PDA

View Full Version : It Ends Tonight

Venti Quattro
06-06-2012, 01:15 PM
I predict tonight will be the last time the big 3 ever play together. The stars aligned this season, clearing a path for the Spurs for one last championship push. Manu Ginobili finally appeared healthy for the playoffs, Tony Parker elevated his play to MVP levels, and Tim Duncan discovered the fountain of youth. Popovich searched for role players to reinforce the aging core and found what he needed - a group of young, scrappy players and a pair of veterans to lead them.

In the playoffs, the Spurs landed two easy opponents, the young Jazz and the injured Clippers. The Thunder, the team that defeated two of the Spurs' oldest and greatest enemies, appeared to be the best match up for the Spurs. Yet, it was not enough. Two wins away from the finals, with the finish line in sight, the Spurs finally depleted their strength.

There is no denying that if the big 3 cannot win this year, their championship window finally closes. The basketball gods smiled on the Spurs and the Spurs failed.There will be no reason to keep both Parker and Ginobili because it will be painfully obvious that even with the core healthy and humming, the Spurs cannot reach the finals. The management will finally have no choice but to ship out at least one of them and bring back pieces to rebuild. Tonight, will be the Parker, Ginobili, and Duncan's last game together.

But do not mourn them. All eras come to an end. No one gave the Spurs a chance to win a title at the beginning of the season and yet here we are. The Spurs dragged their half dead corpse 6 wins from the finish line. And that is where their corpse will remain, 6 wins away.

Six wins away from shocking the world and bringing home one more championship trophy. They should be proud they put up one last fight, so stubborn that they refused to die for one more season. Instead of mourning the end of the big 3 era, sit back, enjoy the game, and watch the core play together for one last final glorious time. They may finally kneel to age but they do so with 10 combined rings on their fingers, defiant as ever.

VBM
06-06-2012, 01:16 PM
:cry

djohn2oo8
06-06-2012, 01:29 PM
http://content.internetvideoarchive.com/content/photos/662/002784_14.jpg

Venti Quattro
06-06-2012, 01:30 PM
yfdAGkjHGac

:cry :cry :cry /wrists :cry :cry :cry

Durant 35
06-06-2012, 01:31 PM
Hope so....

tesseractive
06-06-2012, 02:08 PM
HJv8sO0mI-M

:flag:

jeebus
06-06-2012, 02:12 PM
I predict tonight will be the last time the big 3 ever play together. The stars aligned this season, clearing a path for the Spurs for one last championship push. Manu Ginobili finally appeared healthy for the playoffs, Tony Parker elevated his play to MVP levels, and Tim Duncan discovered the fountain of youth. Popovich searched for role players to reinforce the aging core and found what he needed - a group of young, scrappy players and a pair of veterans to lead them.

In the playoffs, the Spurs landed two easy opponents, the young Jazz and the injured Clippers. The Thunder, the team that defeated two of the Spurs' oldest and greatest enemies, appeared to be the best match up for the Spurs. Yet, it was not enough. Two wins away from the finals, with the finish line in sight, the Spurs finally depleted their strength.

There is no denying that if the big 3 cannot win this year, their championship window finally closes. The basketball gods smiled on the Spurs and the Spurs failed.There will be no reason to keep both Parker and Ginobili because it will be painfully obvious that even with the core healthy and humming, the Spurs cannot reach the finals. The management will finally have no choice but to ship out at least one of them and bring back pieces to rebuild. Tonight, will be the Parker, Ginobili, and Duncan's last game together.

But do not mourn them. All eras come to an end. No one gave the Spurs a chance to win a title at the beginning of the season and yet here we are. The Spurs dragged their half dead corpse 6 wins from the finish line. And that is where their corpse will remain, 6 wins away.

Six wins away from shocking the world and bringing home one more championship trophy. They should be proud they put up one last fight, so stubborn that they refused to die for one more season. Instead of mourning the end of the big 3 era, sit back, enjoy the game, and watch the core play together for one last final glorious time. They may finally kneel to age but they do so with 10 combined rings on their fingers, defiant as ever.

Read the whole thing. I was literally cumming nonstop with tears flowing down my pathetic face the entire time. Brav:cry Venti

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
06-06-2012, 02:18 PM

:lmao

Findog
06-06-2012, 02:18 PM
http://i.lv3.hbo.com/assets/images/movies/the-wrestler/the-wrestler-1024.jpg

VBM
06-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Th_ie6NiVbU

BlackSwordsMan
06-06-2012, 02:30 PM
I think they'll do one more year and call it quits. I don't see duncan retiring even if he is that same tired old shit bag he's been the past 4 years. I hope this is the last year Bonner is on the fucking team what a useless piece of shit

lefty
06-06-2012, 02:32 PM
I agree with Venti

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
06-06-2012, 02:36 PM
I think they'll do one more year and call it quits. I don't see duncan retiring even if he is that same tired old shit bag he's been the past 4 years. I hope this is the last year Bonner is on the fucking team what a useless piece of shit

:lol Tosb

VBM
06-06-2012, 02:38 PM

Spurs won't be completely done, although I could see them finishing outside of the top 4 playoff spots next season, and it'll come down to luck of the draw in the playoffs. Luckily for SA, the Mavs and Lakers will be another year older, and the Clippers are keeping VDN, so the West in general won't improve a whole lot more.

Also, a lot will depend on Kawhi Leonard and Tiago Splitter's development. The rest will depend on what happens in free agency (will any of the euros cross over the pond? will duncan sign for cheap? will bonner be amnestied).

Stalin
06-06-2012, 02:42 PM
sound like upstairs meltdown is of epic proportions, tbh

ElNono
06-06-2012, 02:44 PM
http://i.lv3.hbo.com/assets/images/movies/the-wrestler/the-wrestler-1024.jpg

Underrated movie, IMO...

Stalin
06-06-2012, 02:44 PM

:lol GNSF's upstairs are going full retard, cutting themselves and jumping of then nearest bridge, tbqh

Spurs da champs
06-06-2012, 02:46 PM
This year was the last chance of winning a title & since it is most likely they'll be eliminated tonight, it's over & they should blow the team up, need to start rebuilding immediately.

VBM
06-06-2012, 02:49 PM
:lol GNSF's upstairs are going full retard, cutting themselves and jumping off the nearest bridge, tbqh

:cry They took Goran with them :cry

KD4MVP
06-06-2012, 02:54 PM
Hope so....

jjktkk
06-06-2012, 02:58 PM
Spurs exceeded expectations this year imo. Great run for the big 3, if it ends tonight.

Frenzy
06-06-2012, 03:09 PM
Yeah window was closed two,three years ago too iirc.

TimmehC
06-06-2012, 03:10 PM
Unfortunately, I think you're right. If the Spurs can't get their shit together enough to win this game(and this series), Parker(trade) or Duncan(retirement) is gone. More likely Parker.

Long live the Spurs.

tesseractive
06-06-2012, 03:16 PM
:lol GNSF's upstairs are going full retard, cutting themselves and jumping of then nearest bridge, tbqh

Survival of the fittest, tbh.

pass1st
06-06-2012, 03:46 PM
Spurs better start tanking, this kid should be ready for them when they are going to make another playoff run

QOZ5xzDJbO0

ElNono
06-06-2012, 04:18 PM
Spurs better start tanking, this kid should be ready for them when they are going to make another playoff run

QOZ5xzDJbO0

I can confirm we have a pick for 2035...

DMC
06-06-2012, 04:38 PM

I've said since the start of the season that the Spurs are not true contenders for the title, not even the WC title. People scoff at it because most of yall are fucking homers tbh. Regardless, when the team shows it's underbelly again and it's weakness is glaring, all of the cliff jumping starts.

Spur_Fanatic
06-06-2012, 05:07 PM
It was nice while it lasted.

Spurs got much further than I expected them at the start of the season.
(I though the schedule alone was going to kill us)

flipspursfan
06-06-2012, 05:47 PM
good run, still proud of this team