

Music is all about influenses. Everyone heard someone who heard someone who...................

Avante
06-05-2012, 10:36 AM
You both need to be purged from existence.

Were you invited here...nope! So why not do this, pick those threads you find interesting and post on those, make sense? Why waste your time on threads you don't understand?

cantthinkofanything
06-05-2012, 10:49 AM
First of all like the track stuff you totally knew nothing about the blues stuff. I explained the situation there.

I have four (other than family) passions, blues, track, football. literature (specific areas). When it comes to those four I know what I'm talking aout. I moderated a track board. Could teach primitive blues at any University. Would beat anyone in a football trivia contest. I understand how it works on these boards, it's your job to make me look bad because I bragged. Well aware of that messgeboard trip. And you played that part, trying all you could to show me up/prove me wrong. It just had to be me talking out my ass....right? I think you now see that I wasn't.

Music is all about influenses. Everyone heard someone who heard someone who...................

I'm not really understanding the difference between Avante and RaZon.
Are you wearing parachute pants when you're RaZon? You realize visual differences won't be perceived on the message board unless you post pics of your "selves".

mFFL03
06-05-2012, 11:39 AM
WALL-E...the new "1983".

Oneton
06-05-2012, 01:13 PM
Just gobble each others cawks and be done with it. I for one would never argue with anyone on ST.

cantthinkofanything
06-05-2012, 01:26 PM
Just gobble each others cawks and be done with it. I for one would never argue with anyone on ST.

so instead of arguing with anyone, you just "gobble cawks"?

but I learned somthing today. Your name reminded me of a really old song. I never really new what it said but it sounded like "one ton amera".

turns out I was wrong

zuqFFpt3g_s

Oneton
06-05-2012, 01:42 PM
so instead of arguing with anyone, you just "gobble cawks"?

but I learned somthing today. Your name reminded me of a really old song. I never really new what it said but it sounded like "one ton amera".

turns out I was wrong

zuqFFpt3g_s

Nah I wouldn't do that. But there is a lot of sexual tension between you two.

Guantanamera

cantthinkofanything
06-05-2012, 01:54 PM
Nah I wouldn't do that. But there is a lot of sexual tension between you two.

Guantanamera

really? I don't have any sexual feelings toward her at all.
Anyway, Guantanamera reminded me of this 70's cover.

DWlzWLyN2xM

Oneton
06-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Are you kidding? The sexual tension is palpable... you can palp it, that's how strong it is.

cantthinkofanything
06-05-2012, 02:48 PM
Are you kidding? The sexual tension is palpable... you can palp it, that's how strong it is.

huh. Had no idea. Do you think she might be hot?

Avante
06-05-2012, 08:14 PM
I'm not really understanding the difference between Avante and RaZon.
Are you wearing parachute pants when you're RaZon? You realize visual differences won't be perceived on the message board unless you post pics of your "selves".

RaZon would bait you/others, I don't. I don't post silly pictures or a multitude of youtube stuff. I don't post as much because the game is over. I also don't put up with with the stupid bullshit like RaZon did.

RaZon make an impression on you and it's obvious. Let it go.

The Reckoning
06-05-2012, 09:07 PM
i have a friend who dropped out of college to work at a high tech co. in austin. he'd probably be homeless if it wasnt for tech tbh.

Avante
06-05-2012, 09:15 PM
i have a friend who dropped out of college to work at a high tech co. in austin. he'd probably be homeless if it wasnt for tech tbh.

I have a son in law who ain't worth a fuck until it comes to computers. The guy knows all there is to know about them. He can't change his oil, knows nothing about most things but have some computer question or problem and he's magic.