PDA

View Full Version : Why cant we play some zone

SinBAD
06-05-2012, 10:31 PM
Rivers proved today with his zone then man to man then zone then man again that he is a great coach.why cant we play zone and make the thunder just shoot jumpers??

jjktkk
06-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Rivers proved today with his zone then man to man then zone then man again that he is a great coach.why cant we play zone and make the thunder just shoot jumpers??

Bad comparison. You don't want to make OKC shoot jumpers. OKC has some great jumpshooters. Miami, on the other hand, does not, hence the reason Rivers went to a zone.

weebo
06-05-2012, 10:36 PM

cuz the thunder are a great jump shooting team....haven't you been watching?

SinBAD
06-05-2012, 10:37 PM
cuz the thunder are a great jump shooting team....haven't you been watching?
you live and die by jumpers.what has been happening is that they are breaking down our D.we win with points in paint.when they score as many we lose.we have to have an advantage there.let them shoot jumpers.u cant win with jumpers

weebo
06-05-2012, 10:40 PM
you live and die by jumpers.what has been happening is that they are breaking down our D.we win with points in paint.when they score as many we lose.we have to have an advantage there.let them shoot jumpers.u cant win with jumpers

they've won three straight with jumpers...okc is a jump shooting fast breaking team...they really don't run many offensive plays...they're an iso fast breaking jump shooting team

ALVAREZ6
06-05-2012, 10:42 PM
Zone shuts down teams that bang low in the paint with dominant bigmen, and challenges the team to make 3s.

OKC can make 3s.

No.

Richie
06-05-2012, 10:42 PM

The Thunder can win with jumpers. Our defence really isn't as bad as people are saying. Thunder are a great team with one hell of a clutch scorer. We are getting dominated by points off of turnovers/fast break points. Durant missed two break away dunks and we still conceded something like 28 points off turnovers last night

MI21
06-05-2012, 10:43 PM
I can't imagine a better player to combat a zone than Kevin Durant, tbh.

KDtrey5
06-05-2012, 10:45 PM

lol 16 straight jumpshots by Durant was no fluke and nobody can guard him. He is walking fouling machine if you try to defend him especially at home.

weebo
06-05-2012, 10:48 PM
lol 16 straight jumpshots by Durant was no fluke and nobody can guard him. He is walking fouling machine if you try to defend him especially at home.

true...you can't breath on the guy...he's really well protected by the league :hat

SpurPadre
06-05-2012, 10:54 PM
The only thing Doc and the Celtics proved tonight was that a team can't use the "old" excuse when playing a younger team in the playoffs.

therealtruth
06-06-2012, 03:27 AM

That's a weakness of our team. When most of our guys get run of the 3pt line they become useless. If they could hit a jumper that would help the offensive rhythm of the team.

temujin
06-06-2012, 05:30 AM
Excellent thread.
Zone won the Mavs a championship last year.
I have been writing about trying a zone, expecially with Splitter in.
Spurs have the personnel to try it, but Pop never did it.

And with the way OKC is playing, it is the last team you want to try a zone on at this stage.

thunderfan
06-06-2012, 08:28 AM
2-3 years ago, I often asked myself why in the world a team would play anything OTHER than zone against OKC. We flat sucked from the perimeter. Other than KD, it was bad. Green shot the 3 at about 28-30% and attempted it like he was a 45% shooter. Westbrook was horrendous from outside. Thabo was worse than Westbrook...and we had noone off the bench that could shoot.

it's me
06-06-2012, 08:38 AM

They are killing us with jumpers anyways.

Twisted_Dawg
06-06-2012, 10:59 AM
A lot of their jumpers are from dribble penetrate.

I still have no problems in going to a zone every 3-4 OKC possession just to throw off their timing, or trapping occassionally. Or occassionaly pressing when Neal and Green are in the game. Worthless fucks can't hit a shot, maybe with their young legs they might disrupt OKC timing, or at least burn some time off the shot clock.

I've never understood why NBA coaches don't mix up their defenses more. You don't see a NFL coach coming out with the same defensive scheme on each play.