PDA

View Full Version : This may be the last NBA game I watch

DuncanInYourFace
06-06-2012, 10:18 PM
This is a horrendous product that the NBA is putting out, and it frankly is looking completely rigged at this point, I will just start watching WWE.

sammy
06-06-2012, 10:26 PM
All you losers get the fuck off our board! You bitches were all sent packing weeks ago and whined about the refs yourselves! Fucking hypocrites!

InK
06-06-2012, 10:30 PM
All you losers get the fuck off our board! You bitches were all sent packing weeks ago and whined about the refs yourselves! Fucking hypocrites!

And what were you saying then heh?

Horse
06-06-2012, 10:33 PM
I'm with you fuck spending money on this shit. If they wanna just say it's fake like wwe I'm good but tricking us that it's not fixed is bullshit.

Poolboy5623
I'm done...ill look forward to not having to buy the NBA league pass anymore...and I've never blamed it on "the refs"...the spurs aren't worth the cost of it anyways..win/win

Juggity
Only 1 game this series was decided by referees, sons.

It's too bad that it had to be tonight, but it is what it is.

Spurs had 'em by the throat and then loosened the hold. The refs did the rest.

Bender
06-06-2012, 10:34 PM
after 9 years of watching NBA, I guess I've had enough too.

LegendaryFan44
06-06-2012, 10:35 PM
All sports are fixed..NBA the worst..officials control pointspreads...it IS PRO WRESTLING..everyone is envolved..1st half..2nd half..its so rigged..players involved too..$$$$$$$$$$$

Vici
06-06-2012, 10:36 PM
It's hard to watch. I called it at work when both teams were up 2-0, the calls will get completely lop-sided and even up the series to force 6 games.

Truth be told I stopped watching a while ago, only started because I wanted to see what the Spurs buzz was about. Same ol' shit the NBA has been pulling for years, don't know why it's a surprise to anyone.

DontStopBelieving
06-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Look up my posts, as everybody bitched at the refs since game 3, I told them they were whining faggots. But, that game was literally the most blatant bullshit riffed game I have ever seen. I won't go as far to say that I won't watch the nba again (I love my spurs), but this has left a horrible taste in my mouth that I won't soon forget.

Ace
06-06-2012, 10:38 PM
:cry Those fuckin refs :cry

Whisky Dog
06-06-2012, 10:39 PM
The Spurs let them back in the series with poor play, then when the NBA saw an opportunity to be the deciding factor in a close series they took it. That was definitely as bad as 2002 WCF. That's a great way for the NBA to treat the best PF of all time in his real last hurrah run, by a ref screw job in the close games 5 and especially 6.

It is what it is, if the Spurs let the game be tight in the end this was bound to happen. Should have manned up in game 3, but that doesn't excuse the biased whistle. It is what it is, and once Duncan's gone I see no allure to following the NBA. It's a shame.

Brodels
06-06-2012, 10:41 PM
Well, then, stop watching. If you don't believe in the integrity of the game, I can't imagine why you would watch, unless you're looking for a professional wrestling experience.

DieHardSpursFan1537
06-06-2012, 10:42 PM
There were a lot of bad calls, but Thunder won the game and that's that.

TIMMYtoZO
06-06-2012, 10:43 PM
:cry This isn't fair :cry

Admidave50
Feel you bro

Hooks
Me too, I'm done. Last game I ever watch.

Crookshanks
06-06-2012, 10:48 PM
I will no longer buy League Pass, and I will become a casual fan. My heart has been ripped out one too many times.

ginobili fan
06-06-2012, 10:51 PM
I quit this shit seriously.
This isn't sport anymore.
WTF am I'm killing myself every night like a Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_ to watch this.

ginobili fan
06-06-2012, 10:52 PM
And one day I'll sue them or buy the whole league or doing some mafia.

Borat Sagyidev
06-06-2012, 10:54 PM
2001 Kings-Lakers was just a sample.

This is the cutting off point. FIBA here I come.

Kidd K
06-06-2012, 10:55 PM
Agreed. Not only am I boycotting the Finals this year (and quite frankly could not possibly care less about this year's asterisk title due to ref fixing), but I'm no longer buying league pass anymore either (I have the last 2 years for the first time since '08).

Shit is clearly rigged as fuck, and I'm not giving any of my money to the NBA anymore until Stern is replaced as commisioner and the league is proven to no longer be rigged and fixed.

Spurtacus
06-06-2012, 10:56 PM
Difficult to watch tonight. Glad i held my emotions in check. Broke a cup and remote last year. Anyways i will take nba over hockey and baseball any day.

GrandeDavid
06-06-2012, 10:57 PM
I rarely blame refs. Tonight they killed the Spurs.

DuncanInYourFace
06-06-2012, 10:59 PM
It's sad to say it but I think this is it for me and the NBA.

The Spurs are the best franchise across any sport and it's been an absolute blast to watch them since the late 90s, but the influence of the refs in the sport has gotten out of control. Maybe I am wrong, but I have serious doubts about the fundamental integrity of the game and can't justify spending any more time following the sport.

I don't want to end on such a sad note because it has been completely amazing to be a Spurs fan. Game 6 2003 finals, Games 5/7 2005 finals (heck the whole 2005 playoffs were incredible), Duncan's 3 over Phoenix. Heck I even appreciate 2006 Game 7 vs. Mavs for the sheer epicness.

For those that still have the faith that you are watching an unbiased sport, more power to you, I don't want to infringe on your happiness. The NBA has the best athletes in the world, period, and I will not count out once again believing in the integrity of the sport. But for the time being, I just don't have it.

Peace

Horse
06-06-2012, 11:00 PM
Only 1 game this series was decided by referees, sons.

It's too bad that it had to be tonight, but it is what it is.

Spurs had 'em by the throat and then loosened the hold. The refs did the rest.
Zebras jumped in the first fucking 2nd of the 3rd qrt. This is the first time I really believe the nba is fixed since the laker 3-peat.

Poolboy5623
06-06-2012, 11:04 PM
I've honestly not really wanted to watch the "NBA" for awhile now but have given in due to the spurs run of playoff apearences. That and they're typically the opposite of what most teams are all about. But after what Joey Crawford has been thru w/the league, a) why is he reffing and b) why the f is he reffing the wcf!? Just goes to show u the joke of the NBA! People around me have been telling me for years and I've ignored them...no more.

MANUUU
06-06-2012, 11:04 PM
I never blame the refs, but this is so obvious, it hurts because it just HAD to be an elimination game for us.

wut
06-06-2012, 11:28 PM
Yeh I actually feel the same way and I've been a fan of the NBA since 5th grade.

Remember when playoff basketball meant two teams going at it with the refs allowing both teams to play?

Poolboy5623
06-06-2012, 11:55 PM
I've honestly not really wanted to watch the "NBA" for awhile now but have given in due to the spurs run of playoff apearences. That and they're typically the opposite of what most teams are all about. But after what Joey Crawford has been thru w/the league, a) why is he reffing and b) why the f is he reffing the wcf!? Just goes to show u the joke of the NBA! People around me have been telling me for years and I've ignored them...no more.

pawe
06-07-2012, 12:08 AM
I've said those words before but I still kept coming back.
I'll probably be really done when TD and Manu retires.

TD 21
06-07-2012, 12:22 AM
It's not fixed, what it is is managed. And when two teams are close as these two are, just enough managing can swing a game and a series. I'm not suggesting the Spurs lost this series because of the refs, but that they weren't even given the chance to lose it on their own.

manu the best
06-07-2012, 12:48 AM
I'm with u bro. this is the last game im gonna watch for this season. fuck the nba..

manu the best
06-07-2012, 12:49 AM
I've said those words before but I still kept coming back.
I'll probably be really done when TD and Manu retires.

i feel the same way.. i would probably stop watching any nba game after timmy and manu retire..