PDA

View Full Version : This can't be it, this can't be over.

naico
06-05-2012, 04:35 PM
Captain Jack coming back to S.A. in an emotional return, with the opportunity to be a champ again and making it full circle, after all the ups and downs he's had.

Timmy going for a 5th championship, injury free, rejuvenated, looking poised all season long and knowing he has the chance to expand his legacy.

TP who can finally take the step to point guard greatness, proving his critics wrong.

Manu, realising this is a rare (and maybe final) season where he can actually use his full strength and throw his body around during the playoffs.

They've all had their bad games for whatever reasons in these playoffs but i just can't see these guys as being quitters. Their season is on the line and for some of them, maybe the last opportunity to win a championship.

This is step up time. These are the moments in which true champions are made. And champions they are.

Believe.

Budkin
06-05-2012, 04:44 PM
They are just getting beaten by a team that is peaking at the right time.

Arcadian
06-05-2012, 04:54 PM
They are just getting beaten by a team that is peaking at the right time.

See, that's the tricky thing. Everyone wants to peak at the "right time," but how can you control that? Everyone presumably tries to play their best all season long. If the Spurs peaked too early - just a little too early, May instead of June - can you really blame them for it? How do you peak in June instead of May? It just seems arbitrary.

dbreiden83080
06-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Just have to come out fighting.. Make OKC be clutch yet again to beat us..

PublicOption
06-05-2012, 04:58 PM
thats bs, peaking whatever. 20 games in a row is not peaking. BULL FUCKING SHIT.

KaiRMD1
06-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Thunder are beatable but the Spurs have to play ball and when I say the Spurs I mean the team that went on that 20 game winning streak. A 20 game winning streak isn't a fluke.

SilverNBlackCDN
06-05-2012, 05:01 PM
Listen, OKC is dang good team. If you look at the box scores of the last two games, the Spurs would be beating anyone else in the league with there play. When you make 50% of your shots you expect to win. Well when the other team makes 56% of theirs, not so much. They are also hitting as many 3`s as the Spurs. The difference between these teams in the regular season was 3 wins! That is it. The PD was nearly the same, home records and away records almost. But none of that matters. You might be able to beat 28 teams in the league but if you cannot beat the 29th it does not matter. Look, Memphis had this teams number last year. How do you think the Knicks/Pacers/Jazz of the Jordan era felt? Then again they were the best team in the league, but if it was not for the Bulls all those teams would have rings.

What I am calling out is the rotation on the defense. Guys have no passion or heart to get around screens. They know the pick n roll is coming, stop it! That is a big issue with this team ever since NO was running it with Chandler and Paul back a few years.

And if they do lose this year, Duncan may retire, so what we move on, there is enough talent on this team to still compete for years to come and heck add a piece and who knows. BUT!!!! It ain`t over until OKC wins that 4th game. Until then...

Thomas82
06-05-2012, 05:57 PM
All I have to say is, the media already has OKC and Miami in the Finals. If that, along with the fact that OKC's players are acting cocky and the Spurs are DANGEROUSLY close to squandering a golden opportunity is not enough to motivate them, NOTHING will. Also, imagine how embarrassing it would be for them to be #1 in the West 2 years in a row, and still not get it done.

Spurs4#5
06-05-2012, 06:26 PM
Spurs can't win or even have a shot if they turn the ball over more then 20 times and give up 28 points off turnovers

TXstbobcat
06-05-2012, 06:42 PM
If the spurs hold their turnovers to no more than 10, I think they will have a great chance to take game 6.