PDA

View Full Version : It Ends Tonight

06-06-2012, 12:48 PM
I predict tonight will be the last time the big 3 ever play together. The stars aligned this season, clearing a path for the Spurs for one last championship push. Manu Ginobili finally appeared healthy for the playoffs, Tony Parker elevated his play to MVP levels, and Tim Duncan discovered the fountain of youth. Popovich searched for role players to reinforce the aging core and found what he needed - a group of young, scrappy players and a pair of veterans to lead them.

In the playoffs, the Spurs landed two easy opponents, the young Jazz and the injured Clippers. The Thunder, the team that defeated two of the Spurs' oldest and greatest enemies, appeared to be the best match up for the Spurs. Yet, it was not enough. Two wins away from the finals, with the finish line in sight, the Spurs finally depleted their strength.

There is no denying that if the big 3 cannot win this year, their championship window finally closes. The basketball gods smiled on the Spurs and the Spurs failed.There will be no reason to keep both Parker and Ginobili because it will be painfully obvious that even with the core healthy and humming, the Spurs cannot reach the finals. The management will finally have no choice but to ship out at least one of them and bring back pieces to rebuild. Tonight, will be the Parker, Ginobili, and Duncan's last game together.

But do not mourn them. All eras come to an end. No one gave the Spurs a chance to win a title at the beginning of the season and yet here we are. The Spurs dragged their half dead corpse 6 wins from the finish line. And that is where their corpse will remain, 6 wins away.

Six wins away from shocking the world and bringing home one more championship trophy. They should be proud they put up one last fight, so stubborn that they refused to die for one more season. Instead of mourning the end of the big 3 era, sit back, enjoy the game, and watch the core play together for one last final glorious time. They may finally kneel to age but they do so with 10 combined rings on their fingers, defiant as ever.

bulakenyo
06-06-2012, 12:53 PM
I'm doubting if they can win the game later, but something inside me is saying it can be done.

I'm not as pessimistic as you are, right now.

And that's saying a lot. I'm Mr. Pessimistic, for nearly all my life, to everyone who personally knows me.

honestfool84
06-06-2012, 12:55 PM
bKxodgpyGec

CosmicCowboy
06-06-2012, 12:59 PM
Who are these freaking people? A few shots fall and we go into Game 7 tied. This ain't the dream team we are playing.

greyforest
06-06-2012, 01:00 PM
bKxodgpyGec

what is this weak ass shit?

this is the one you want

CAV0XrbEwNc

honestfool84
06-06-2012, 01:04 PM
:lol

Venti Quattro
06-06-2012, 01:08 PM
yfdAGkjHGac

hater
06-06-2012, 02:05 PM
I predict tonight will be the last time the big 3 ever play together. The stars aligned this season, clearing a path for the Spurs for one last championship push. Manu Ginobili finally appeared healthy for the playoffs, Tony Parker elevated his play to MVP levels, and Tim Duncan discovered the fountain of youth. Popovich searched for role players to reinforce the aging core and found what he needed - a group of young, scrappy players and a pair of veterans to lead them.

In the playoffs, the Spurs landed two easy opponents, the young Jazz and the injured Clippers. The Thunder, the team that defeated two of the Spurs' oldest and greatest enemies, appeared to be the best match up for the Spurs. Yet, it was not enough. Two wins away from the finals, with the finish line in sight, the Spurs finally depleted their strength.

There is no denying that if the big 3 cannot win this year, their championship window finally closes. The basketball gods smiled on the Spurs and the Spurs failed.There will be no reason to keep both Parker and Ginobili because it will be painfully obvious that even with the core healthy and humming, the Spurs cannot reach the finals. The management will finally have no choice but to ship out at least one of them and bring back pieces to rebuild. Tonight, will be the Parker, Ginobili, and Duncan's last game together.

But do not mourn them. All eras come to an end. No one gave the Spurs a chance to win a title at the beginning of the season and yet here we are. The Spurs dragged their half dead corpse 6 wins from the finish line. And that is where their corpse will remain, 6 wins away.

Six wins away from shocking the world and bringing home one more championship trophy. They should be proud they put up one last fight, so stubborn that they refused to die for one more season. Instead of mourning the end of the big 3 era, sit back, enjoy the game, and watch the core play together for one last final glorious time. They may finally kneel to age but they do so with 10 combined rings on their fingers, defiant as ever.

just kill yourself already faggot

Spurs won't need your support on Friday

06-06-2012, 03:52 PM
:lol timvp gave the spurs a 2% chance to win today. tell him to go fuck himself too.

thunderfan
06-06-2012, 04:04 PM
Man, I don't know how you guys can write off this team right now. I said before the damn Dallas series - when you're playing against Dirk Nowitski, Kidd, Marion, Carlisle, you're playing with fire. I don't care what it looks like on paper. If you're playing with Duncan, Parker, Ginobli, and Poppovich, you're playing with even more fire. I don't care where you're playing or if you won the previous 3 games by 30 points a piece, you're still up against a team that can whip your ass in a heartbeat.

ALVAREZ6
06-06-2012, 04:05 PM
This is not the last time the big 3 are playing together you retarded phagg:lolt

:lmao

ALVAREZ6
06-06-2012, 04:05 PM
This is not the last time the big 3 are playing together you retarded phagg:lolt

:lmao

Spurs da champs
06-06-2012, 04:08 PM

That's not very classy.

pad300
06-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Yep, you're right, the loosing streak ends tonight!

06-06-2012, 04:12 PM
If you have proper reading comprehension, I do not need to defend my fandom. If I meet the Spurs and can tell them one thing, it will be the same: it is a good day to die.

dbreiden83080
06-06-2012, 04:15 PM
If the real Spurs show up tonight they can win. They have lost 3 in a row considering how good they are it is almost crazy to think about losing 4 in a row.. If the Spurs stay in this thing in spite of the runs and the crowd they will have a shot.. If they let the Thunder's aggression and the noise bother them they get blown out tonight...

Real Spurs stand up..

Believe..

DMC
06-06-2012, 04:22 PM
They will continue to play together as long as Parker gets to run the team and they still sell tickets. Outside of that, it's anyone's guess.

ffadicted
06-06-2012, 04:24 PM
kill yourself

Typical London Boy
06-06-2012, 04:24 PM
Loving these reverse jinx threads right now.

spursfan09
06-06-2012, 04:30 PM
I don't think it will be their last game together at all. Whether they win or not. So I'm gonna feel any emotion I feel tonight and continue to yell "Shut the fuck up Reggie Miller"

Old School 44
06-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Somebody just needs to wake the Spurs young guns up! Kahwi's been great, but Danny, Tiago, DeJuan and Gary need to step up!
Particularly Danny, they just need to let him get loose like in this video.

JqRmNkygo7k

mingus
06-06-2012, 04:35 PM
If the Spurs lose tonight we'll be able to aptly label them as a team that had everything to win it all except mental toughness. If they win, a couple weeks from now we could aptly label them one of the mentally toughest teams of all time.

easy7
06-06-2012, 05:56 PM
Well, shit happens...

AztecSpur
06-06-2012, 05:59 PM
Kawhi's going to be ballin' tonight so you can shut yo pie whole!

Knoxxx
06-06-2012, 07:06 PM

Right on can't believe someone took the time to type all that bs. Made it halfway through paragraph 1.

06-07-2012, 01:26 PM
You will first encounter denial, then anger, but then eventually you will find your way to acceptance and the inescapable conclusion: this was the core's last game together.