PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Facing Final Stand--Johnny Ludden

wildbill2u
06-05-2012, 09:37 AM
As the longtime sportswriter covering the Spurs for the Express/News, Ludden probably knows the players and coaches better than any other national sportswriter.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--spurs-facing-final-stand-after-game-5-loss-to-thunder-pushes-them-to-brink-of-elimination.html;_ylt=AmvAZCTfR_VXoexLu3MMTO68vLYF

This is almost a farewell eulogy in tribute to the champion Spurs big 3.

Russ
06-05-2012, 10:04 AM

An annual ritual it seems.

Look at the bright side, at least this time it's a June eulogy rather than the customary May tribute.

dbreiden83080
06-05-2012, 10:08 AM
"I absolutely believe we can win," Duncan said, and his confidence sounded sincere. As he walked out of the locker room and started down the long hallway, Parker called to him. They commiserated for a few moments then disappeared out the exit together. "

TDMVPDPOY
06-05-2012, 10:14 AM
one thing is to believe, another is to go out and not playin like chicken shit

PublicOption
06-05-2012, 10:20 AM
the league is not gonna pass up a moment to have the OKC fans all hoopin' and hollerin' on national TV.

let me guess how this one turns out.

1. the spurs will be up by 10 maybe even 15 early.
2. then by some miracle (the refs) the spurs will lose by 10-15
3. there will be enough time left for brooks to empty the bench so the team can have a standng "O".

HAPPENS EVERY TIME.

OldSilentHill
06-05-2012, 10:22 AM
Good article.

jiggy_55
06-05-2012, 10:23 AM
Beautifully written. Ludden is simply amazing when it comes to Spurs articles.

PublicOption
06-05-2012, 10:28 AM
dzB6ZEHxumA

SpursFaninMS
06-05-2012, 11:20 AM
As the longtime sportswriter covering the Spurs for the Express/News, Ludden probably knows the players and coaches better than any other national sportswriter.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--spurs-facing-final-stand-after-game-5-loss-to-thunder-pushes-them-to-brink-of-elimination.html;_ylt=AmvAZCTfR_VXoexLu3MMTO68vLYF

Ladies and Gentlemen, the third annual eulogy of the San Antonio Spurs.

The big three will be back next year. We will have a great regular season because our team is built for a great regular season. Hell, I'm willing to bet that we will be a top four seed and would not be surprised if we were the 1 or 2.

We will win a series or two and then run into a great team with athleticism that can make adjustments, stop the system, and make us rely on one-on-one ball.

NRHector
06-05-2012, 11:24 AM
if the Spurs lose tomorrow that will be the end of a great era and proud of it

GrandeDavid
06-05-2012, 11:25 AM
I would think the league would want this going seven. More games, more revenue.

thunderfan
06-05-2012, 11:33 AM
This stuff cracks me up...the way fans overreact. You guys are selling yourselves way short here. Yeah 3 games in a row is tough to swallow, but some people act as if they've just written the team off. Hell, they won for like 2 months straight, they've OWNED OKC for several years now. To win 2 straight here, 1 at home, just doesn't stretch my imagination all that much, considering who is playing. This crap goes on all the time. People have a short term memory.

thunderfan
06-05-2012, 11:41 AM
Thanks for your input.

Now take two steps backward and go fuck yourself.

Sounds like a plan, thanks for the idea.

Dex
06-05-2012, 12:00 PM
...Dang it.

cd98
06-05-2012, 12:10 PM
Look, the Spurs can win on any court on any given night as currently constituted. But OKC is on a roll and our guys have no confidence. All role players are playing well below their regular season and playoff performance in this series.

Our best bet: Shorten the rotation and with 8 guys and pray we don't turn the ball over. Turnovers are killing us.

baseline bum
06-05-2012, 12:13 PM
dzB6ZEHxumA

Fuck the Sonics and their fans. Couldn't happen to a more deserving fanbase and I hope the Thunder can go all the way to twist the knife further in their hearts should the Spurs not make a miraculous comeback in games 6 & 7.