PDA

View Full Version : Keys to winning Game 6?

Salty
06-06-2012, 12:35 AM
imo...

Limiting turnovers (while still setting the pace)

Role players hitting open shots

TP stepping up

If all three of these things happen, this series is going to a 7th game. What do you think are the keys?

dbreiden83080
06-06-2012, 12:38 AM
Take care of the ball
Play Jackson a ton
Get Tony's head out of his ass..
Tim has to play well
Manu has to have something left...
Ignore the crowd
Play for eachother...

Believe....

DeadlyDynasty
06-06-2012, 12:40 AM
praying

Horry Hipcheck
06-06-2012, 12:43 AM
Attack the rim and try to get Thunder in early foul trouble
Ball movement and smart decisions on the pass
Role players need to get open and when they do SHOOT
Play Jackson and Ginobili liberally

spurraider21
06-06-2012, 12:44 AM
limit UNFORCED turnovers. the thunder are long/athletic and do gamble on defense and go for the strip almost every time. they will force some turnovers, but don't just throw the ball away.

Spursfan092120
06-06-2012, 12:45 AM
We need to bring Gino off the bench again...start Danny...
Give him at least 3 shots in the first 2 minutes of the game..let him try to get going.
more time for Stephen Jackson
attack the rim

Horry Hipcheck
06-06-2012, 12:45 AM
Also, watch film of the first six minutes of the third quarter of Games 2 and 5 and REPEAT

dbreiden83080
06-06-2012, 12:46 AM
Tony has played so soft since game 2 it makes me sick.. If i see the ball get poked away from him as he flops to the ground one more time the remote is going through the plasma....

Spur|n|Austin
06-06-2012, 12:48 AM
Tony has played so soft since game 2 it makes me sick.. If i see the ball get poked away from him as he flops to the ground one more time the remote is going through the plasma....

I've almost done the same thing myself, but LCD.

SamoanTD
06-06-2012, 12:49 AM
Taking open shots when given, shoot with confidence, and take care of the fucking ball. Play team ball because they will DEFINITELY need each other in game 6.

dbreiden83080
06-06-2012, 12:50 AM
I've almost done the same thing myself, but LCD.

Game 4 after Durant got the bullshit and 1 i had to turn it off and go for a walk....

Damn these things are emotional...

Keepin' it real
06-06-2012, 12:51 AM
What do you think are the keys?

OKC choking.

Salty
06-06-2012, 12:52 AM
Also, not sure if there's a way to address this, but the Spurs need to limit KD and Harden's production in the 2nd half. I'd much rather the Spurs force OKC's bigs to take shots in the 2nd half as opposed to their stars.

If all else fails, force Westbrook to make plays. When he gets a head full of steam, he can the the Spurs' best asset on the court, tbh.

crc21209
06-06-2012, 12:54 AM
1. Limit turnovers (12 or less for the game)
2. Tony and Manu need to create havoc in the paint for themselves and for their teammates
3. Jack and Kawhi need to do a good job on Durant and Harden.
4. We need somebody, anybody...to hit some open shots. Whether it's Green, Neal, or Bonner hitting a couple of 3's...

cherylsteele
06-06-2012, 12:56 AM
imo...

Limiting turnovers (while still setting the pace)

Role players hitting open shots

TP stepping up

If all three of these things happen, this series is going to a 7th game. What do you think are the keys?
I think 1 and 2 are the 2 biggest keys in games 6 and hopefully game 7, the bench and role players need to step it up, but even without them, if we cut down the turnovers the outcome of game 5 could have very well been a different matter and we would all be singing a different tune.

Venti Quattro
06-06-2012, 12:57 AM
www.godvine.com

Spursfanfromafar
06-06-2012, 01:00 AM
Pop should not go with any preconceived notions as to whether or not a set rotation is required or not. I think he should play his cards depending upon the situation. That means, Danny Green (seems Gary Neal is sick enough not to play), Dejuan Blair and Patrick Mills should get their chances if the situation demands it. And hopefully he never goes ultra-small because the Thunder have an advantage over them if they do so.

Also Pop should try to out-Thunder the Thunder in trying to shut out Westbrook. He has to force Brooks to play Harden at the PG position earlier than required and then force him to take tough decisions to shoot. Pressuring Harden with Leonard should yield dividends, in my opinion. And Stephen Jackson should take on Kevin Durant as much as possible.

Boris Diaw and Splitter should also hopefully get over their respective weaknesses for atleast this game. That means, Diaw has to stop hesitating and be more willing to shoot when required and Splitter should not hesitate on switches.

As for the Big 3, if Parker, Manu and TD stay aggressive, they have a good chance of getting Sefolosha and Perkins in foul trouble.

If all these work as clockwork, I don't see why the Spurs cant upend the Thunder even on the road.

ManuSupraTurbo
06-06-2012, 01:06 AM
We all know the key is the darn roll players need to step up. I'm so used to seeing almost every shot from green, Neal, and Leonard going in. I'll keep my hopes high even tho I'm scared for the team.

spursfanincolorado
06-06-2012, 01:12 AM
1. Limit turnovers (12 or less for the game)
2. Tony and Manu need to create havoc in the paint for themselves and for their teammates
3. Jack and Kawhi need to do a good job on Durant and Harden.
4. We need somebody, anybody...to hit some open shots. Whether it's Green, Neal, or Bonner hitting a couple of 3's...

+1000

This....

It drives me nuts when the Spurs jump in the air and have no where to throw it and try and go cross court on a lob...

Just sloppy...

Free throws... They are the easiest baskets.. We missed 5... we lost by 5....

How the fuck does someone making millions miss free throws?

How the hell does a player in arguably the most competitive league in the world need to be cheerleaded at halftime by the coach?

How do they not pull their heads outta their asses? It's basketball.. It's not open heart surgery.

You practice for years to make the ball go in the fucking hoop.

Seriously? WTF

ducks
06-06-2012, 01:15 AM
let westbrook try to go for 60 and slow durant and role players

jiggy_55
06-06-2012, 01:54 AM
Just take care of the damn ball! No more 20 turnover nights!

TE
06-06-2012, 01:57 AM
OKC not executing as much.
Rebounding.
Execution.
Ball movement.
Parker playing better.
Limit Turnovers to a reasonable amount.

mingus
06-06-2012, 02:00 AM
Tony Parker has to play like an MVP, which is mental more than anything. Manu and Duncan have to show up. I think the rest will fall in place if those three things happen. But we aren't going to win if the head of the snake has his head up his has.

TE
06-06-2012, 02:04 AM
Oh and Neal cannot handle point guard duties. Either Manu or Tony have to be on the court when Neal is in.

These are times when TJ Ford is sorely missed.

Cow Eye
06-06-2012, 02:28 AM
Tony Parker has to play like an MVP, which is mental more than anything. Manu and Duncan have to show up. I think the rest will fall in place if those three things happen. But we aren't going to win if the head of the snake has his head up his has.

This a million times.

If our players play with passion and hustle, and we lose to OKC I won't care. But losing because it looks like we're not playing our hardest pisses me off. :bang

therealtruth
06-06-2012, 04:00 AM
Also, watch film of the first six minutes of the third quarter of Games 2 and 5 and REPEAT

The Thunder got better by watching tape of us earlier in the series. It might work for us also.

IknowU
06-06-2012, 04:09 AM
Give all the shots to Westbrook, come 4th quarter whoop his ass.