PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 Politics Aside

Samurai Jane
09-11-2004, 01:14 PM
I just wanted to take a moment to remember the families and friends of those lost on that terrible day. God Bless each and every one of you.

Yonivore
09-11-2004, 01:22 PM
Amen to that.

Samurai Jane
09-11-2004, 01:47 PM
Oh and to the survivors of 9/11, may God grant you peace as well.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-11-2004, 03:50 PM
Amen.

And all the PC anti-religion crowd can stuff it.

Nbadan
09-12-2004, 06:56 AM
On 911, I remember my wife waking me up and telling me that both Towers of the WTC had been struck by aircraft. The first words out of my mouth were, 'We're at War!". I remember the U.S. was a it's highest point in world-wide stature, hell, even Momar and Castro felt sympathy for us. It was great to be a American.

Compare that to now. The world hates us. Top administration officials aren't even welcome in most countries around the world. We've lost the momentum, sympathy of the world and almost, but not completely, the moral high ground on the war on terrorism. We are in a quagmire with no end in sight, and even Costa Rica, with no troops on the ground in Iraq (because they have no army), recently asked to have their name stricken from the coalition of the Less-Willing, but, hey, the war on terrorism has been going great under W. I can still drive my gas-guzzling S.U.V., I never think about the troops because the media has reduced the news on Iraq to short sip-lets thanks to some Republican't spin about vetted documents, and it's not costing me any money because I'm passing on the cost of this fiasco to my children. Cheery, just cheery!

:lol (hey, this is a political forum after all!)

Yonivore
09-12-2004, 09:52 AM
What were you doing asleep at that time of the morning?

MannyIsGod
09-12-2004, 01:52 PM
i went out to the memorial here in town yesterday. i've been there a few times, it's a a nice memorial. i did some charcoal rubbings of some of the names ...such a sad day.

Betsy
09-12-2004, 06:47 PM
http://www.boomspeed.com/betzy7389/image002.gif

Nbadan
09-12-2004, 06:54 PM
What were you doing asleep at that time of the morning?

:lol (very intuitive)

Must have been a Tuesday. That's the only day I get to sleep after 7 a.m..

Hook Dem
09-13-2004, 10:53 AM
It was on a tuesday Dan! I'll never forget.