PDA

View Full Version : What can the Spurs do to improve this team?

$pursDynasty
06-06-2012, 10:36 PM
Pop, RC and the rest have done miracles making good use of role players, but 15 years out of the lottery is catching up to the Spurs. The players that couldn't do anything but looked so effective for the Spurs went back to looking like nobodies again. For me more than anything the Spurs need a defensive big. An Ibaka like player, I don't care if he can't score at all but a shot blocking, rim protecting monster. The Spurs can score but they need an injecting of defensive intensity. Just like Tyson Chandler brought it to the Mavericks last year. The Spurs could use some young stars BUT I wouldn't tank a season in order to get in the lottery we have to do what we can while we still have Timmy. Our bench that was the strength of this team looked like a bunch of JAGS. Carolina Diaw, Cleveland Green, not to mention the Caucasian Towers Bonner and Splitter. They both could have missed that flight Neal missed and stayed in San Antonio for all the good they did.

Kidd K
06-06-2012, 10:39 PM
Tank a season and draft some useless "exciting" dunker player that ESPN/NBA tv can act excited about so the refs stop screwing us in the playoffs in favor in inferior teams that get more highlight plays.

Or, pay off Stern/NBA with millions of dollars so they don't screw us with officiating again.

Or: Move to another city that they like more so they don't screw us with officiating again.

BadMotorscooter
06-06-2012, 10:39 PM
The Mods here suck cock. I have made this site responsive and they are so stupid they ban me. We lost and I hope this site is done...in fact...I'll make sure and crush this site on other forums.

TheProfessor
06-06-2012, 10:40 PM
The Mods here suck cock. I have made this site responsive and they are so stupid they ban me. We lost and I hope this site is done...in fact...I'll make sure and crush this site on other forums.
:lmao Thanks, I needed that.

Richie
06-06-2012, 10:41 PM
Trade Neal and Blair, two good assets can hopefully pick us up a decent draft pick

cd98
06-06-2012, 10:43 PM
Get young superstar talent. That happens with lottery picks, which means we have to lose.

rasho8
06-06-2012, 10:43 PM
Trade Bonner, Neal and Blair for a good backup point guard and javele McGee.

Pops head would explode coaching McGee.

Darius Bieber
06-06-2012, 10:44 PM
Pay the refs more.

timtonymanu
06-06-2012, 10:47 PM
Leonard and Jack are the only role players that I want to see back next season.

The rest can retire.

Chachachango
06-06-2012, 10:50 PM
Get rid of bonner and blair. Get another big, get a younger pg, some pair of balls

Beaverfuzz
06-06-2012, 10:51 PM
Time to get younger...

Spurs Brazil
06-06-2012, 10:52 PM
We need to find a big to help TD on defense.

Defense is what get you there. We couldn't have any stops against OKC. We all know that defense win. Aways

Kidd K
06-06-2012, 10:53 PM

I usually hate mods, but the mods here are legit imo. Barely anyone talks more shit or swears more than me on this site, yet they haven't modded me once because I don't go over the top and troll/bash people personally or repeatedly. No complaints from me about the modding at all. You just have to pick your spots better dude. . .they let you get away with tons of shit here broseph. It's one of the few decent forums on the internet.

They let you do shit, just not crazy shit.

noles1983
06-06-2012, 10:55 PM
Gut half the team. Neal gone, green gone, bonner gone, Blair gone, Anderson gone. Sadly we will get the same recycled shit.

ernest787
06-06-2012, 10:59 PM
hard to really do much without breaking up the big 3. The one thing they have is an expiring contract in Jax, which you could try to use to get some front line help, but that means Green and Neal probably have to stay and we will have to rely on them again next year.

I think the lack of another rim protector really hurt. Even more than that I think the lack of a real low post presence killed the Spurs this year. In the past if the Thunder wanted to switch every PNR, the Spurs could have fed the ball to Duncan and let him go to work. Duncan proved he can't do that anymore unless the matchup is right.

It's been a great run

Richie
06-06-2012, 11:00 PM
Keep Green, trade Neal, Blair, amnesty Bonner so we can pay Timmy more next year so we can pay him less 13-14

rasho8
06-06-2012, 11:02 PM

Eat a dick faggot.

Buddy Holly
06-06-2012, 11:04 PM
Do we pull a Bosron and keep our big three together for maybe another run or do we trade one of them (obv. Manu or tony) while they have value.

I think we keep them together and just get better pieces. Gary Neal and Blair could get us a draft pick.

Buddy Holly
06-06-2012, 11:05 PM
Do we pull a Boston and keep our big three together for maybe another run or do we trade one of them (obv. Manu or tony) while they have value.

I think we keep them together and just get better pieces. Gary Neal and Blair could get us a draft pick.

tony77
06-06-2012, 11:06 PM
I would have liked the Spurs tanked this shortened season

Jumi
06-06-2012, 11:11 PM
Neal is too cheap for the production he gives us. He stays. Green should be used to help us improve, but honestly this team just got beat by the better team. We need another big. If Duncan wants to win another chip, he has to take a resonable contract. Bonner has to go. I'm not wasting time talking about Anderson. Splitter stays. This will be another interesting off season. This team isn't in need of a major overhaul.

icango
06-06-2012, 11:27 PM
need a shot blocker or a big who can defend the paint.

CP48107
06-06-2012, 11:32 PM
Guys, I think with Duncan taking a smaller contract than he is getting this year, we can get JaVale McGee.

But I don't want to see James Anderson go. He along with Kevin Durant & Blake Griffin, were the three past big 12 player of the year. I think he needs more playing time to prove himself.

DDS4
06-06-2012, 11:34 PM
Time to get younger...

The Spurs should do the opposite. If their window is only 1-2 years, they need playoff tested vets that don't shrink when the lights are bright.

Not a major overhaul, but they need guys 6 though 9 to step up. The major shrinkage from Green, Bonner, and Splitter was too much to overcome.

Richie
Guys, I think with Duncan taking a smaller contract than he is getting this year, we can get JaVale McGee.

No we can't. We're waaayyy over the cap

Borat Sagyidev
pay off the refs imo

DontStopBelieving
06-06-2012, 11:37 PM
Do we pull a Bosron and keep our big three together for maybe another run or do we trade one of them (obv. Manu or tony) while they have value.

Trading Manu would be the most fucking retarded move the Spurs could make.