PDA

View Full Version : It's not on Bron. It's not on Wade. It's not on the Bosh injury. It's on...

midnightpulp
06-05-2012, 10:29 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0429/nba_spoelstra1x_sq_300.jpg

Of course the moron media and Lebron and/or Wade haters will spin it anyway they can to blame Miami's superstars, but the real reason Miami has gotten outplayed by Boston in 4 of the 5 games is because the former video coordinator, Erik Spoelstra, has an offensive system Mike Brown would laugh at. The only plays Filibeaner knows how to call are ISO sets for Wade or Lebron.

And yeah, I'm pissed. If the Spurs weren't winning it all, I at least wanted a Lebron vs. Durant, Westbrook vs. Wade, Finals matchup.

Lol @ Riley putting a video coordinator in charge of a potential dynasty.

Venti Quattro
06-05-2012, 10:30 PM
:lmao Philibeaner

O.J. Simpson
06-05-2012, 10:31 PM
lol, eating dog while reading the bible.

Arcadian
06-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Really? I'm actually thrilled that Boston won.

DMC
06-05-2012, 10:33 PM
Towelboy

I want to see the Heat miss the Finals. Would much rather see the Celtics in it.

Goran Dragic
06-05-2012, 10:34 PM
If Riley doesn't fire Spoelstra after the season then it means he's completely lost it :lol

Donkeybong
06-05-2012, 10:35 PM
:lol

Nathan89
06-05-2012, 10:36 PM

I have mixed filling about the issue. It makes me think what could have been if Pop wanted to play his guy bigger minutes.

DMC
06-05-2012, 10:37 PM
Either Phil Jackson or Pop coaching the Heat next year. Cannot imagine Mike D there, nor Nate. We'll see.

Ace
06-05-2012, 10:38 PM
If Riley doesn't fire Spoelstra after the season then it means he's completely lost it :lol

LkrFan
06-05-2012, 10:38 PM
Bullshit. Spo doesn't rebound. Spo doesn't block shots. Spo doesn't brick 3s.

Time to hold these superstar clowns accountable. No excuses.

LkrFan
06-05-2012, 10:39 PM
Either Phil Jackson or Pop coaching the Heat next year. Cannot imagine Mike D there, nor Nate. We'll see.

Scratch PJ off the wish list. Him and Riles aren't exactly BFFs.

Ace
06-05-2012, 10:42 PM

LkrFag with another bad take...

HarlemHeat37
06-05-2012, 10:42 PM
:lol praying Lebron and Wade hero ball works on every play

:lol finally using Lebron/Wade pick and roll for the first time in the series, watching it provide efficient offense, yet going away from it..

:lol not playing Bosh in the most important stretch of the 4th quarter, despite seeing him nearly drop a double-double in limited minutes, while Miami got killed on the boards, which ultimately cost them the game..

:lol running Lebron into the ground every game and rarely giving him a rest..

:lol never giving up on Battier..

:lol getting severely outcoached by a Black coach..

:lol terrible motivational talks and speeches..

Latarian Milton
06-05-2012, 10:43 PM
phil most likely, dude always figure out a way to make the best use of great individuals. Phil is making a true FUCKING dynasty for us

DeadlyDynasty
06-05-2012, 10:44 PM

timtonymanu
06-05-2012, 10:45 PM

:lmao

Samuel Eto'o
06-05-2012, 10:47 PM
http://www.interbasket.net/news/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/spoelstra1.jpg

Ace
06-05-2012, 10:48 PM
"Stay the course"

Samuel Eto'o
06-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Weather the storm

dbreiden83080
06-05-2012, 10:51 PM
This team next year needs more depth and yes Pat has to come down to the coach the team.. Wade is 30 the window is not even that big to win...

z0sa
06-05-2012, 10:53 PM
Riley should have taken the reins from the very beginning.

Every second that passes that Spoelstra remains HC is a huge mistake on his part, tbh.

TampaDude
06-05-2012, 10:54 PM

:toast Celtics close it out at home in a blowout. Celtics in 6.

Darth_Pelican
06-05-2012, 10:56 PM

TampaDude
06-05-2012, 10:56 PM

Not a chance...Riley hates PJ and Pop will retire as a Spur.

dbreiden83080
06-05-2012, 11:30 PM
Not 0, Not 0, Not 0, Not 0..........

HarlemHeat37
06-05-2012, 11:37 PM
The reason Philly played well vs. Boston was due to their defensive strategy..they played man-to-man and forced Boston to beat them 1 on 1..

Miami's swarming strategy is retarded..they're constantly overplaying and doubling at the top, they're allowing a team that moves the ball well to play to their strengths, as opposed to forcing them to play 1 on 1, which they can no longer do..

Ray Allen himself said that the Celtics are moving the ball faster than Miami can run around..

Everybody seems to notice this flaw, except for the coach..

HarlemHeat37
06-05-2012, 11:46 PM
Spoelstra is getting killed on ESPN and NBA TV..

baseline bum
06-05-2012, 11:53 PM
Even if they win the title they should still fire him.

dbreiden83080
06-05-2012, 11:58 PM
For everyone blaming the coach what you don't think Riley is telling him what all the fanboys are saying and more about adjustments??

This roster is not good enough... Lebron and Wade and with a hurt Bosh

The rest of this roster is complete and total shit... They have ZERO depth..

ducks
06-06-2012, 01:10 AM
wonder what jerry sloan with heat would be like

Spurs da champs
06-06-2012, 01:14 AM
One thing is for sure Wade has choked just as much as LeBron in these PO's weather its missing clutch free throws or taking shitty final shots.

Coaching change or not, Heat need a legit center.

Killakobe81
06-06-2012, 02:08 AM
:lol praying Lebron and Wade hero ball works on every play

:lol finally using Lebron/Wade pick and roll for the first time in the series, watching it provide efficient offense, yet going away from it..

:lol not playing Bosh in the most important stretch of the 4th quarter, despite seeing him nearly drop a double-double in limited minutes, while Miami got killed on the boards, which ultimately cost them the game..

:lol running Lebron into the ground every game and rarely giving him a rest..

:lol never giving up on Battier..

:lol getting severely outcoached by a Black coach..

:lol terrible motivational talks and speeches..

This. His pressers suck too ...

LA24
06-06-2012, 02:18 AM
This. His pressers suck too ...

Can't be any worse than Pop's "this is a big boy's game."

Koolaid_Man
06-06-2012, 06:02 AM

Of course the moron media and Lebron and/or Wade haters will spin it anyway they can to blame Miami's superstars, but the real reason Miami has gotten outplayed by Boston in 4 of the 5 games is because the former video coordinator, Erik Spoelstra, has an offensive system Mike Brown would laugh at. The only plays Filibeaner knows how to call are ISO sets for Wade or Lebron.

And yeah, I'm pissed. If the Spurs weren't winning it all, I at least wanted a Lebron vs. Durant, Westbrook vs. Wade, Finals matchup.

that's my boy...concede defeat...that's the way uh huh uh huh I like it!!!!:lol

pikkiwoki
06-06-2012, 11:01 AM

Sam Presti started out as a video coordinator, I'm juss sayin

flipspursfan
06-06-2012, 11:07 AM
Dammit and most Filipinos are rooting for MIA cause of his descent. Stupid reason for any support, I don't think descent should be a reason for pride. Back on topic, he doesn't know how to coach.

Sportstudi
06-06-2012, 11:10 AM
http://i.minus.com/ij6WXkeWY7q68.gif

LnGrrrR
06-06-2012, 11:57 AM
:lmao Wade has been acting like a straight up bitch this whole series. Lost a lot of respect for him.

dbreiden83080
06-06-2012, 12:30 PM
:lmao Wade has been acting like a straight up bitch this whole series. Lost a lot of respect for him.

He really is a crybaby and overated IMO.. The Skip Bayless's and SAS of the world act like he is this legendary clutch performer. Wade was great in the 2006 finals.. 2006..... What has he really done since then? He was on Heat teams that missed the playoffs while battling injures as they rebuilt.. Wade isn't the player the media has built him up to be..

cheguevara
06-06-2012, 12:37 PM
It was lebron and wade's and bosh's plan to join up in miami and win championships. they did not care if a monkey coached them to it.

they conceived that idea after sharing a couple of ladyboys in china.

and you wanna blame the monkey?

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Findog
06-06-2012, 03:46 PM

The problem is being so top-heavy and having a bench and rotation that sucks beyond the Big Three. They are less equipped than other contenders to survive an injury to a star player. Bosh is being paid near the max to take a role as a #3 guy. It would make more sense to pay a third wheel a third-wheel salary instead of paying an All Star near max money to play a supporting role. Different sport, but reminds me of when the Rangers paid A-Rod $25 mil a year when they could have had three good players for that money.

They'd be better off having two superstars and a heavy rotation of good role players than three star players and a huge bag of shit for a rotation. I'd trade Wade for a decent starting center and a couple of role players, then fire Spo and bring in a real coach.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-06-2012, 03:50 PM
Sam Presti started out as a video coordinator, I'm juss sayin
being a GM =/= being a coach

Sam Presti doesn't need to have the ability to inspire players/earn their respect.

LiamNeeson'shero
06-06-2012, 04:41 PM
d wade to denver for George Karl. I mean the heat played best when they played the up tempo style, but they stopped towards the end of the season/playoffs. Karl coaches up tempo. Problem solved

OZWIN
06-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Yeah he is a terrible coach...all that talent going to waste. :rolleyes

shyne
06-06-2012, 04:45 PM
I lost respect for wade when he dislocated his shoulder, and needed a wheelchair to get to the back. That was some major pussy drama, will never forget that.

DMC
06-06-2012, 04:50 PM
The problem is being so top-heavy and having a bench and rotation that sucks beyond the Big Three. They are less equipped than other contenders to survive an injury to a star player.

True stuff, but this far into the playoffs, almost no one survives an injury to a star player.

DMC
06-06-2012, 04:50 PM
I lost respect for wade when he dislocated his shoulder, and needed a wheelchair to get to the back. That was some major pussy drama, will never forget that.
His opponent was far worse tbh. That Paul Pierce shit was pathetic.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-06-2012, 05:12 PM
:lol classic Spurfan acting as if he has any idea how painful it is walking with a completely dislocated shoulder.

pikkiwoki
06-06-2012, 05:26 PM
being a GM =/= being a coach

Sam Presti doesn't need to have the ability to inspire players/earn their respect.

How about Frank Vogel? He also started out as a video coordinator. Point is if Spoelstra sucks as a coach, you can't necessarily say it was because he started out as a video coordinator. Maybe the guy just sucks because he sucks lol.

z0sa
06-06-2012, 05:27 PM
How about Frank Vogel? He also started out as a video coordinator. Point is if Spoelstra sucks as a coach, you can't necessarily say it was because he started out as a video coordinator. Maybe the guy just sucks because he sucks lol.

Frank Vogel is also terrible.

HarlemHeat37
06-06-2012, 05:30 PM
:lol I understand pikkiwoki's point, but ya, Frank Vogel isn't exactly a good example..he made an abundance of coaching errors vs. Miami, particularly going away from Hibbert and West on a regular basis..

pikkiwoki
06-06-2012, 05:47 PM
:lol I understand pikkiwoki's point, but ya, Frank Vogel isn't exactly a good example..he made an abundance of coaching errors vs. Miami, particularly going away from Hibbert and West on a regular basis..

Hibbert is softer than Yao Ming tho

shyne
06-06-2012, 05:51 PM
:lol classic Spurfan acting as if he has any idea how painful it is walking with a completely dislocated shoulder.

I've had one bitch, was able to walk fine and I didn't
Cry like he did.

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
06-22-2012, 11:03 AM

scanry
06-22-2012, 12:22 PM
The Dog/Rat eater shitting on Mid as usual.

midnightpulp
01-10-2013, 12:37 PM
I'll bump this for further discussion about Video Coordinator.

Did he grow up as a coach during the Finals? Or did Lebron save his job?

Clipper Nation
01-10-2013, 12:43 PM

:cry Fire Mike Brown! Fire D'Antoni! We want Phil! :cry

KaiRMD1
01-10-2013, 03:37 PM
Usually, the coach is to blame but since the Heat have so many superstars and they won a ship, Spoelstra isn't going to get the blame.

Malik Hairston
01-11-2013, 01:28 AM
Spoelstra is one of the worst coaches in the NBA, as I've been saying for years..his defensive system is easy to exploit and he doesn't have an offensive system..

Miami cannot win without Lebron, Wade and Bosh playing 110% every night(the effort they provide during the playoffs), which is the reason they have not been a dominant regular season team in the 3 Kings era, tbh..they don't have a system to rely on, along with the lack of power up front..

midnightpulp
06-14-2014, 06:16 AM
I'll bump this for further discussion about Video Coordinator.

Did he grow up as a coach during the 2013 and 2014 Finals? Or did Lebron and 6 save his job?

I was buying into him after reading about his "pace and space" system and how he went hard back to the drawing board after the 2011 defeat, but he's looked clueless this series. Yes, his roster is gassed, his PGs are terrible, but you also have to give credit to the Spurs for tiring them out.

And watching video breakdowns, the offense runs their system for like two possessions and then falls back into iso-ball centered around Lebron.

midnightpulp
06-14-2014, 06:18 AM
The reason Philly played well vs. Boston was due to their defensive strategy..they played man-to-man and forced Boston to beat them 1 on 1..

Miami's swarming strategy is retarded..they're constantly overplaying and doubling at the top, they're allowing a team that moves the ball well to play to their strengths, as opposed to forcing them to play 1 on 1, which they can no longer do..

Ray Allen himself said that the Celtics are moving the ball faster than Miami can run around..

Everybody seems to notice this flaw, except for the coach..

What do you know.

jeebus
06-14-2014, 07:04 AM
But mid, the national commentators, ESPN, and the like, all say that Spo is a great coach! :cry

:lol You could have Horse run the Heat over the past couple years and still win a title; but once actual basketball related thinking comes into play, he'll get exposed. Like Spooby and Brooks and Rivers.

RsxPiimp
06-14-2014, 07:28 AM
Despite winning 2 titles and leading Miami to 4 straight NBA finals, the coach is still the reason for their downfall this year?

Ever thought of the fact that Popovich and his system are just far superior to Spoelstra's?

You can insert Phil Jackson in this squad and he's not going to rally Miami to a title this year. Lebron is not even dominating as we're all accustomed to see from him. The whole roster looks gassed, possibly due to fatigue.

It's just not Spo this time around tbh.

Spurs9
06-14-2014, 09:15 AM
Despite winning 2 titles and leading Miami to 4 straight NBA finals, the coach is still the reason for their downfall this year?

Ever thought of the fact that Popovich and his system are just far superior to Spoelstra's?

You can insert Phil Jackson in this squad and he's not going to rally Miami to a title this year. Lebron is not even dominating as we're all accustomed to see from him. The whole roster looks gassed, possibly due to fatigue.

It's just not Spo this time around tbh.
His system is superior, however he hasn't learned to manage minutes thru the season like Pop has. They were so concerned with getting the 1 seed they played huge minutes in the off season. Also the coach doesn't control the players, its the other way around. Pop tells his players to get on the bench to conserve minutes and don't question, where as the Heat players think they know better. Not to mention the Heat weren't even challanaged against any of the east matchups.

Arcadian
06-14-2014, 12:15 PM

:lol That turned out to be a shitty matchup.

DMC
06-14-2014, 01:20 PM
His system is superior, however he hasn't learned to manage minutes thru the season like Pop has. They were so concerned with getting the 1 seed they played huge minutes in the off season. Also the coach doesn't control the players, its the other way around. Pop tells his players to get on the bench to conserve minutes and don't question, where as the Heat players think they know better. Not to mention the Heat weren't even challanaged against any of the east matchups.
The latter tbh. No true gauge for making adjustments because they bought their team turnkey.

Arcadian
04-01-2015, 03:16 AM