PDA

View Full Version : Fools gold team

Kyle Orton
06-05-2012, 02:31 PM
I'm not trying to troll or talk shit, let's clear that up. Us fans from other fanbases (Mavs,Lakers,Heat,etc.) saw it and told y'all all year long that weak defensive teams don't win in the playoffs. Y'all as Spurfan should know that first hand. A great regular season doesn't change that fact, tbh. All offense/no defense teams with a PG as its best player is destined for regular seasons success but an out in the playoffs.

When Spurfan was jumping up and down after sweeping the Jazz(:lol) and Clippers, we tried to tell you to wait until a legit opponent yet parade routes and championship team comparisons to past champions were already made.

I hope the roses smelt good though.

ChumpDumper
06-05-2012, 02:34 PM
lol we

lol not trolling

Roger Freemason Jr.
06-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Damn, it sucks, but everything you just said is right.

SamoanTD
06-05-2012, 02:41 PM
:troll

spurraider21
06-05-2012, 02:47 PM
there's a difference between being championship caliber and being champion. there is zero doubt the spurs are a championship caliber team, but every year there are at least a few championship caliber teams, yet only one is crowned. that doesn't mean no other team was contending. the spurs still have a shot. a win in okc will be tough, but its certainly doable with the squad we have, and if we were coming off a win i'd love our chances in a home game 7.

mingus
06-05-2012, 02:50 PM
Could the defense be better? Yes. Do I think that it is the sole, or biggest, reason the Spurs probably (90%) won't advance? No. The problem has been Parker's lack of confidence. Just like it was a problem after the first two games in the '04 WCS, almost the '03 Finals, and last year against Memphis.

Kyle Orton
06-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Could the defense be better? Yes. Do I think that it is the sole, or biggest, reason the Spurs probably (90%) won't advance? No. The problem has been Parker's lack of confidence. Just like it was a problem after the first two games in the '04 WCS, almost the '03 Finals, and last year against Memphis.

Parker could definitely play better but y'all are still scoring pretty efficient from the eye test sans the turnovers. Idk the shooting percentages or anything.

Durant and even Harden are getting literally whatever they want. I guess the credit goes to them though because they're hitting tough shots

jacuza20
06-05-2012, 02:58 PM
I'm not trying to troll or talk shit, let's clear that up. Us fans from other fanbases (Mavs,Lakers,Heat,etc.) saw it and told y'all all year long that weak defensive teams don't win in the playoffs. Y'all as Spurfan should know that first hand. A great regular season doesn't change that fact, tbh. All offense/no defense teams with a PG as its best player is destined for regular seasons success but an out in the playoffs.

When Spurfan was jumping up and down after sweeping the Jazz(:lol) and Clippers, we tried to tell you to wait until a legit opponent yet parade routes and championship team comparisons to past champions were already made.

Seriously, why are you still here? All you do is parade on spurstalk and troll everybody on here. You must really have a hard-on for the spurs since you linger around so much. Also, why do you have Peja as your icon? Hasn't he been extinct for a decade now?

mingus
06-05-2012, 03:08 PM
The TO's are translating to points.

People don't seem to realize that a lot of these TOs are resulting from Tony's unwillingness to take the 17-foot jumper that they are giving him--that they have to give him otherwise he will beat them off the dribble. Instead of taking these open shots, he's either directly or indirectly resulting in turnovers or worse shots.

FromWayDowntown
06-05-2012, 03:12 PM
Parker could definitely play better but y'all are still scoring pretty efficient from the eye test sans the turnovers. Idk the shooting percentages or anything.

Truth here. Even getting absolutely nothing from Danny Green and Matt Bonner offensively, and getting next to nothing from Tiago Splitter, the Spurs continue to be able to score the ball relatively efficiently (certainly, they're scoring prolifically (101.8 ppg in this series, shooting 47% from the field and 40% from behind the arc)).

But they're killing themselves giving the ball away almost 5 times more per game than OKC is. They've also had more than 3 more shots per game sent back by Ibaka and crew than the Thunder have suffered. I realize there is some nuance to what happens after a block or a turnover, but in broad terms, being -5 to/gm and -3 blk/gm costs the Spurs 8 possessions each night. It's hard to beat anyone that way.

The fact that the Spurs have basically given away 8 extra possessions per game and have nevertheless been able to score 100+ in 4 of the 5 games (while staying within striking distance in crunch times of Games 4 and 5) and to still shoot the ball well over the course of the series says a lot about how good they really are offensively.

But . . . .

Durant and even Harden are getting literally whatever they want. I guess the credit goes to them though because they're hitting tough shots

No doubt. The Spurs best defense in 4th quarters of this series has been hoping for misses.

cherylsteele
06-05-2012, 03:27 PM

When you have to use the precursor :"I'm not trying to troll or talk shit"then you instantly lose any little credibility you may have had.

Budkin
06-05-2012, 03:36 PM

No one can deny that defense wins championships. And we're not getting stops.

SpursFaninMS
06-05-2012, 03:49 PM

How in the hell a team who gets to the conference finals and loses in six games to a very good--potentially great--team fool's gold?

ChumpDumper
06-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Strange that you would agree with the OP.

DMC
06-05-2012, 05:00 PM
We won the regular season b2b. Hell yeah we did.

DieHardSpursFan1537
06-05-2012, 05:48 PM
http://thehoopdoctors.com/online/wp-content/uploads/popovichjoke.jpg

Horse
06-06-2012, 12:47 PM
This is fucking retarded we're a flukey harden 3 away from being up 3-2 instead of down. We could've won game 4 too if not for all the easy shots we missed.

Goran Dragic
06-06-2012, 01:00 PM
:cry:cry:cryI'm a fat, angry be@ner:cry:cry:cry

Mugen
06-06-2012, 01:04 PM
Spurs haven't been relevant for 5 years and MavFan/LakerFan/SunsFan are still obsessed.

Darius Bieber
06-06-2012, 01:04 PM
Not at all true. Thunder had luck making some shots, the Spurs did not. If Harden misses that three or if Ginobili had made the three to tie it, or if Ginobili had made that layup for a three point play posts like this would not turn up and we would be up 3-2.

Ditty
06-06-2012, 02:02 PM
Stop it

senorglory
06-06-2012, 02:12 PM
WCF = "fool's gold?"

dunkman
06-06-2012, 02:19 PM
wtl;dr
But judging by the title you may have a point tbh . . .

IwantSomeNsty
06-06-2012, 02:33 PM
OKC had worse ranked defense than spurs

ploto
06-06-2012, 03:26 PM
What if OKC is simply better? I have had trouble with Spurs fans being willing even to consider the possibility.

Durant- 3-time 1st team all NBA; 3-time scoring champ; 23 years old

Westbrook- 2-time 2nd team all NBA; 23 years old

Harden- Sixth man; 22 years old

Ibaka-1st team all-defense; 2nd voting DPOY; 22 years old

Add in Perkins who has experience winning a title; the veteran knowledge of Fisher; and a blue-collar big man off the bench, and you have quite a team!

Tony is the best player on the Spurs, but only because Duncan and Manu have gotten older. The two best players on the roster are on the down sides of their careers.

DMC
06-06-2012, 03:46 PM
Wow everyone getting banned (well, nobody actually but still).

easy7
06-06-2012, 05:52 PM
This mofo is better than Captain hindsight. Can't wait to see his picks for next year after the fact....