PDA

View Full Version : Masseuse dies at a hospital after collapsing at the Miami Beach home of Chris Bosh

lefty
06-06-2012, 03:10 PM
MIAMI -- A South Florida masseuse died at a hospital after collapsing at the Miami Beach home of injured Heat forward Chris Bosh (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1977/chris-bosh).
A police report says the woman, whose name wasn't immediately released, went to Bosh's home on Monday. Bosh has been sidelined with an abdominal strain.
Miami Beach police spokeswoman Vivian Hernandez says the department will conduct its standard death investigation, but there are no immediate signs of foul play.
On Tuesday night Bosh and his wife Adrienne released a statement:
"Last evening, a massage therapist that we have used for some time, arrived at our home to provide massage therapy. Shortly after she arrived, she fainted and lost consciousness. We called 911 and emergency personnel arrived at our home shortly thereafter. They took her to Mount Sinai Hospital, where she passed away. Our hearts go out to her family. We are very sorry for their loss."
Bosh was emotional when asked about the subject following Miami's Game 5 loss, in which he logged his first minutes of action in the Eastern Conference finals.
"It was good just to be able to do what I love," Bosh said. "I was happy just to do that. With everything going on, life happens."
The woman initially appeared to be well but suddenly collapsed. Fire rescue workers responded and transported the unconscious woman to a nearby hospital, where she died Monday night.
The report says a friend of the victim told officials she had survived cancer about a year ago. The cause of the woman's collapse and eventual death weren't in the report.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

jeebus
06-06-2012, 03:12 PM
h:lolrse

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-06-2012, 03:13 PM
I wonder if that masseuse loves donuts as much as a certain masseuse who posts on ST does.

lefty
06-06-2012, 03:16 PM
Dear God, some comments on ESPN talkback :

" I'm wondering if she collapsed during the 4th quarter"

tesseractive
06-06-2012, 03:17 PM

:lmao :lmao :lmao

TE
06-06-2012, 03:21 PM
:lol that ESPN comment

jeebus
06-06-2012, 03:22 PM
ESPN has some very underrated trolls

baseline bum
06-06-2012, 03:27 PM

I feel bad for laughing my ass off at that.

BRHornet45
06-06-2012, 04:34 PM
Hmm ... masseuse ... Florida ....... sons where was John Travolta Monday night???

DMC
06-06-2012, 04:35 PM
Now we know why Bosh's abdomen was hurting.

Bobby Peru
06-06-2012, 04:43 PM

HOly FUCK

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Venti Quattro
06-06-2012, 07:27 PM
Now we know what Horse was doing. :lmao :lmao :lmao

:lmao massage therapist
:lmao hanging out at Dunkin' Donuts